“Fish food”

Darwin Afternoon Sightseeing Tour
Ranked #28 of 120 things to do in Darwin
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Owner description: Visit Aquascene at high tide when hundreds of fish approach the shore to be fed by onlookers.
Melbourne, Australia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Fish food”
Reviewed February 26, 2014

I thought it was great to see all the different types of fish and dip my toes in the water while doing so. It was really relaxing and the staff were great showing us all the other types of fish in the mangrove section too. Good space to chill out, feed the fish and enjoy the views. Great for kids too

Visited February 2014
1 Thank Warfatron

UK
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Worth a look”
Reviewed February 18, 2014

Was excellent experience for kids but a little pricey since we could only stay about 30 minutes with our impatient toddler.

Visited February 2014
Adelaide, Australia
31 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 108 helpful votes
“Terrible. Just terrible.”
Reviewed February 3, 2014

Perhaps this experience may have been improved if we had children because this was truly bad.

For $15 per person, I guess I expected it to be a tad more interesting and for there to be more fish. I was wrong. Hurling bread at a small bunch of fish is not that much fun - maybe for five minutes but after that it was, well, dull.

If you don't have kids, suggest that you take your $15 and go and buy two beers instead. You'll enjoy it far more.

Visited January 2014
3 Thank RafKim
Sydney, Australia
18 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 34 helpful votes
“Well worth it.”
Reviewed January 4, 2014

I come here often with my toddler and both of us love it. I think this one is more of an "Experiencing is believing" attraction. People can tell you all they want about the experience and in your mind you'll probably be like "Fish feeding...how fascinating can it get?" But yes, it can be great once you're there and you can spend a whole two hours just doing that and not getting bored of it. The fish are wild but they're almost like tamed and we just love it when they eat the bread right out of our hands. You can pet the fish as well.
The timings vary every day depending on tide and weather so make sure you check their timetable online.
If you have a small kid, it may help to carry an extra pair of clothes or swimmers.
I'd say it's one of the must visitis in Darwin.

Visited January 2014
1 Thank GlobeJump
Katherine, Australia
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 30 helpful votes
“Great fun with the kids!”
Reviewed December 30, 2013 via mobile

We really enjoyed our visit, the fish and the numbers there are is something to see. Pleasant facilities including their own mangrove enclosure with many species of fish etc. to view fairly well. There was good commentary from a staff member explaining fish species and other wildlife during the session.
I would recommend good sun protection if you visit in the afternoon as it faces roughly to the west and would be very hot during summer. We were lucky and a storm cloud gave us some shade.
The price isn't cheap but we thought it was worth it.

Visited December 2013