“Someone has to say it”
Review of Pavonia Place - CLOSED

Pavonia Place
Cuisines: Australian, Mediterranean
Good for: Large groups, Romantic, Families with children, Kids, Special occasions, Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Pavonia Place is a cosy Restaurant located in the heart of Darwin's seaside suburb of Nightcliff. Specialising in modern Australian cuisine with a focus on fresh food and local produce, Pavonia Place prides itself on catering to Gluten free and vego requirements and in utilising the freshest possible ingredients and Australian only seafood. Pavonia Place welcome children of all ages and cater to groups both large and small.
Darwin, Australia
“Someone has to say it”
Reviewed March 17, 2013

Obviously this establishment is running on a novelty.... Sorry to say it guys but this place has the new kid on the block identity working to it's full advantage, and that's it! Pretentious, over enthusiastic service, almost condescending, with every comment in response to our opinion being pre contrived and fake to the point of a patronizing remark! People aren't stupid!. This matched by average food served on brand new decor...... We will wait and see....... Sorry to say guys but hype does not forgive over cooked meats, mushy vegetables and ostentatiously displayed, dry pavlova.....Good luck.... Sorry to be the grinch but we left 100 dollars down and it aint nice..

Visited March 2013
4 Thank chrisg364
Renee F, Owner at Pavonia Place, responded to this review, March 18, 2013
Hi chrisg364, firstly thank you for taking the time to post a review on tripadvisor for us, we really do appreciate it, and secondly, thank you very much for your honest feedback. We welcome feedback both good and bad as of course its the only real way to know how our customers truly feel about their dining experience with us. Naturally we are gutted to have received such a negative response from you and would jump at the chance to have you back in to give us a chance to earn a more favourable review!. It is really really important for us to take feedback like this and use it as an opportunity to make improvements where necessary and in this regard would very much appreciate an email from you specifying the issues you have raised. We'd love it if you could please clarify some of the comments made by our waitstaff that made you feel they were being condescending and patronizing so we can address our service techniques with them, and would also really love to know which dishes you ordered so we can pinpoint what went wrong with the meals. Please email us at info@pavoniaplace.com.au so we can further address your disappointing dining experience with us and attempt to make amends. Thank you again and Kindest Regards from Renee, Isaac and all the team at Pavonia Place.

Darwin
“Recently commenced; getting better daily”
Reviewed March 17, 2013

This is a very pleasant cafe-style restaurant. The menu is not big, but the items our party had were excellent. They are very happy to accommodate diners with special dietary needs, and the wait staff are friendly and efficient. I would happily return again and again. I note one reviewer didn't like it, but it's hard to see why. The proprietor said they have plans for an open area dining area at the rear, which looks to be a good idea. Parking is readily available most nights. Recommended.

• Visited March 2013
1 Thank p9c
Renee F, Owner at Pavonia Place, responded to this review, April 3, 2013
Hi 'p9c', a big appreciative thank you for your review! We particularly like your comment in the title of your review 'getting better daily' as we indeed focus on fine tuning and improving every aspect of what we do here at Pavonia Place on a daily basis!. Plans for the alfresco area out back are coming along nicely and we hope to have it open in time for the dry, well, beginning of June at the very latest all going to plan!. Thanks again for your positive feedback and we look forward to having you dine with us again in the near future! Cheers from Renee, Isaac and all the team at Pavonia Place!
“Supercalifragilisticexpialidous”
Reviewed March 16, 2013

Pavonia Place is just fantastic for a casual dinner out with family or friends. With the added bonus of paper and pencils on your table to entertain the little ones, you can enjoy a night out without the stress of keeping your kids in line while you wait for meals. Truly supercalifragilisticexpialidosious ( quoting Mary Popins) to sum it all up. :)

Renee F, Owner at Pavonia Place, responded to this review, April 3, 2013
Well '5ofu' that is well and truly the best title of any review we have received to date!. Thank you so much! We do love the table paper and pencils and are so glad our valued customers such as yourselves agree that it is a fun idea!. If you're on Facebook and 'Like' our page you can have a look at all the table paper art we have taken photos of so far! , who knows, some of yours may be on there?!. Well, to sign off I will do as you have done and quote Mary Poppins, "don't you know that everybody's got a Fairyland of their own?", we certainly think we've created our own little Fairyland here at Pavonia Place and look forward to having you all come visit us once again in the near future! Cheers and a Big Spoon Full of Sugar from Isaac, Renee and all the team at Pavonia Place! :-)
Australia
“Darwin's new restaurant- simply the best”
Reviewed March 15, 2013 via mobile

Wow. My husband and I loved the food and the service was excellent.

I will tell all my friends to come here, leaves most other darwin establishments in the dust behind them.

Service is exceptional, prompt, polite, professional.

Food arrives well presented. hot, and tastes great. Good choices on menu.

Best kept secret in Darwin, but not for long.

. We will be back.

Darwin, Australia
“Vego Parma - soooo, good!”
Reviewed March 10, 2013

This was my third visit to this hidden gem, but my first time dining on their dinner menu.

We started off with the dips and it wet our appetite for more!

Hubby had the night’s special, being the Pork Belly and loved it, he only wished for more of the yummy, sticky sauce. I had the vego parma and it was, soooo good!

I’m a chocoholic and jumped at the chocolate pudding on the desserts menu. It wasn’t as rich as I personally like, so next time I will be trying the pavlova! It looked bloody huge!

The food came out very quickly and the love that’s put into each dish is clear for all to see on the plate. The chef obviously loves what he does and I must admit, I like how he comes out to make sure everyone is happy with their meals (when where you last at a restaurant and the chef cared enough to do that?), even though I go all shy and blush like a school girl when he does. Yes, I’m a tragic!

I ordered the jug of Long Island Ice Tea, as it only comes by the jug – but hey, I’m not complaining! – while we were well looked after by the team of waitresses.

This little place has a very relaxed and friendly feel and you are welcomed like a member of the family as soon as you walk in the door. If I didn’t live so far out from town, I reckon I would be there most nights.

• Visited March 2013
Renee F, Owner at Pavonia Place, responded to this review, April 3, 2013
Hi Tegan C!. I thought I had posted a response to your gorgeous review ages ago and have only just realised it didn't go through, sorry!. We want you to know we really appreciate your repeat patronage and that you take the time to review us on sites such as Trip Advisor (we are also listed on 'UrbanSpoon' and have a facebook page, which I believe you are already a fan of :-)) I think some of your gorgeous table paper art may have even made it in to one of our table paper art photo albums?!. Well thanks again for your lovely, well written and witty review and constructive feedback and we look forward to the next time you can make it in from 'down the track' to dine with us! Cheers & Beers from all the team at Pavonia Place :-)