My husband and I stayed here in January 2013, for 5 nights. On arrival the staff were friendly and quick to check us in - but I thought it a bit unusual that after that there was nothing. We weren't even told where the lifts were, onsite restaurant details, pool hours, business centre or Internet options or any other information. This wasn't a problem and we easily worked it all out but I just found the lack of communication a bit strange. We were happy with our room location, we had booked a Harbour view 1 bedroom apartment - number 617.
I found the bathroom wasn't very clean and the apartment had clearly been cleaned in a hurry. The linen/bedding was all clean and comfortable.
On rising after our first night, there was a huge amount of water on the floor of the kitchen which had clearly leaked through the ceiling above. You could see where it had been patched previously. I understand that it was the Wet Season, and we did have a lot of rain the night before but perhaps things should be fixed properly...... We reported this all to reception and they were wonderful. We were promptly moved to room 613 - this room was slightly larger and we got a double sized balcony that opened from the living area and the bedroom. The view here was much better and I would recommend getting a room centrally located in the building for this reason alone. Generally speaking I would recommend a stay here, things are just a bit run down and it can get quite noisy with backpackers in the area. Another thing - watch out for the mini bar, I opened a Crown Lager stubby and some clever person had refilled it with water - wasn't a problem, we weren't charged for it but perhaps stick to cans???
All in all we had a nice stay here and you can walk to pretty much everywhere.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Mantra on the Esplanade offers guests an unrivalled location near Darwin Harbour and the convenience of close proximity to Darwin's CBD. The property boasts panoramic views across the harbour, out to the Arafura Sea and presents the ideal vantage point from which to experience a famous Northern Territory sunset. Accommodation options include 64 hotel rooms, plus 140 one, two and three bedroom apartments, all designed to reflect the local tropical style and comfortably casual laid-back ambience. Apartments also feature a large private balcony, fully-equipped kitchen and laundry and the convenience of an in-room office in selected apartments, providing modem and facsimile plus ISD/STD direct dial phones and voice mail message services. Mantra on the Esplanade offers 24 hour reception, 24 hour room service, concierge, outdoor pool, beauty salon, same day laundry service (excluding Sunday), business and secretarial services, tour desk and foreign exchange desk. Business guests can choose from two conference rooms, Bathurst and Melville rooms, accommodating up to 50 delegates. Conveniently located onsite is the Finz Restaurant and Bar boasting a range of contemporary a la carte cuisine choices. Guests can enjoy a cold beverage from the bar, or dine in style at the perfect location for a casual meal, romantic dinner or family feast. Mantra on the Esplanade is an ideal accommodation choice for travellers and perfect for people relocating to the Northern Territory or those on a long stay work assignment. Leisure travellers will enjoy the hotel as a base to explore the Territory's lively capital city and a host of stunning natural tourist attractions, all located within close proximity to Mantra on the Esplanade. Short and long-term rates are available. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Agoda, Booking.com and Priceline so you can book your Mantra on the Esplanade reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mantra On The Esplanade Hotel Darwin
- Mantra On The Esplanade Darwin