2,206 results
All reviews great location mitchell street harbour view one bedroom apartment coles supermarket washing machine and dryer darwin harbour free wifi air con an upgrade good size close to shops great place to stay reception staff pleasant stay across the road central location
Selected filters
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I was transiting through Darwin and stay at the Mantra Esplanade overnight.

The hotel is well located to shops and bars. This allowed me to do my 'shop' before heading off to the wilds of the NT and to wander down for a cocktail (or 2) in the evening.

My room was lovely and clean although when I looked up at the ceiling I noticed some 'dust bunnies' caught in the textured finish where the air conditioner vent was. I was assigned a 'studio' room with a kitchen and laundry facilities. The lounge area had a large couch with a chaise and the king size bed was very comfortable. I requested an extra blanket and that was provided very quickly.

Check in was delayed as my room wasn't ready however the delay was not very long. Check out was quick and easy.

Lovely, friendly staff although when I asked about a Thai restaurant the staff member was not able to help me despite being a Darwinian -I found one anyway.

My room overlooked the backpackers accommodation and they got their 'party' on in the evening however, I didn't hear them for very long and spent a peaceful night in great accommodation.

Room tip: ask for esplanade view
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
Dave Pearson I, General Manager at Mantra on the Esplanade, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Many thanks for your 5 star review and we're delighted that you enjoyed the experience. You're wonderful feedback will be shared with our team. We hope to welcome you again on your next visit to the Top End. Kind regards Dave.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Stayed here for 3 nights, not the friendliest check-in I experienced during my trip but the room was nice with an ocean view and the location on the esplanade was perfect.The pool was also very nice. Bathroom needs an update though.

Date of stay: June 2019

Many thanks for your review and we're delighted that you enjoyed the experience. We look forward to welcoming you again soon. Kind regards Dave.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We have just spent a week at the Mantra and it was fabulous. Great location near to restaurants etc and staff were friendly and helpful. Facilities were very good and food in restaurant and bar was delicious. We booked a 1 bedroom apartment and only issue I have it that we were not told we would not have our room serviced. While it was not difficult calling reception for clean towels etc , it would have been nice to know beforehand and to maybe have bins emptied every few days. Other than that it was a great place to stay and I would highly recommend.

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Stayed here a few times and have to say it’s gone down hill. Stayed 3 nights and my room wasn’t made up once. Breakfast was poor as hot food looked like it’s running out each day. Seems to be a lack of staff. Standing and waiting to be attended to before breakfast each day with nobody to serve at counter. This morning I waited at least 5-10 minutes just to be served a coffee as there were no staff at counter. I don’t think I’ll be staying again.

Trip type: Traveled on business
Dave Pearson I, General Manager at Mantra on the Esplanade, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Many thanks for choosing to stay with us again and we are sorry to hear that you did not enjoy the experience. Please note that the reservation you made did not include a daily housekeeping service. With regards to the breakfast service, thank you for bringing this to our attention and this has been shared with our operations manager to rectify. We do hope to welcome you again for a much improved experience. Kind regards Dave.

Reviewed June 10, 2019

Date of stay: May 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with AccorHotels.com
Dave Pearson I, General Manager at Mantra on the Esplanade, responded to this reviewResponded June 11, 2019