Stayed at the Mantra on the Esplanade for a work trip. On the plus side the room is comfortable and a reasonable size for a couple. The bed is a comfortable king size. All facilities are airconditioned (thank goodness as it's November and very hot and humid in Darwin). The menu at the resaurant is ok without being extraordinary and seems a little pricey considering the Mitchell stree eateries are within minutes walk. there is a large Coles supermarket a few minutes away which is great for bottled water etc - the hotel is charging almost $7 for a large bottle of water!!
On the down side for a tropical hot area, the pool is a little disappointing. It seemed dirty and the water was warm. No gym at this hotel, the Mantra up the road (5 mins walk) has a small gym. This has been a little challenge in maintaining a healthy routine while on a business trip as it's a bit too warm to walk outside comfortable.
the location is good, only 20 mins walk from the conference centre and the wharf precinct (but it's too hot to walk there before the conference), lovely views of the harbour across the road, and a wonderful place for a picnic at sunset - these tropical sunsets are absolutely spectacular. There is the bus transit centre behind the hotel and is easy for many bus and coach tours.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Mantra on the Esplanade offers guests an unrivalled location near Darwin Harbour and the convenience of close proximity to Darwin's CBD. The property boasts panoramic views across the harbour, out to the Arafura Sea and presents the ideal vantage point from which to experience a famous Northern Territory sunset. Accommodation options include 64 hotel rooms, plus 140 one, two and three bedroom apartments, all designed to reflect the local tropical style and comfortably casual laid-back ambience. Apartments also feature a large private balcony, fully-equipped kitchen and laundry and the convenience of an in-room office in selected apartments, providing modem and facsimile plus ISD/STD direct dial phones and voice mail message services. Mantra on the Esplanade offers 24 hour reception, 24 hour room service, concierge, outdoor pool, beauty salon, same day laundry service (excluding Sunday), business and secretarial services, tour desk and foreign exchange desk. Business guests can choose from two conference rooms, Bathurst and Melville rooms, accommodating up to 50 delegates. Telegraph Eating House & Bar is conveniently located within the hotel and offers breakfast, lunch and dinner daily. Featuring an alfresco dining area, guests can relax and enjoy a variety of dishes and a host of cold beverages to choose from.Mantra on the Esplanade is an ideal accommodation choice for travellers and perfect for people relocating to the Northern Territory or those on a long stay work assignment. Leisure travellers will enjoy the hotel as a base to explore the Territory's lively capital city and a host of stunning natural tourist attractions, all located within close proximity to Mantra on the Esplanade. Short and long-term rates are available. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Booking.com, Hotwire, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Mantra on the Esplanade reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mantra On The Esplanade Hotel Darwin
- Mantra On The Esplanade Darwin