Frogshollow
$136
$124
Hilton
  • Restaurant
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Darwin(Darwin)(Great Value!)
$145
$142
Doubletree
  • Pool
Darwin Central Hotel(Darwin)(Great Value!)
$131
Agoda.com
$160
$146
$137
Quality Hotel Darwin Airport(Darwin)(Great Value!)
$99
$151
$119
Travelocity
  • Restaurant
The Leprechaun Resort(Darwin)(Great Value!)
$65
$62
Travelocity
See what travelers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed May 6, 2013

This was the most disgusting place. Filthy and feral. Uncomfortable beds. Dishes piled up in the sink. Rotten food spread all over the whole place. Yuck yuck yuck.
Full of drunken residents. Noisy fights all night. Nothing worked. Fridge in room with no power point. Came away without sleep and feeling unclean. Even after a shower and all for a cost of $80 bucks. Sleeping in a park would have been better.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Anna T
Reviewed January 20, 2013

First night we came here we were greeted by drunk staff, drunk guests and a reception that looked like a prison riot had just occurred. With no bedsheets and with the reception closed as it usually is, we attempted to sleep on the dirty mattresses the first night (hard to do with the music thumping is the backround).
Facilities are filthy with pubic hairs collecting in the showers, people pissing on the floors and poo smeared on the walls. This place is messed up!
The next night at around 9pm someone threw up in the bathroom over a wall, the floor and the sink area. The mess remained overnight while other guests marched the vomit on the floor across the entire bathroom .
On our last day we checked out and left our bags at the reception lock up area (BIG MISTAKE), the reception lady told us she was open from 10 - 2pm and the she would leave a key in the safe for us just in case. We returned at 1pm just to be safe, the reception was closed, we found no key in the safe and in 3 hours we had a plane to catch. We managed to track down one of the elusive staff members getting his drink on in the outdoor area. He told us he "sometimes worked there" and after ten minutes managed to unlock our bags from the reception.
Look story short, find some where else to stay.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
4  Thank RyanBulman
Reviewed November 18, 2012

I booked this hostel because it was the only one with availability at the time.. I stayed for 2 months because I was working nearby, and although the place wasn't terrible, it certainly left a lot to be deisred. The reception is rarely open, the rooms are cramped and unclean, the aircon machines drip like broken fridges, most of the taps in the bathroom were broken, there was only 1 computer in the whole place, and the kitchen was cramped, poorly equipped and closed at 9pm. Not a place I would reccommend

Room Tip: The bigger rooms (10 or more beds) are cleaner and less cluttered.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank WayneKelso
Reviewed September 16, 2012

Although I had read the terrible reviews of this hostel all over the web, I booked at the Frogshollow because of the cheap prices and because in the web page they offer to repay you the price of the shuttle bus from the airport if you stay more than 3 nights with them. That's what I intented to do, but when I asked for the bus ticket, they say they don't do it anymore "althogh they didn't take it off from the page". This is CHEATING. Of course I didn't stay and I am glad, because there are much better options in Darwin.

Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo
3  Thank funkenzwei
Reviewed July 23, 2012

I booked in to this hostel for 6 nights, and after travelling for almost 19 months. . I would, hands down, say this is possibly the worst hostel I have ever stayed in.

I was greeted my a receptionist, mouth full of food (give your staff a break to eat, please! It was not pretty) who when I asked had any rooms, I got the reply 'no' and stared at blankly. Customer service? I think not. I then proceeded to ask when they did have rooms available; I should have never of bothered!!

I came back 2 days later, to be given the 'posh room' as the other guests called it. Posh. . Hahaha. It was gross. I have ants crawling all over my floor from under the door, that has a massive gap between door and ground, baby cockroaches in the sink, a shower, that one morning, didn't bother giving me any water, a fridge full of mould, and a fan that looks like it's not been cleaned for a decade. (also, your cleaners should check behind the tvs/fridges, don't know what you'll find.) also, an Irish guy with bedbugs did not do anything for the rep:)

The night manager one night, decided at ten to ten (cowboy timeeee) to tell me to turn my music down as it was late. (although the signs on the door say 11, I accepted) Yet my music in MY OWN 'POSH ROOM' was only this loud as the music in the hostel was overpowering ours. And also, the previous 2 nights, I had been kept up by the hostels music!

We went out to escape this place, and upon returning, the hostel was as lively as ever, with the night manager sitting with the guests making all the noise.

We paid better money for a 'better room'. . But all in all. . It was gross.
I hope this helps anyone else looking for at least a decent hostel in Darwin. . To stay clear. It's a hole:)

I look forward to your response (hmm hmm, excuse) to this:)

• Stayed: July 2012