We got to the Mantra very late at night, to be given the most awful room, it smelt stale, it was noisy, it was dark with the window being totally blocked by a tree and the toilet was broken. On complaining next morning, we were moved to a room with a harbour view. The bed was comfortable, the bathroom was OK but the bath had a chip in it. Breakfast is very good with a great selection. We found all the staff very friendly and helpful, and the location is great for either walking along the esplanade or Mitchell Street shops out the back. Got the impression that this is one of the best hotels in Darwin. We were lucky to witness the sun setting which you can only do from the Harbour view rooms.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Mantra on the Esplanade offers guests an unrivalled location near Darwin Harbour and the convenience of close proximity to Darwin's CBD. The property boasts panoramic views across the harbour, out to the Arafura Sea and presents the ideal vantage point from which to experience a famous Northern Territory sunset. Accommodation options include 64 hotel rooms, plus 140 one, two and three bedroom apartments, all designed to reflect the local tropical style and comfortably casual laid-back ambience. Apartments also feature a large private balcony, fully-equipped kitchen and laundry and the convenience of an in-room office in selected apartments, providing modem and facsimile plus ISD/STD direct dial phones and voice mail message services. Mantra on the Esplanade offers 24 hour reception, 24 hour room service, concierge, outdoor pool, beauty salon, same day laundry service (excluding Sunday), business and secretarial services, tour desk and foreign exchange desk. Business guests can choose from two conference rooms, Bathurst and Melville rooms, accommodating up to 50 delegates. Telegraph Eating House & Bar is conveniently located within the hotel and offers breakfast, lunch and dinner daily. Featuring an alfresco dining area, guests can relax and enjoy a variety of dishes and a host of cold beverages to choose from.Mantra on the Esplanade is an ideal accommodation choice for travellers and perfect for people relocating to the Northern Territory or those on a long stay work assignment. Leisure travellers will enjoy the hotel as a base to explore the Territory's lively capital city and a host of stunning natural tourist attractions, all located within close proximity to Mantra on the Esplanade. Short and long-term rates are available. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Orbitz, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cancelon, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Mantra on the Esplanade reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mantra On The Esplanade Hotel Darwin
- Mantra On The Esplanade Darwin