“Fantastic, great ambience, and very creative ideas!”
Review of Pavonia Place - CLOSED

Pavonia Place
Cuisines: Australian
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Pavonia Place is a cosy Restaurant located in the heart of Darwin's seaside suburb of Nightcliff. Specialising in modern Australian cuisine with a focus on fresh food and local produce, Pavonia Place prides itself on catering to Gluten free and vego requirements and in utilising the freshest possible ingredients and Australian only seafood. Pavonia Place welcome children of all ages and cater to groups both large and small.
Reviewed February 5, 2013

Food - fresh, perfectly cooked with a touch of individuality
Atmosphere - relaxed, plus where else do you get to draw on the table cloth? Loved it.
Staff - professional, yet above all friendly.
This place is going to be our favourite haunt....

1  Thank CrannaDarwin
Renee F, Owner at Pavonia Place, responded to this reviewResponded February 14, 2013

Hi CrannaDarwin! Thank you very much for your review! It's really nice being acknowledged for our friendly service, it's really important to us that our customers feel welcome and well looked after!, fantastic also that you like the table paper, if you haven't already, we'd love for you to go and 'Like' our Facebook page where, as well as being kept updated on Pavonia Place events and goings ons, you'll be able to check out pics of all the fabulous table paper art our customers leave us with!, including maybe some of your own?! Cheers from Renee, Isaac, Stephanie and all the team at Pavonia Place

Reviewed February 3, 2013

Restaurant Recommendation
Pavonia Place has opened in Nightcliff in the location where Café Kashmir was. It is around the back of the Nightcliff shops where the markets are.

I don’t do this often but I am writing this review because I was so impressed by the service, staff and quality of food.

I phoned ahead to make a booking and when we arrived our table was set and ready. Issac the barman (he is also part owner ) made us a killer margarita and Singapore Sling. I LOVE a good margarita and normally have to educate the barman on fresh limes please (not lime juice etc) but Issac was on the mark.

Our waitress (Blondie) was very attentive. She recommended a white wine then happily suggested that we taste before we buy. Blondie was spot on with her recommendation. Her service was faultless.

We shared a starter which of the Field Mushroom and the only disappointment was that I had to share it. Main course was a stunning barramundi dish and tempura prawns. I am SUPER fussy with my seafood but the barra and prawns were local, fresh and cooked beautifully.

We shared a dessert of Lemongrass Panacotta which was mouth watering. Although we had elegant sufficiency we HAD to try the Pav Stack. My goodness. This is a must try when you visit Pavonia Place.

Renee (part owner) was on the floor working her magic making sure that everyone was made to feel right at home, and we did.

The venue has a lovely vibe about it and I am looking forward to sharing this great little place with others. They are also open on Saturdays for breakfast!!

2  Thank EmmaReel
Renee F, Owner at Pavonia Place, responded to this reviewResponded February 3, 2013

Miss Emma it was a pleasure and a delight to serve you and your lovely man! We are all so glad you enjoyed your dining experience with us and very much look forward to having you dine with us again. Thank you so much for checking us out and for the wonderful review, till next time, cheers and beers! from Renee, Steph, Isaac and all the team at Pavonia Place!

Reviewed February 2, 2013

This is a new restaurant in the Northern Suburbs - just what's needed. Our review is somewhat coloured by the fact that our babysitter did not show and we had to take our six year old along with us. What was supposed to be a date for mum and dad, turned out to be a family meal. However, when we rang to explain that we would be three and not two, the restaurant could not have been more helpful. The service overall was sensational and we were waited in by at least two wait staff who made sure we were ok. The food is also exceptional. The pork belly was to die for. The only issue I have is that this is a la carte food in an up market cafe environment. As such, you feel that you are paying slightly over the odds for the food, which if served in a more up market environment would have been fine. This thought may have been coloured by the fact that we had our six year old with us and if we had the date we expected the price would have been more acceptable.

One nice feature are the paper table clothes, which they encourage you to express your artistic side with coloured pencils. Great entertainment. Playing noughts and crosses in a restaurant is great fun.

