“Hard to rate” 3 of 5 bubbles

Golden Orchid
Ranked #114 of 358 Restaurants in Darwin
Cuisines: Seafood, Chinese, Asian, Thai
Good for: Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Glass House Mountains, Australia
“Hard to rate”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 3, 2014

The service was very second rate, but the food was on the whole good. Sadly overall it was our least favourite dining experience at Cullen Bay.

• Indonesian first
Brisbane, Australia
“Really nice. A big surprise”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 2, 2014

I know Darwin pretty well and Cullen Bay in particular and had been giving this restaurant a wide berth as I am not a fan of Thai food. However, this night I had my sister and a work colleague with me and we ended up at the Golden Orchid. Have to say it completely turned around my idea of a Thai restaurant.

My sister and I ordered food to share. We had the veg curry puffs for entree and then a veg green curry and a fried fish curry dish. We were being pretty adventurous as neither of us really like hot food. But what a surprise. The curry puffs were amazing. Fluffy and light, moist inside and very very tasty. Our mains were perhaps a bit on the spicy side for us but again very tasty

The staff were fantastic and we loved sitting outside right on the water. Really pleased we came here and can happily recommend

• Visited July 2014
Cairns, Australia
“Visited twice as enjoyed it so much”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 29, 2014

Went with a group of 5 after a sunset cruise. Great friendly service with good food too. Went back again with my husband for lunch too and had great pad thai and a chicken and sweet n sour pork. Lovely waterfront setting.

Hechingen, Germany
“Friendly service and wonderful breakfast buffet”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 27, 2014 via mobile

I visited a few times Golden Orchid for breakfast. They offer buffet for $ 16 which includes coffe, tea and juices. Food ranges from fresh fruit, yoghurt, eggs (poached, scrambled), croissant, jam, sausages, bacon, various filled buns.
All at a wonderful location in Cullen Bay. If you are more than 4, I recommend to book.

Yokohama, Japan
“Great Food, Great View”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 20, 2014

Ordered spring rolls and chili mud crabs which were really yummy tasting. The staff were very polite and pleasing. The alfresco part has an excellent view of the marina that boasts of very expensive boats/yachts. Great ambiance!

• Visited June 2014