“Good Facilities.”
Review of Skycity Darwin

Skycity Darwin
Ranked #14 of 36 Hotels in Darwin
Reviewed May 15, 2013

Paid for 5 star property however this did not feel like a 5 star property.
While the One Bedroom Suite with Ocean Views was very good, it certainly is overpriced.
Property provides good room and hotel facilities and loved the pool. Situated in a nice location too! Very nice for couples to enjoy a getaway or to celebrate a special occasion.

Room Tip: One Bedroom Suite with Ocean Views & Spa bath makes it very romantic
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
JC8001, Manager at Skycity Darwin, responded to this reviewResponded June 13, 2013

Dear StellaArthur T,

I am sorry to hear you didn’t think the existing hotel rooms provided value for money during your recent stay. At SKYCITY Darwin we have a continual commitment to upgrading and refurbishing our facilities so we will be using your feedback to assist us to ensure we provide the best possible accommodation in Darwin.

I am glad you were able to enjoy relaxing in our pools and hope to welcome you back to SKYCITY Darwin in the future.

Reviewed May 10, 2013

This was our first trip to the Casino, we are not huge gamblers so we decided only a small wager was the order of the day. But as we walked around we realised this place was so small, it took us about 20 minutes to visit every gaming table, most of the place was taken up with pokies. What is good is the wine bars and restaurants, sitting outside with a beautifully chilled Sauvignon Blanc, sea breeze well could not ask for more really.
     I suppose we looked a little odd, when we go to Casino's we generally dress up a little, wife had beautiful dress on , high heels and pearls, we looked out of place!! On this trip we are beginning to get the NT message, casual dress code is the norm! We decided to dine at Evoca fine dining restaurant on the third floor , but when we got there waited to be seated no one came to us, so back down to the Italian which is my next review.
   All up don't over dress, limited seating for the tables, great bars and restaurants

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank IslandHopperQLD

Dear IslandHopperQLD,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at SKYCITY Darwin.

I apologise that you were not taken care of at Evoo, and will bring this to the attention of our Food & Beverage Manager.

I am glad you were able to enjoy some relaxing wines on our balconies, our location certainly makes for some spectacular views!

We hope to welcome you back to SKYCITY Darwin in the future.

Reviewed May 7, 2013

Had the hotel advertised itself as having a range of room quality and we'd known that we hadn't booked the 5 star section, I might have given it a 4. The room was a comfortable, clean and reasonably quiet motel style facility, with a lovely view of the bay. But it was basic and showing its age a bit. You need to book the newer and more expensive "Lagoon" rooms to get the 5 star part.

The staff are very friendly and helpful, right through the hotel.

The main pool is excellent, a perfect place to watch the sun set, to get in a few laps or just to relax.

We ate at the chinese restaurant, which was only average.

Dear Warren B,

Thank you for taking the time to review SKYCITY Darwin. I am pleased to hear that you were provided with such great service from our staff and will be sure to pass on your feedback.

We are currently working on an ongoing commitment to upgrading and refurbishing our facilities but I can assure you your comments will be raised.

We hope to be able to welcome you back to SKYCITY Darwin in the future.

Reviewed May 3, 2013

Room was fine, decor a bit brave. Wasn't expecting much and it was actually clean and I had a good nights sleep until the morning the air on was noisy and I woke up assuming it was raining outside. I was only there one night for work, the infinity pool is really nice and I had a swim in the morning, but there were a few towels left lying around from the previous night, and a few empty beer bottles which should have been tidied away, it was shame I couldn't go in the sea because of box jellyfish - it's not safe until June. But the beach the location the gardens and the sunset were fantastic. I had a charmless breakfast in the restaurant above the casino gaming floor (which was very busy the night before), there was another breakfast restaurant and I wish I had tried that. This is the only 5 star hotel in Darwin, but its really only a 3/4 star hotel, catering to a few casino players but also holiday makers whose idea of fun is feeding the slot machines.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
3  Thank Richard J

Dear Richard J,

Thank you for your comments about your recent stay at SKYCITY Darwin. I am pleased to hear you enjoyed our wonderful location and Infinity pool.

I will pass on your remarks about the airconditioning and state of the pool area to our cleaning and maintenance teams to ensure this does not happen again.

We hope to be able to welcome you back to SKYCITY Darwin in the future.

Reviewed April 28, 2013

This is definitely NOT what I would call 5 star hotel..
Rooms ok, bed ok & view not to bad. Other facilities, pool & gym great..

il Piatto - Excellent Service & food !
Dragon Court - Brilliant Service & food fantastic.

Room Service
$26 for a beef burger with a dry bun ! I've had tastier burgers at a fish & chips shop.
Beef pattie was of the Coles type.. very disappointed & annoyed to say the least.
Note left on plate with discontent no response..

Staff Hopeless ..
Booking a tour, concierge (young guy) just hand balled the enquire to someone else who clearly was annoyed with this..

Checkout...
Older guy who obviously did not want to be there did not acknowledge my complaint re: Room service food. I was dumbfounded.. Appalling service.

I would not recommend this hotel..

Check-in 25th - Check-out 28th Room 227.

3  Thank anthony C
JC8001, Manager at Skycity Darwin, responded to this reviewResponded June 10, 2013

Dear Anthony C,

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback about your recent stay at SKYCITY Darwin. I would like to assure you that your comments about poor service will be passed on to the relevant departments to ensure this does not happen again.

I hope to be able to welcome you back to SKYCITY Darwin in the future.

Reviewed April 17, 2013

Ok - so I have stayed in hotels that have better rooms and better service. However, the overall facilities of Sky city tick all of the boxes if you just like to chill out at the resort with a massive lagoon pool (including swim up bar) or at the other side of the hotel is a very nice infinity pool.

The location is good as well. Only a short $10 cab ride into town (or use the free shuttle if you have the time to wait).

If you want ocean views - stay in the older hotel section but request one of the better rooms.

If you prefer being pool side - definately book a room at the new part of the resort (you can jump from your balcony straight into the lagoon pool.

Plenty of dining and drinking options at the resort as well, overall the food we had was pretty good.

I would definately stay again when in Darwin next, as to be fair, there are not a lot of "resort style" options in Darwin.

Room Tip: The new resort section near the lagoon pool are the better rooms. However, if you prefer ocean views...

Dear Mike W,

Thank you for your comments about your recent stay at SKYCITY Darwin. I am glad you enjoyed our great location and facilities as well as the stunning ocean views.

I look forward to welcoming you back to SKYCITY Darwin soon.

Reviewed April 9, 2013

Really enjoyed our stay here, despite it being so close to the casino. we had a one bedroom suite with adjoining deluxe room for us and 2 small children. The suite was large and had kitchenette etc which is awesome with small kids. aircon worked, room was quiet, breakfast pretty average, lagoon pool fantastic, and staff great.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Bevan C

Dear B C,
aking the time to pass on your feedback.

I am very pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay and I look forward to welcoming you and your family back to SKYCITY Darwin soon.