“Amazing meal and music under the stars”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Pavonia Place - CLOSED

Pavonia Place
Cuisines: Australian, Mediterranean
Good for: Romantic, Large groups, Kids, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Pavonia Place is a cosy Restaurant located in the heart of Darwin's seaside suburb of Nightcliff. Specialising in modern Australian cuisine with a focus on fresh food and local produce, Pavonia Place prides itself on catering to Gluten free and vego requirements and in utilising the freshest possible ingredients and Australian only seafood. Pavonia Place welcome children of all ages and cater to groups both large and small.
Darwin, Australia
“Amazing meal and music under the stars”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 1, 2013

Wow, my family, friends and I went to Pavonia Place last night to hear the amazing Leah Flanagan and co play some of her original music. We sat in the new Al fresco area and had a selection of snacks. Snacks doesn't really justify how good it was. The Crispy Pork Belly bits (to die for), Soft Shell Crab (we were fighting over the scraps), Oysters (perfect), Chilli Spiced Loligo (such tender squid) and a selection of Bento Boxes (great if you can't make your mind up) were hands down delicious. Not only was the food fabulous the service is top notch. Some of us were not sure what we wanted to drink in the way of a cocktails and wine and the staff bent over backwards to make sure we got the right drink.
Thank you to all of the wonderful staff at Pavonia Place for yet another fabulous night and for the serenade by Leah Flanagan and the boys. Oh I forgot to mention that we had my 8 month old daughter with us and the high chair was great with the three point safety harness. Thank you for looking after us.

1 Thank BiancaBlohm

Darwin, Australia
“WOW”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 23, 2013

Wow.... the service was professional. I have worked in Hospitality for the previous 20 years and I was impressed. This team knows how to deliver.
Great greeting, professional service (serve to right, remove from left, maybe these days they've changed the angle), food was absolutely delicious!
Didnt have to ask for a thing, the staff were there.
Price was the same as every other restaurant in Darwin but the exquisiteness was second to none. Tucked in a suburban village with so much to offer when you open the door! Wow!
We had for entree, squid, potato & ricotta croquettes....... awesome! Main course we chose....,
Pork Belly and the King Fish 'on special'...WOW
Great atmosphere, great seating, good lighting, even had a 'smokers' table outside and the staff were professional and on the ball.
they even had pencils/pens/crayons on the table to draw with, which I thought was entertaining.
I will go there again and again because they made us feel special! We left licking our lips! Well done!!

Newcastle, Australia
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“An adventure into Flavour”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 6, 2013

I ate on a Tuesday night and upon arrival, it was very busy which is always a good sign, especially on the day after the Darwin Cup.

I ordered the crocodile which is like a house-made prosciutto with tasty dipping sauce. I also managed to taste the garlic cob (also hand made in house) with delicious balsamic, dukka and creamy fetta.

The main blew me away. I was a bit picky with how I like my steak cooked so after ordering the eye fillet, the wait staff were more than happy to accommodate my taste needs.

The 400g eye fillet was served with creamy mash and greens that were so fresh.

The touch that blew my mind was the sauce. It was served with a pepper sauce but the restaurant adds its 'special ingredient' which is a local ingredient and the flavour was absolutely devine.

Worried I couldn't fit much more in, I went with house made tiramisu. Perfect coffee flavours and the cream was as light as a cloud.

The wine selection was great for
an NT restaurant. I managed to score a delicious Shiraz which went well with the steak.

I'd highly recommend a visit to this place.

Sutton Coldfield
“Very good food - stinging expense!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 2, 2013

Extremely welcoming, friendly and helpful staff. An interesting menu with good variety. The beef carpaccio starter was stunning. Pleasant and laid back atmosphere. All in all, a pleasant experience. After a couple of weeks in Darwin I'm becoming quite accustomed to how expensive things are (even with a decent £ to AUD exchange rate) but this seemed particularly on the steep side. Good job that everything was so good!

“Good quality food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 31, 2013 via mobile

Went for dinner last weekend, booked at short notice! The staff were very accommodating. Food reasonably priced and good quality. Very nice relaxed atmosphere. We will definitely be back!

• Visited July 2013