DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Esplanade Darwin
$136
$124
Hilton
  • Restaurant
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Darwin(Darwin)(Great Value!)
$145
$142
Doubletree
Mantra Pandanas(Darwin)(Great Value!)
$165
$133
$137
Darwin Central Hotel(Darwin)(Great Value!)
$138
$95
  • Restaurant
Quality Hotel Darwin Airport(Darwin)(Great Value!)
$99
$95
Agoda.com
Palms City Resort(Darwin)(Great Value!)
$126
$153
$119
Travelocity
  • Restaurant
The Leprechaun Resort(Darwin)(Great Value!)
$65
$62
1,205 results
All reviewsdouble treemitchell streetacross the roadgreat poolbit datedesplanadefoyerparklandpositionharbourpubskakaducbd
FilterAll languages
Reviewed June 24, 2013

Close to town with alot around to see and do. Great and polite staff. Callan was very helpful and a delight to deal with. The lunch menu was great and a pleasant surprise. The room was very clean and smelled great.

Reviewed June 21, 2013

I stayed at this hotel (when it was called the Holiday Inn) with some girlfriends for 3 nights in October 2012. One of the main reasons we chose this hotel over the neighbouring Holiday Inn was the pool, it had seemed that this pool was bigger and that was one of the contributing factors in booking this place. So we were a bit disappointed when we checked in and were told that the pool was being renovated and not in use. Luckily we were able to go next door and use their pool, otherwise we would have been very upset, it's just too hot to be in Darwin without a pool! A staff member at the Holiday Inn next door told us to go to the night markets the first night we were there, luckily she did because we were going to go the second night and would have missed it, we went to the last market before the wet season.
Our room was fairly small, especially with one pull out bed taking up most of the floor space, so it was very tricky trying to get our suitcases around it. The room was clean, but is very dated. The beds were quite comfortable. The old tv needs to go.
The selection at breakfast was alright, nothing special. We liked the location of the hotel, easy walking distance to shops. One night we got back to the hotel late and wanted to order something to eat from room service. We were very disappointed that the only things to order were pizza or curry, nothing else to choose from e.g toasted sandwich, hot chips, burger, they didn't even have toast.
The staff were all friendly, and helped us to book a sightseeing dinner cruise for our last night.
We enjoyed a trip to Litchfield National Park during our stay, and renting a car for the day was easy, there are a couple of car rental places on the main street.
Overall we had a good stay at this hotel, if the rooms were updated I would probably stay there again.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
CareyOsborne, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Esplanade Darwin, responded to this reviewResponded July 16, 2013

Dear Shearts

Thank you for telling us about your experiences when the hotel was a Holiday Inn. DoubleTree by Hilton has started enhancing the services of the hotel by installing flat screen TV's with WiFi soon to also be available in our guest rooms.

The Pool Deck is amazing and is the largest hotel swimming pool in Darwin - glas to hear that you enjoyed it !

Please do come back and experience the DoubleTree by Hilton hospitality.

Kind Regards

Carey Osborne

Reviewed June 16, 2013

When we booked it was a Holiday Inn and now taken over by Hilton. The staff are really efficient and friendly. The location is on the Esplanade in Darwin CBD so it's very close to the water yet it backs onto one of the main shopping streets. A win win situation. The rooms are a little dated but clean and comfortable and our third floor room was very quiet. We would stay here again without hesitation.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 15, 2013

It's a bit confusing, but there are two DT By Hilton hotels in Darwin - side by side on the Esplanade. I tried to check into one but was told I was actually booked into the other. A 100 metre walk in Darwin media heat with luggage didn't really put me in the right frame of mind when it came to checking in.
This review is of the DT Esplanade - the other hotel is supposedly known as the DT By Hilton DARWIN.
Anyway, its an older hotel and the room I was booked into - 403 - reflected this. Archways, brass and wood and a creamy/lemony colour scheme...uh oh I thought...but I was pleasantly surprised.
For starters everything was really clean and well maintained. certainly some fittings were showing their age, but the walls were free of scuffs, the carpets were stain free and clean, the bathroom (although dated) was very clean. There was two QS beds in the room and both were very comfortable. there was a small desk - too small for the business traveller and dominated by a large table lamp that was apparently attached to the table and could not be moved. Oh, and one chair, so no good if the two of you wanted to share a room service meal together.
The room was quiet, you couldn't hear your neighbours and I had a view facing east so early morning light coming into the room was very nice. The air-con worked a treat. The TV was ancient - a decent flat screen please and despite showing a selection of Foxtel, it didn't show Sky news! I did ask at the desk and the suggestion was that I should be getting it, but nothing changed.
First world problem I know.
The staff were all very pleasant and eager to help. The young guy who delivered my room service meal on the first night rang me later to ask how my meal was. The meal was good - a selection of dips/bread and a laksa soup. I also had room service breakfast and it too was off a good quality.
The swimming pool was great - perfect place to spend sometime after work and you can order drinks and meals for the restaurant.
The hotel's location is could with the main entertainment drag directly behind the hotel, so walking distance to pubs and eateries. I had dinner one night at Char - my review is on Tripadvisor - and I could walk to and from dinner comfortably.
I'd recommend this hotel to travellers and I would look at staying here again next time I'm in Darwin.

Room Tip: The lifts are particularly noisy so be sure to ask for a room some distance from them.
Reviewed June 12, 2013

The Hotel is very antiquated and is in serious need of refurbishment. It appears that there has been no serious update since the 70s and entirely unreasonable to associate the Hilton Brand with these standards. Also, the inability to access free wi-fi for any extended period beyond 30 min per day is not good enough in this day and age especially if one is paying $300 per night. The lack of accommodation in Darwin allows the Hotel to be viable at the current standards/prices - however this would not be the case in any other capital cities. I do appreciate the good efforts of the staff who provide an excellent service at the Hotel.

1  Thank Rod V