“Darwin Central Hotel”

Darwin Central Hotel
Ranked #1 of 35 Hotels in Darwin
Reviewed January 23, 2014

We stayed seven days, the room was always cleaned after 3pm which was inconvenient for us. It should be done mid morning when guests are out of the room.

They offer parking for your vehicle, but at $17 per day, it was expensive for us. We had to constantly feed a parking meter outside.

Location was good.

Front counter service was average.

Next time we will get a room with a kitchenette.

Room Tip: If coming with family, choose a room with kitchen, as the staff don't help you with warming up f...
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Mark L
DCHManager, General Manager at Darwin Central Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 28, 2014

Thank you for your review. Our housekeeping team clean all guest rooms between the hours of 8am to 5pm and we are more than happy to accommodate any requests for a specific cleaning time to suit our guests. We appreciate all feedback so we can monitor our performance and evaluate areas for improvement. Thanks for sharing.

Michelle Davidson

Write a ReviewReviews (2,034)

Reviewed January 22, 2014

Pleasantly surprised, well priced. Friendly staff. Breakfast was like a hidden buffet in the kitchen. But the food was actually good and generous. Rooms were good, bathrooms great and most importantly for Darwin, ohh so air conditioned, thanks! Will stay there next time in Darwin. Great Hotel! Thanks to the staff!

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
2  Thank assassin72

Thanks for taking the time to write a review.

It was good to hear you found all aspects of the hotel meeting your expectations. Thank you for acknowledging our friendly staff and we hope to see you back again soon. Thanks for sharing.

Reviewed January 22, 2014

The central Darwin location was perfect my trip. The staff were very helpful and friendly. The hotel was clean with great air-conditioning. Room was basic with modern amenities. Perfect for a short stay.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
1  Thank steve l

Thank you for your review.

We are pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay and found the hotel's central location, cleanliness and friendly staff, ideal for your stay. Thanks for sharing and we hope to welcome you back in the future.

Reviewed January 18, 2014

I wonder if the owner knows about how much business they lose through the poor customer service and inflexibility of the staff here. Only wanted my eldest child to check in at approx 630pm as we would not be there until 1130pm and I did not want her sitting at the airport all night. At the age of 17, with a cash deposit of $300 and also a copy of my credit card on file she was still unable to check in as she was 3 weeks short of 18; which was their 'hotel policy'. I have since contacted several other hotels in Darwin who were happy to help out. I cancelled my booking and am taking my money somewhere else. I work for a large corporation who come in to Darwin a lot for business as we have a large office there. I am the main travel coordinator and I will definitely be avoiding Darwin Central and sharing my experiences with other companies so they do the same. Ridiculous really seeing as there rooms are pretty good and they are great value for local NT residents.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
6  Thank WestonFam

Thank you for taking the time to write a review.

The hotel takes its operational responsibilities very seriously and to be fully compliant with our operating licences including our Liquor Licence, we can not check in any guests aged 17 or younger, without an adult 18+ years or older present. Our mini-bars in every guest room feature alcoholic beverages and additionally we also have adult content on our pay-per-view movie system.

We hope this clears up any misunderstandings and you may consider staying with the hotel in the future.

Reviewed January 16, 2014 via mobile

The hotel room was clean and the staff was quite friendly. I did miss out on my complimentary breakfast though, which I thought was included with the code I supplied through trip advisor. It was a nice stay regardless despite a disruption to my holiday plans due to wild weather conditions as of late.

Stayed: January 2014, traveled with friends

Thank you for your review.

It was good to hear you enjoyed your stay and found the hotel clean and the staff friendly. It is disappointing to hear about your breakfast offer and we encourage you to make contact with the hotel so we can investigate your reservation and check the promo code you entered, as the booking system is fully automated.

Thank you for sharing your experience and we hope to welcome you back soon.

Reviewed January 15, 2014

Stayed at the Darwin Central Hotel last weekend for 3 nights. On check in the staff were amazing, the pleasant gentleman who checked me in looked at my room then said OH I have better rooms on the 7th floor so i'll put you on one of them which was lovely. The room (718) was very clean, large and cool, it was also nice and quiet. The shower bay was huge and the room had all the amenities required. The location and cost of the hotel were exceptional. The staff at reception were always very very friendly and very happy, it was lovely to see them every time the lift doors open. This hotel also has great security which was a bonus. Went to the buffet breakfast on my final morning which was very very ordinary. No one there to greet me so I left and came back 10 minutes later. I took a seat in the middle of the dining room and had to move as it was too dark to read, there is only lighting around the outside of the room. The meal came out quickly, that's because the eggs weren't cooked properly and the beans were cold! There was no atmosphere in the room, some light background music or even a TV playing would have been nice. The service was pleasant however that was about it. Wouldn't let this stop me from staying here again as I would simply go elsewhere for breakfast. Other than that I would highly recommend this venue.

Room Tip: Request rooms on the higher floors, my friend was on the second floor and said his room was quite no...
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled with friends
3  Thank Tippi L
DCHManager, General Manager at Darwin Central Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 16, 2014

Thanks for your review.

We are pleased you found the hotel and its staff friendly, clean and meeting your expectations. I have passed on your feedback about breakfast to our F&B Team and thank you for taking the time to let us know. Thanks for sharing your experience and we look forward to seeing you again in the future.

Reviewed January 13, 2014

I have stayed at Darwin Central over 20 times in the last year or so that I've been living close by. Always reliable to have clean rooms and great service. Darwin Central is the first place I look at for accommodation in Darwin. The hotel is in a great area, and the 24hr service desk, underground parking, and dedication to Northern Territory locals are just a few things that keep me coming back. Excellent range of rooms, perfect for a weekend trip to an extended stay. I have not had one bad experience in the time that I've been staying, and am always welcomed back with a friendly smile.

• Stayed: January 2014
1  Thank EricaKel

Thanks for your review.

We are so happy to hear that you enjoy staying at the Hotel and we exceed your expectations. Thanks for sharing your experience we look forward to seeing you again soon.