“Best Greek salad EVER!”

Cuisines: Australian
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed September 5, 2013 via mobile

Great pub style food. Nice outlook from deck. Excellent Greek salad with a twist. Beer battered fish was awesome. Friendly service. Certainly recommend for a pub lunch.

1  Thank lenaniminee

Reviewed August 23, 2013

I have been to The Precint a couple of times for drinks since it opened. I had heard that the menu was pretty good, especially the lamb shanks (Darwin Foodies). So, I ordered the lamb shanks and my fella ordered the crumbed chicken. The shanks were so overcooked they were hard and burnt. I'm not exactly sure what I was expecting of the chicken but it wasn't a blackened schnitzel! Bloody terrible dinner! At those prices for pub grub I wasn't expecting to leave hungry but the lamb was inedible. The service was decent and when I tracked down someone to tell about my substandard experience I was referred to this site which I think is very professional.

The Precinct T, Public Relations Manager at The Precinct Tavern, responded to this reviewResponded December 15, 2014

Hi, I’m extremely sorry for the delayed response and would like to apologise for your experience on behalf of The Precinct Tavern, managers and staff. We have recently appointed a new management team, including a new head chef; and we have just released a new menu. The Precinct would love to invite you back and are delighted to award a special deal should you wish to try our new menu. For further details please contact the general manager, within a week.

Reviewed August 22, 2013 via mobile

I have been here numerous times. Not my choice and appears to be getting worse. Can't always blame staff for been useless. The management should be providing adequate training.

Hi, I’m extremely sorry for the delayed response and would like to apologise for your poor experiences on behalf of The Precinct Tavern, managers and staff. We have recently appointed a new management team to revamp the venue and improve our customer service. We would love to invite you back to try our new menu and should you accept our offer, we will be delighted to award a special deal. For further details please contact the general manager, within a week.

Reviewed August 18, 2013 via mobile

Went there for dinner, decided to give these guys a second chance after a really poor meal here previously. Shouldn't have bothered.

No table service at all, even though we were in the restaurant area we had to go up to order our meals at the bar, with other staff just standing around or cleaning glasses etc.

I had the chicken breast which was dry and burnt in places, and the chips were cold. After out meal we waited at least an hour before leaving, and our plates were never cleared.

Plenty of other places nearby for better value. Ok pub for a drink but two bad meal experiences means this Darwin local will not be back.

Hi, I’m extremely sorry for the delayed response and would like to apologise for your experience on behalf of The Precinct Tavern, managers and staff. We have recently appointed a new management team to revamp the venue and improve our customer service. We would love to invite you back to try our new menu and should you accept our offer, we will be delighted to award a special deal. For further details please contact the general manager, within a week.

Reviewed August 17, 2013

Good range of beers and wines but the food not so good. Went for a late lunch and ordered a pizza and a Greek salad.
The pizza order was wrong and the pizza itself was undercooked and very, very oily. Couldn't lift it off the plate. Chorizo and salami topped with what we thought was a cheddar cheese?
The Greek salad was interesting, carrot, purple cabbage, lemon rind, tat soy and everything else that was in the kitchen.
Pricing was on the expensive side. Service was confusing with a restaurant side and a bar side. The only positive was that the drinks were cold.
Go elsewhere there as there are plenty of good alternatives nearby.