“much improved”

Ranked #12 of 37 Hotels in Darwin
Katherine, Australia
“much improved”
Reviewed January 28, 2012

This tired old hotel has had a renovation. I was a bit disapointed when I saw that this place was the wotif mystery deal that I had purchased as the last time I stayed it was very ordinary. The renovations have done wonders. Still a bit of work to do but well worth the $$ now. Would recommend a stay.

Stayed January 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (220)
  • Indonesian first
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed January 28, 2012

Ok, so i arrive after a long trip and get my room. The internals are a little run down - but its not too bad. I go to the room and the a/c is making a very loud squeaky noise. I went downstairs and asked for a change of room. The lady at the counter said there was no rooms of the same standard available, but she will send someone up to my room to fix it. In 5 minutes a man comes up and agrees that it is terrible and magically has keys of new rooms i can see. I happily get an upgrade. (Thanks!) I close the door and go to have a shower- no one has replaced the shampoos/ conditioner, soaps etc. I call downstairs and have them replaced, by this time a little frustrated but dealing with it. I turn on the shower and there was no hot water. Ok so cold shower! Wake up the next morning and decide to have a shower- turn on the shower and no hot water- start having a cold shower again... about half way through the shower i realize that the water is a strange colour. I turn off the shower step out and run the bath to check the colour- It's sewage brown. I had been showering in sewage! I am informed by staff that there is a problem (no joke) and it will take 20mins to fix. And here i am, on the bed awaiting a shower... eghhhhh, never staying here again!!!!!!!

Room Tip: Go somewhere else!
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled solo
2 Thank loveflashpacking
NovotelDarwinManager, Director of Sales at Novotel Darwin CBD, responded to this review, February 1, 2012
Dear Reviewer
Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience at Novotel Darwin Atrium.
I am sorry to hear about your experience please accepted my sincere apologies this is not normal practice for the hotel. The colour of the water was from residual in the pipes, which has been fixed.
I have requested the Rooms Division Manager & Maintenance Manager to review your stay to ensure this is remedied.
I am pleased to advise the hotel is currently undergoing a remodeling of all our hotel rooms. We will be revealing our brand new Novotel ‘Next’ Rooms, designed for natural living very soon.
We hope you will provide us with the opportunity of welcoming you back to the hotel to stay in one our new rooms in the future.

Kind regards,
Sales Manager

Travelers are raving about these Darwin hotels

Halls Creek, Australia
Reviewed January 25, 2012

Darwin is different and a good hotel is a treasure worth sharing. The rooms are reasonably well-appointed, food in the restaurant is good, breakfast is great and staff are friendly without being cloying. If you can book the room for the right price this is a very good hotel for a Darwin stay.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank David P
Dear Reviewer,
It is always fantastic to hear good feedback especial regarding our staff
We are very lucky with our central location, harbour view and well spacious rooms. Now we can also add the remodelling of all guest rooms with the brand new Novotel ‘Next’ Rooms, designed for natural living being revealed very soon.
I hope to see you at the hotel again in the future
Kind regards
Geelong, Australia
Reviewed January 24, 2012

In need of a spruce up mold in the bathroom is not acceptable together. With a noisy AC ruined my nights stay

• Stayed January 2012
1 Thank Paulwoodsie
Dear Reviewer
I am sorry to hear about your room experience, my Executive Housekeeper & Maintenance Manager is currently looking into this to ensure it does not occur in the future.
We hope you will provide us with the opportunity of welcoming you back to the hotel for your next stay in Darwin.

Kind regards,
Kwinana, Australia
Reviewed January 21, 2012

Had broken soap holder but it was soon fixed.STAFF were very helpful and nothing was to much trouble for them. The beding was more comfortable than I have had in a long time.Their Menu comprised of a good selection of dishes at a competitive price and quality.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with friends