We will return, but without Mr six year old to enjoy the great food and service.

Hi Jon and Tracy Baker, thank you so much for taking the time to post a review for us on Trip Advisor. We are so glad you decided to come along regardless of the babysitter issues! We consider ourselves a family friendly restaurant so junior is always welcome! Having said that we very much look forward to having the opportunity for the two of you to return and enjoy the romantic dinner for two originally planned! Thanks again and see you soon, from Renee, Stephanie, Isaac and all the team at Pavonia Place

Reviewed February 1, 2013

I believe I’m a simple person. I crave good food and a relaxed and friendly atmosphere to eat it in. I didn’t think I was asking too much in those (what I assumed to be simple things) but in my recent travels to find a nice breakfast haunt in Darwin, I soon found I had set myself a challenge. But that challenge is not over! I’ve found Pavonia Place!

I arrived to be greeted by a wonderful hostess and chef as he took his morning coffee. I had arrived at 8am for breakfast and I think they had only just opened, as I was the only patron. They were very friendly and attentive and instantly I felt welcome. As a solo dinner, I selected a seat in the far corner, under a very nice painting. I was instantly offered a copy of the paper to read and ordered an ice coffee. The ice coffee soon arrived and it was not your standard ice coffee with whipped cream or ice-cream, but GOD! It was tasty! I ordered another after I finished it. It was icy cold and served in a short cocktail glass. It looked great and was the best ice coffee I’d had in a long time. A real winner there.

For breakfast, I ordered the ‘Vego Version’, not that I am a vegetarian, but it sounded nice so I thought, why not? I also asked for some Hollandaise sauce on the side and they happily obliged. When it arrived, I was very glad I’d picked it. It was a huge plateful of food for only $15 and everything was cooked wonderfully! I ate almost all of it, the few scraps left over simply because I couldn’t fit another bit in!

The chef came over to make sure I was happy with the food and in truth, I felt as if I was there as a friend and not as a patron. The girls were also lovely and while the music may not appeal to everyone (a soft bohemian mix of rhythms) I found it was charming. The restaurant is decked out with local (I assume) artists and it has a rustic charm that suited the food perfectly.

Finding little places as good as this gem are rare – very rare. Defiantly give it a go and I doubt you will be disappointed. I will be going back soon to sample their lunch and dinner!

1  Thank Tegan C

Tegan C we would like to thank you for joining us for breakfast on Saturday morning, it was an absolute pleasure to have you dine with us and we are delighted that you are delighted!. Thank you also for the gorgeous table paper note you left us :-). Thank you for taking the time to write such a glowing review for us on Trip Advisor, we look forward to the next time you get the opportunity to pop out our way! Cheers from Renee, Steph, Isaac and all the team at Pavonia Place

Reviewed January 25, 2013

Had dinner there last night, lovely and comfortable little resturant in the burbs. Our entrees were delicious, the calamari was lovely as was the aoili and others that had the oysters suggested the sour cream be put on the side but equally lovely and fresh. I had the king prawns as a main and they were very fresh (and local not imported crap) and the Wasabi mayonaisse was to DIE for. Everyone else loved their meals (a chicken parmy and the red snapper) and I had a panacotta for dessert. My only crtiticism there should have been more, simply beautiful. Very nice little restuarant buried in the burbs for locals, patronised by locals, worked in by locals AND all local food which for me is a plus. Well done, food is really awesome and the service is above reproach. Definately will be coming back.

1  Thank Megan B

Well Miss Megan B, what can we say. It was a pleasure and a delight to have you and your crew join us for dinner. How fantastic to have such a fun group dine in and enjoy our restaurant AND then top it off by posting such a wonderful review. We can't emphasize enough that we are here to provide Darwinites with a dining option that is consistently great, with a focus on friendly & efficient service and simple, fresh, fabulous food!. Thanks again for your delightful comments and we very much look forward to having you dine with us again in the near future! Cheers & Beers (Pure Blonde's of course!), from Renee, Isaac, Stephanie and all the team at Pavonia Place!