“Good overnight stopover”

Darwin Central Hotel
Ranked #1 of 35 Hotels in Darwin
Reviewed April 23, 2012

I stayed here twice, before and after and adventure tour. It was great as I needed a quiet hotel with a comfy bed and laundry facilities. I got all those, I cannot complain. The hotel was not cheap (but none appear to be in Darwin) but I got a good nights sleep. The only downside was that wifi was not available for my ipad but there are lots of internet cafes on Mitchell Street.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled solo
3  Thank Tracie0909
DCHManager, General Manager at Darwin Central Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 7, 2012

Thank you for your comments.

It is good to hear that you were happy overall with the hotel and service provided.

We have been working with our wifi/internet supplier to resolve the issue with connectivity with iPads and iPhones and hope to have this solved soon. As an 'Apple' user I find this a little frustrating and can not wait for this be sorted.

We hope to welcome you back sometime in the future.

Michelle Davidson

Write a ReviewReviews (2,052)

Reviewed April 22, 2012

I love this hotel. Rooms are clean and comfortable. Staff are always friendly. The location is perfect, right in the centre of town. Highly recommended.

• Stayed: March 2012
2  Thank JamesColgan

Thank you for your wonderful review.

I am very happy that we have met your expectations in so many areas and look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed April 19, 2012

Central to everything in walking distance. If you don't want heat stroke, easy to catch a taxi anywhere. Comfortable tidy room. Serviced daily. Easy room service after hours when I had the munchies. Excellent floor security to various levels. Quiet and peaceful. Loved the cool aircon. Breakfast was a delight with beautifully sliced and diced tropical fruits. Freshly cooked eggs of choice. Friendly staff. Had an absolutely delightful stay at Darwin Central. Great menu selection of the latest movies, and adult only movies. In room bar adequate for that spontaneous choc or drink otherwise an amazing choices of bars on street level. I dined out at a different restaurant each night which added to the multicultural food varieties. Thanks Darwin Central.

Stayed: April 2012
1  Thank Mykara

Thank you for your review.

It is delightful that you found so many things about the hotel and it's location that suited you. We try to ensure that we have most items covered for the traveler and it is pleasing to hear that this effort is enjoyed by our guests.

We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed April 14, 2012

Nice hotel. Clean. Everything works. Located in the city. However staff is totally inflexible with extension of check out time. Hotel was nowhere near full judging from the lack of human traffic at the main entrance and at the breakfast buffet. But front desk (male staff, in the morning) refused our request for a 90 minute extension so that we could shower before heading for the airport. We were sweaty from an excursion involving crocodiles. Would have made the difference between a memorable stay and a sour taste in the mouth...

Room Tip: Ask for room 219. Large and spacious.
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
6  Thank SEAsia73
DCHManager, General Manager at Darwin Central Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 8, 2012

Thank you for your comments.

I am sorry that we were unable to extend your check out time as requested. Even though it may seem that we were not fully booked, I wish to confirm that we have been fully booked throughout April.

We endeavor where possible to accommodate requests from guests however on some occasions this is not possible.

We do appreciate your feedback and hope you enjoyed your visit to the Top End.

Reviewed April 13, 2012

Well-designed room. Lots of surface area for bags, toiletries. Good water pressure/temperature. Large TV. Big kitchen area. Air-conditioning that works. Hotel management puts 5 star hotels to shame. Every light fitting, switch, remote control, appliance, etc., WORKS!

Stayed: April 2012
2  Thank Jim T

Thank you for your great review.

It is very pleasing for both the staff and management when our guests appreciate the effort and detail we put in to making your stay comfortable, convenient and relaxing. The Maintenance Department were particularly pleased that you found everything in working order!

Thank you again for your comments and we look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Reviewed April 11, 2012

Recently stayed at this hotel for a 3 night duration. The staff could not have been more helpful and although my booking was incorrect in that my name was in reverse order, the staff resolved this issue relatively quickly. I did have some reservations when I made this booking that being in the heart of the city the noise of traffic etc. might be of concern. This turned out to be totally unfounded. The rooms are a good size with a large flat screen television mounted on the wall. Great shower and reasonable size bathroom.I did have the buffet breakfast on one occasion and was impressed with the food selection.I have only good memories of my stay at this hotel and would therefore highly recommend it. If I had anything negative to say it would be that the hotel only has a small pool but I was fully aware of this at the time of my booking.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank Heatwave

Thank you for your feedback.

We are glad to hear that you found the hotel well appointed and suited to your needs. Our central location is easy and convenient yet the hotel offers a sanctuary for its guests away from the busy city bustle.

We hope to welcome you back in the future.

Reviewed March 19, 2012

Stayed in Darwin with my mom for three night. Arrived 3 am.. I know its early in the morning and i'm sure they feel sleepy. But, we can see they are not professional.
Non of them smilling and greet us.
Its small room and with the price that i spend its not include the breakfast.

• Stayed: October 2011