“Great place, great food”
Review of Pavonia Place - CLOSED

Pavonia Place
Cuisines: Australian
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Pavonia Place is a cosy Restaurant located in the heart of Darwin's seaside suburb of Nightcliff. Specialising in modern Australian cuisine with a focus on fresh food and local produce, Pavonia Place prides itself on catering to Gluten free and vego requirements and in utilising the freshest possible ingredients and Australian only seafood. Pavonia Place welcome children of all ages and cater to groups both large and small.
Reviewed August 16, 2014

Just a sensational little place with some great food and very nice and helpful staff. We had a nice little romantic dinner and even though the place was full the staff had us waiting for nothing and were always prompt once we ordered anything. Friendly smiles and staff who let their own personality shine always make the experience better in our opinion. The food looked great and ours was tasty and different, just what we wanted. Looking at all the other meals arriving at other tables, we could have not gone wrong with anything on the menu. We will return to this place no problems at all.

2  Thank Brett M

Reviewed August 14, 2014 via mobile

Went for a quiet family meal and was seated next to a family that had very rowdy kids.... Good thing they left almost as soon as we got there. Had the family stayed this review may not have been so positive.

Great food, although very complex by description.....not a bad thing. Just saying. Great atmosphere once the noisy kids left.

Will certainly be back.

Reviewed August 8, 2014

Have heard mixed reviews from others I have talked to regarding this restaurant. From my experience I found this modest restaurant to have very good food and service. No it doesn't have the outlook / views that can be found at other restaurants in Darwin but it does have a good feel. My partner and I did enjoy our dinner at Pavonia Place and felt that it was good value and would return.

3  Thank FussyTraveller814
Reviewed August 6, 2014

I have eaten here twice this year. The service was pretty good. It's a bit noisy but so are a lot of places now. The food was fairly good but I have eaten better in Darwin for a similar price. There seemed to be an excessive amount of rocket in so many dishes ordered by all my group on both visits - garnish, salads, mains, everywhere. There are other green leafy vegetables in the world.

1  Thank PIJAdarwin
Reviewed July 31, 2014

Service was spot on and the food was good but as a local I must say if I'm going to pay as much as Piwis and Char, I would expect water/sunset views, perfectly fitted out premises and the best food in Darwin which Pavonia just doesn't have. We went for an anniversary dinner and walking from the inside to the outside dining area through that corridor, I did not feel we were at a premier dining establishment where a nearly $40 main was justified. At 20% lower cost it would get 5 stars and would be a regular haunt but it just not in the same league as other resaurants at those prices.

2  Thank LocalLad_13