Stayed twice at the Mantra, first time for one night, second for two nights. First time we were in room 401, upgraded to an apartment with separate bedroom c/w en-suite, lounge, kitchenette and laundry facilities, pleasant stay but we were up & gone the next morning. Second time we were given a standard room but asked for upgrade, at a cost of Aud$40 per night.
Given Rm 815 with an excellent view of the esplanade, Doctors Gully and Port Darwin. Same facilities as our first stay and we made full use of them. The air-con was needed with the heat and humidity and when the fan was set on 'low' the noise was imperceptible. Sat on the balcony and watched the sunset the days we were there. We also managed to get a free parking space in the front of the hotel. There is further parking under the hotel but at a cost, otherwise there's parking on the street, free between 1700hrs to 0800hrs then metered. We found the hotel central to many of the attractions which we were interested in visiting, most were within walking distance.
Used the swimming pool one day, nice length for a hotel pool. Several sunloungers, table and chairs scattered around. Never used the bar or restaurant facilities.
Staff were friendly and helpful especially when we asked for an upgrade.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Mantra on the Esplanade offers guests an unrivalled location near Darwin Harbour and of close proximity to Darwin's CBD. Accommodation options include hotel rooms, one, two and three bedroom apartments, all designed to reflect the local tropical style and comfortably casual laid-back ambience. Mantra on the Esplanade offers 24 hour reception, 24 hour room service, concierge, outdoor pool, beauty salon, same day laundry service (excluding Sunday), business and secretarial services, tour desk and foreign exchange desk. Business guests can choose from two conference rooms. Telegraph Eating House & Bar is conveniently located within the hotel and offers breakfast, lunch and dinner daily. Leisure travellers will enjoy the hotel as a base to explore the Territory's lively capital city and a host of stunning natural tourist attractions, all located within close proximity to Mantra on the Esplanade. Short and long-term rates are available. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Agoda, Orbitz, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Travelocity, getaroom.com, Priceline and HotelQuickly so you can book your Mantra on the Esplanade reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mantra On The Esplanade Hotel Darwin
- Mantra On The Esplanade Darwin