“A lot of hype”

Cove
Ranked #68 of 394 Restaurants in Darwin
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Cove has a contemporary menu to provide an excpetional steakhouse experience to the Northern Territory. We can't wait for you to try our top quality steaks with premium cuts of meat from Australia’s best purveyors. Oh, and did we mention our ribs? Our ribs are to die for!
Reviewed November 22, 2013 via mobile

Food was good however portion sizes could have been bigger for the price. Took time from when we ordered drinks to actually get them. There was a waitress that kept coming up every 5 minutes to see if everything was ok with our meals, interupting conversation and would wait until we put food in our mouths to ask which was quite annoying but other than that it was a nice restaurant

Reviewed November 3, 2013

We had another enjoyable night at Cove last night. As I only eat seafood and vegetarian meals I was quick to try this lovely seafood restaurant when it opened I and I have now been several times, including Sunday Brunch and Lunchtime. Service was good, waitstaff were helpful and pleasant. Food was delicious. I have sampled quite a lot of dishes on the menu - but my recommendation for anyone who is vegetarian is the Pots of Rice & Vegetables which are delicious and served in three individual ceramic pots, this makes the presentation a little bit more interesting.
My only complaint each time is the lack of tablecloths or coasters - condensation from the drinks pools on the table which is really unpleasant. The cost of the drinks last night also seemed excessive.

Reviewed November 2, 2013

Went to this restaurant for the second time after big impression on first visit. While I have no quips with the food, this place really needs to lift it's game with the service. I had a group of nine people for lunch on a fairly quite Sunday and after ordering entree, three of the four floor staff disappeared - for about 45 minutes. We waited approx 30 mins for a bottle of wine after two from my table tried to chase the lone waiter down. The three girls eventually returned and they told us they all went on a lunch break. The cocktail bar outside must have the slowest bar staff anywhere, and when I asked for a cosmopolitan, was told they didn't make them. My table spent over $800 at lunch, and probably another $200 at the bar. It is not hard to provide service, or coordinate it, and when people pay good money, they expect things to be top notch which I'm sorry to say this place is not.

2  Thank Deanten
Reviewed October 29, 2013 via mobile

The restaurant is in a lovely setting by the lagoon bordering the accommodation and the interior is fine without being outstanding or unique. Where the Cove succeeds is in the quality of the food. Essentially it was great and all of my guests were very impressed with the taste and presentation. The thing that lets the restaurant down is the service. It was a relatively quiet Monday night and there were sufficient numbers of staff about but they preferred to stay far away from the table so they were never there to top up a glass of wine, remove a finished plate or attend to requests. At one stage when I got up to get the wine bottle from the ice bucket to top up some glasses, the waiter rushed over with an expression of indignation that I was doing something that he was meant to.....I just wished he did !

Overall it is worth going to the Cove but they will need to lift their service levels

Reviewed October 5, 2013 via mobile

We are regular casino patrons, and we like to try new restaurants. We are also seafood lovers, hence we decided to eat at The Cove. The platter for 2 was not a good selection and what was on it was not cooked well. The service was ok but really overpriced and we left hungry after paying about $250 for 2 people with no alcohol. We do not recommend this place at all if you expect good food and value for money.