“Great experience”

HeliFish - Day Tours
More attraction details
Owner description: Helifish specialises in helicopter fishing tours to remote areas of the NT and targets the iconic Barramundi. Our tours are so much more than just a fishing trip with your Helicopter flight taking you over and to some of the best landscapes in the NT and you will see a huge variety of wildlife. We offer a range of sight seeing tours as well to iconic locations like Litchfield National Park and Kakadu
Robe, South Australia, Australia
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Great experience”
Reviewed September 12, 2013

I was fortunate to join a couple for a fishing trip and was rewarded with my first barra over a meter. Ryan our guide and pilot is a keen fisho and put me in the right spot . Have to say thanks and hopefully I will be back in the run-off.....
If your in the top-end and have the chance to do this...Its well worth it .......
Thanks Mark and Ryan

Visited September 2013
Mark R, Owner at HeliFish - Day Tours, responded to this review, September 18, 2013
Thanks for taking the time and writing a review Craig.
I'm glad we finally got you out on a tour with us. It is often tricky teaming a single traveller up with another group but we persevered and made it happen. Further you caught a Barra of a lifetime. We do look forward to seeing you in the Run-off if you can find the time.

Darwin, Australia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Well worth it”
Reviewed July 22, 2013

Had a great day. Our pilots were we some and knew heaps about the top end. Would recommend to anyone looking for a great day of fishing!!!

Visited October 2012
Thanks for your review Douglas. It is great that you enjoyed your days fishing with us and I hope we get to entertain you again sometime.
Gold Coast, Australia
“Sublime Experience”
Reviewed July 10, 2013

I recently visited Darwin and was fortunate enough to undertake a Litchfield Park day trip that also incorporated a city sights flight. What a truly memorable way to spend a day in the Top End. Our pilot Mark was thoroughly entertaining and more than happy to share his comprehensive local knowledge. Imagine the thrill of landing at the top of your very own private waterfall, picnicking and swimming in the waterhole - truly sublime!!! Totally professional yet extremely relaxed this was a wonderfully unique Territorian experience. I cannot recommend this product highly enough. Well done!!
Jenni Wight

Visited June 2013
Hi Jenni,
Thank you for your kind comments. Our Litchfield waterfall tours are starting to become popular as word spreads. It is a great place for a cool dip or a picnic lunch. Glad you enjoyed it
Mark.
Palmerston, Australia
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Awesome Experience”
Reviewed June 18, 2013

Recently my father Henry and his mate Ken visited our family in Darwin. I have recently returned from work overseas and wanted to take my father and my sons on a fishing trip they would not forget in a hurry.
The entire day was awesome from start to finish. The trip down to the fishing spot was amazing and very interesting, especially for my father and sons who have never flown before. The views and scenery were spectacular all day and both our pilots, Mark and Ryan did an awesome job of showing us the amazing sights that coast line has to offer.
Everyone in our party caught a number of barramundi and had an awesome time. I am extremely greatful to both Mark and Ryan for a great day out - I would recommend this trip to anyone who love fishing and wants to get an opportunity to see some of the beautiful coast line that the NT has to offer with some great fishing thrown in as a bonus. Both the guides were very professional and we didnt want for anything throughout the day. The equipment we used was fist class.
Shane

Visited June 2013
Thanks for your review Shane. Our tours for larger groups and family's are always fun when we go in multiple helicopters. It was great every one managed one or more Barra for the day and had a memorable day out. We really enjoyed your company again and look forward to seeing you in the Run-off
Melbourne, Australia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“FANTASTIC day out!!”
Reviewed June 13, 2013

After a less than satisfactory fishing experience at Labelle Downs, a few of my colleagues and I squeezed a day trip in with Helifish before heading back to Melbourne. What a way to see this part of the country - by helicopter. I highly recommend a day out with this company. You will have the time of you life catching great fish, seeing the Top End by air and having a local, knowledgable, pilot to host your day. 5 stars!

Visited November 2012
Mark R, Owner at HeliFish - Day Tours, responded to this review, June 21, 2013
Thank you for your review of our tour. We are pleased we got to tick all your boxes and you enjoyed the trip. We look forward to seeing you again in the future when next you visit the Top End.
Mark Rolle