“6 Day stay”

Ranked #12 of 37 Hotels in Darwin
Port Lincoln, Australia
“6 Day stay”
Reviewed February 24, 2013

I stayed as I have done many times before, this trip I have to say the service from the staff was well below any standard I have come across before at your hotels. First night while dining we had to leave the table and fetch our own drinks from the bar and when we commented to the waitress, she said " what do you expect I am on my own". Monday at breakfast there was an issue with the bill, as breakfast was included in my stay, but the waiter argued this and left the bill on my table saying " you will have to go and sort this out with reception". The manager Jacky actual got word of my unhappiness and left a card of apology

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
4 Thank david_holbrook65

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (220)
  • Indonesian first
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed February 23, 2013

Check in/out- quite a bit of wait in the morning for check out - not enough staff to attend to the expected wave of people

Room - bathroom is extremely dated, remote for Tv doesn't quite work (cannot turn on/off the TV). The bottle of 1L Fiji water that I had seem to have been tempered with previously (and not to mention that it was covered in dust)

Restaurant - good food quality for dinner

Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank kevinyhli
Cairns, Australia
Reviewed February 21, 2013

I live in Darwin but occasionally we like to stay in a hotel and relax.
The Novotel room was spacious. It had a queen bed and a single for our daughter. We paid a little extra to get a sea view and was well worth it.
Beautiful room, everything you need was there. My only problem would be that the shower was quite small, it was ok for us but a large person would have difficulties.
We have dined in the restaurant and the food is always of a high standard. This was our first time for breakfast and it was very good, an excellent choice something for the very health conscious to those who love a traditional English breakfast. Room service was good.
The pool isn't the biggest but is fine and also has a separate spa.
The staff were professional and friendly and we enjoyed our stay

Room Tip: We enjoyed the sea view
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Alison F
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed February 16, 2013

I ended up here from a "Secret Hotel" deal on Agoda and was NOT disappointed! In fact I prefer this place to the more esteemed Crowne Plaza.

I like the atrium look in the entry, the cosy bar across the little bridge in the atrium, and the breakfast area, it just all works.

Whilst the hotel is definitely looking a bit tired on the outside the rooms have no sign of ageing. I love the inbuilt mini bar & tea/coffee making setup, something refreshingly different & groovy.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
NovotelDarwinManager, Manager at Novotel Darwin CBD, responded to this review, February 18, 2013
Dear Lee M,

Thank you for your feedback and this is our pride that you have enjoyed your stay with us.

I will share your comments with the team and we wish to welcome you back at our hotel soon.

Kind Regards
Jacky Cheung
Rooms Division Manager
Novotel Darwin Atrium
Mackay
Reviewed February 14, 2013

I have been staying in Darwin on and off for the last 10 years and to date had avoided the Novotel. Clearly my mistake as they have upgraded the rooms and it is now great value for money and in one of the best locations in Darwin. Buffet breakfast is by far one of the best and so too the car parking and Laundry facilities. All of the staff are extremely helpful and friendly. Only thing needed (and this goes for all hotels in Darwin) is an accessible ice machine and a larger fridge. I will be staying here next time.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Gibbinsoz
Dear Mr Gibbins,

Thank you for reviewing our hotel! I am delighted that you and your family have enjoyed your stay with us!

I will pass your feedback on to the team and we will also consider your suggestion about ice machine!

We look forward to welcome you back at our hotel!

Kind Regards