“Great value”

Travelodge Resort Darwin
Ranked #15 of 36 Hotels in Darwin
Reviewed July 7, 2010

We had a one night stopover here on our way to Saigon and were very impressed with the value for money this hotel offers. We got an amazingly cheap rate online for a double room with buffet breakfast and so were pleasantly surprised to find that the hotel was as nice as it was. It is good standard 3 star as you would expect from Travelodge, the location is good for town centre access and the breakfast buffet very tasty and served in the very pleasant treetop garden view restaurant. The airport shuttle bus drops and picks up from the front door. The pool area is also well designed and inviting. The rooms were clean and comfortable and all up I would consider this a perfectly adequate place to stay for a mid-budget family holiday. Will definitely stay here next time we are in Darwin.

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled as a couple
LukeMcDonald, Manager at Travelodge Resort Darwin, responded to this reviewResponded June 4, 2014

Dear Judi-oz

Thank you for your review on Tripadvisor. We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us here at the Travelodge Mirambeena Resort Darwin.

There are newer reviews for Travelodge Resort Darwin

Reviewed June 27, 2010

We got an executive room on the upper floors of the larreki (sp?!) wing for $170 on needitnow.com.au

the rooms were recently updated in this wing, and although they are kinda soulless, they are very smart and modern. The king is actually two singles pushed together, but is comfy.

The staff were smiley and helpful and arranged early check-in for us.

The pool area is lovely, water was very fresh (we were there in June) and the pool bar had yellowglen for $6 glass, which I was happy about!

I noticed the motel rooms, that everyone complains about. They did look a bit old and worn, for the price difference I recommend upgrading to an executive room.

As for the complainers on this site, I think you are dreaming of world class accommodation for a coupla hundred bucks a night! Yes the shower curtain blows into the shower a little, the aircon isn't silent, but it's clean, central and has two pools!

Reviewed June 13, 2010

I stayed here twice in May. Both times the staff were efficient and the rooms were clean and servicable. The beds were comfortable. The hotel's location gave me the opportunity to get to where I wanted to be. My experience in the hotel was average; I got what I expected in a clean room and bed, but didn't feel inclined to spend any more time in the hotel/my room than I had to.

My room's view - on both occasions - was of something that looked to be a car park/recycling bin area/storage yard so I don't have much to say about that except they could try and keep it a little neater out the back there given that this is the only view of outdoor space for some rooms.

• Stayed: May 2010
Reviewed June 9, 2010

We stayed at the Mirambeena resort for one night in May. The hotel was a rambling collection of relatively old (and ugly) buildings. The rooms although adequate in size and facilities were a bit dated and could do with refurbishment. One of the best attractions for us was the 'unexpected' appearance of the resident possums. Some of the staff were not particularly friendly or helpful.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 4, 2010

review of hotel Travelodge Mirambeena Resort Darwin
64 Cavenagh Street 0800, Darwin, Australia

This is the hotel we stayed at in Darwin, in Northern Territory state of Australia in April 2010
It was our first stop of a Contiki tour, where the company stays at.
It is a good decent hotel that is located in Darwin, it is close to several retail and grocery stores.
As well walking distance to several eating places and entertainment aspects of immediate area.
On arrival, check in was quite good and done in a very timely fashion. Staff were quite friendly and did offer good direction and advice.

Room stayed in was a quad share, it was very basic. It was probably the lowest quality of rooms of the entire hotel. Our Air conditioner did leak something and a weird mildew smell was in place. Bathroom door did not lock, however a plenty full amount of towels was provided. Beds were a little small and some where either too hard or too soft. The room was quite clean though, so that was a good thing.

Hotel had a nice pool area, and plenty of nice lawn chairs and a on site bar area for those wanting entertainment at the pool area. Had many nice mini water falls in the pool area that made it quite presentable.

Hotel had a good breakfast area, that offered a nice morning buffet of all types of great food. It was included, however if you were to pay for it, it was like over 30 bucks for a meal.
There is an internet kiosks in the hotel, that were about one dollar a minute or so.

Overall it is a good place to stay as I would recommend this for people to stay at when in Darwin.
Good for backpackers, singles , couples and perhaps families as well.

• Stayed: April 2010
Reviewed March 30, 2010

I booked this hotel even after reading some of the other worrying reviews and after staying there I swear I must of stayed at another hotel to them. We had a standard poolside room which with 2 double beds which is great. It was clean, tidy, modern and up to the standards of all the other Travelodges we have stayed at. The two pools with spa were great for swimming in af any time of the day and the pool bar was a real find. The real jewel is the staff of the hotel. Their service and friendliness was outstanding and I even filled in the hotel comment sheet (something I have never done) just to let the hotel know what an asset they are. I have stayed in 5* hotels in London and the service from the staff was comparable. The location is much closer to the main city area of Darwin than the other hotels I noticed walking around the city. The pool bar is great at night as they are some tame possums that hang around that you can feed and one has a baby that lets you give it a cuddle. Our deal included breakfast and a late check out and we found the full English very satisfying. Our stay at this hotel is one of the most enjoyable stays we have had in our travelling experience.

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled as a couple
3  Thank shed_gal

Dear shed_gal

Reviewed March 29, 2010

I went away with my family for 5 days , I had my own room. 2 Queen beds, overlooking carpartk but heard no noise from tour buses coming and going all hours of the night. Clean room, cable TV, I had a dripping toilet on arrival.On my way out for the afternoon I mentioned it to the front desk, on my return toilet was fixed and I had a bottle of champagne to enjoy. Staff where friendly and helpful. Pool was warm but not much they can do about that. Drinks and food at pool bar and restaurant a bit steep. Shopping center across the road and eateries close by. There were 2 fire alarms that went off the fisrt morning and we had to evacuate once, but problem fixed and staff informative. There was internet computers for $2 for 5 mins which was helpful to check flights and book a car. Hallways not airconditioned but rooms airconditioner going 24/7.All up a good experience, not sure if a room near the pool would be good .

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled with family