“Noisy”

Ranked #11 of 36 Hotels in Darwin
Perth, Australia
“Noisy”
Reviewed June 6, 2014

First I would like to say the staff are great. The Buffet at dinner time is very ordinary, breakfast is ok, the big turn off is people in work clothes being Hi Vis clothing. The hotel seems to cater more for the workers than the holiday makers. It is a very noisy hotel with passage way noise and the sound of running water and toilets flushing. If you are going on holidays give it a miss. Also my dirty bathroom towels and face flannel were hung back up, I did complain about it to 2 different people at reception. I don't know what came of it as I was leaving that day. Look elsewhere.

Room Tip: Don't go there.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
2 Thank simon w

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (87)
  • Greek first
  • Indonesian first
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed May 29, 2014

Is close to everything, clean and modern. I stayed here for one night on way to Kakadu and didn't have any issues. I think a little clearer instructions on how to get to carpark including where to park once inside to access Hotel would be helpful.

Room Tip: I was near the lift but the noise wasn't too bad.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled solo
Dear Leigh,

Thank you for taking the time to review this property. I’m pleased that you enjoyed your stay. Darwin is a great stop over before or after discovering the beautiful National Parks surrounding the Top End.

I hope that you will be able to come and stay a little longer next time so you will have the opportunity to really relax.

Kind regards

Fabrice Grau
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed May 22, 2014

We only stayed for a few hours to get some sleep before catching a plane and this hotel could not have been better. Very modern with some great amenities. It was obvious there was some sort of mix up with our booking and we were put in the disabled room which was of no consequence especially since we had an enormous shower and bathroom. Ordered dinner to our room and it was delicious, and great carpark. Apart from a split system air conditioner that had not been installed properly and was dripping water into the rubbish bin placed below we could not fault this place in any other way. No hesitation in recommending H Hotel.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank remnrm
Dear Remnm,

It was great reading your review and to receive feedback about this hotels of a seasoned traveller. I’m glad that the location and facilities of the hotel and overall ambience of Darwin even if your stay was quite short. The location of the hotel is such that the esplanade, Water Front, the shops and of course the variety of restaurants & Bars are all within easy walking distance.
As all brand new Property we are still fine tuningour mechanical system in order to respond to the season changes and I am pleased to say that the all A/C unit have been serviced and are in perfect work order.
I am proud that the cleanliness and your In Room Dinning experience is of the highest standard and that our team here are genuine, caring and professionals which is one of the reasons we do have a high level of return guests.
Should your travels bring you back up to Darwin, I would love to have the opportunity to welcome you back.

Thank you once again for your review and I trust you have had a safe journey home.
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed May 8, 2014 via mobile

Well worth staying, staff were excellent and very helpful. Situated on the main Street it is in walking distance to everything. Only a few small gripes; upstairs plumbing can be heard gurgling every time it is used, the gym opens rather late?? Why??? The kettle has to be filled in the shower and the biggest shock; no free ( or even limited) WiFi, which is available in venues throughout the third world. All said I would still return and recommend the 'H'.

Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
3 Thank FalconerIV
LISAROW
Reviewed May 7, 2014

My wife an I booked on a Territory Discoveries package holiday and were booked it to the H Hotel for 2 nights one on arrival in Darwin and one prior to departure.

We were booked in there as a late substitute for the hotel in the package as offered being already fully booked.

The hotel is situated in Smith Street which is one of Darwin's main streets. It is modern development and shares the locality with a set of apartments.

Rooms were of a high standard of appointment, large, bright and containing large comfortable beds.

The room allocated to us on the first night 605 faced north- east or side of the building and was exposed to sun, It was configured in such away that placed the television and air condition unit so they faced the end of the bed. At night, bright lights on the units plus what would appear to be smoke detector's constant flashing where distracting making it hard to fall asleep needing them to be covered to provide relief. However on our outward journey the room allocated to us 614 faced south and overlook Smith Street had a different floor plan which placed the previous light problems to the side of the bed.

On the morning, after the first stay, we had breakfast in the dining room which was buffet style whilst there was a good variety we believed the quality may not have met the price charged.

All up the "pros" outnumbered the "cons" and we had an enjoyable stay.

Room Tip: Due to variation in floor plans I think look for rooms with numbers above 12 would allow for a bette...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Garth M
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed May 5, 2014

I stayed here twice recently - once when we had just landed in Darwin from Sydney - and for another two nights before flying home. It was centrally located, meaning we could walk to the city, yet far enough away from the madness to avoid any late night noise. I was very pleasantly surprised by how lovely and spacious the room was, and how comfy the bed was. The pool was lovely too and a nice place to relax after a hectic few days on the road. I would definitely stay again if I was in Darwin.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Trish O
Dear Trish O

I’m glad that your stay here was an enjoyable one and that you were able to take full advantage of our wonderful pool and our room facilities. I agree that the hotel is ideal located in the CBD which provide easy access to all activity Darwin has to offer without the inconvenience of it.
I hope you will have an opportunity to return sometime soon.

Warm regards

Fabrice Grau
Melbourne
Reviewed May 4, 2014

Due to the lack of time, I have booked this hotel while in a transit taxi @ Alice Springs, just before the flight to Darwin, on the same day when I needed it, without the usual research - and what a pleasant surprise it was! The hotel seemed relatively new, everything was very clean and I liked the room's design. The fridge was well stocked and the prices were acceptable for all products. Great customer service, too!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Ramona M
Dear Yahix

Thank you for your review and for reflecting on what made your stay here special. The staff here constantly go out of their way to connect with our guests in a warm, friendly and positive way and I will certainly share your feedback with all of them. Coming from someone as well travelled as yourself, we appreciate your recommendation and look forward to welcoming you back in the not too distant future.

Regards