“Just ok.”

Travelodge Resort Darwin
Ranked #13 of 36 Hotels in Darwin
Reviewed September 18, 2013

Came here during a business trip for 4 nights. The hotel is generally clean although the rooms are a bit dated. Aircon was freezing on arrival and the beds only have thin sheets - no duvet. Location is quite good and central and the staff were pleasant and helpful. My only annoyance and reason for my low cleanliness score was a coffee cup that went uncleaned on the table for 3 days and ended up with things growing in it.

• Stayed: September 2013
Angela C, Manager at Travelodge Resort Darwin, responded to this reviewResponded September 22, 2013

Dear Okeydokey33,

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback about your recent stay at our Hotel.

We regret that your stay did not meet your expectations and was not as enjoyable as it could have been, I have raised your comments with our Housekeeping team to ensure this does not happen again. I can assure you this is not the normal level of service we pride ourselves on at the Travelodge Mirambeena Resort.

We hope to welcome you back some time in the near future.

Reviewed September 18, 2013

Large motel in a central location to Darwin's attractions and shopping areas. Room was large, comfortable and everything worked. Also all of the tours we booked before our holiday used the Travelodge Mirambeena as a pick up spot and the Travelodge provided comfortable seating while we waited. We didn't use the restaurant as it was far too dear. The pool area looked very inviting and always had plenty of people around it. Staff at reception when we arrived were all young but we did have some communication problems. I would have rated this motel as Very Good if it wasn't for the extra charges at checkout. To use a credit card for payment there is a 2% surcharge which we resent paying. As a business, the cost of a Merchant Facility is surely a business expense, which is written off on their Tax and not the burden of a guest who is already paying enough just to rent the room. Plus we were charged an extra $7 for Mini Bar use which we never used. Of all things it was for confectionary which we don't eat and didn't even register was in the room. My husband never argued the point. It was very early in the morning and it would have been our word against the housemaid who wouldn't have even started work that day. We were so annoyed about the credit card surcharge that this added charge was the final straw and we just paid the bill and left with a very sour taste in our mouths. Won't stay there again or recommend the place to anyone on principal.

Room Tip: Check your Mini bar items before the room is made up to avoid false charging. We stayed on the four...
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank familyideals

Dear familyideals,

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments about your recent stay with us.

It is disappointing to receive feedback as such, and I apologise for this oversight with your card.

Please feel free to contact me direct at the Hotel so we can correct this error for you.

I am glad that you otherwise enjoyed your time with us and we hope that you choose to stay with us again when you next travel to Darwin.

Reviewed September 17, 2013

I was in Darwin for a Wedding and I though I was onto a winner when I got upgraded upon check it, but I was on a tight scheduled the day I checked in so I chucked my bag in the room and left without having a good look around. I came back to my room after a long day (Helping the bride get dressed for her wedding day then celebrating into the night) only to find no towels in my room, and a television which had picture but no sound. I called the front desk and asked for towels and if someone could look at the TV (cause I cant sleep on my own without it) and waited 20 minutes (mind you this is at 12am). I called the desk again and waited another 15minutes untill someone arrived with towels. After looking at the TV I was told it would have to wait till morning. I was only offered another room when I asked. My new room was ok but the bathroom was a bit moldy. Overall not very impressed with the rooms or the service and the pool was filthy.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo

Dear Rowyrow,

Thank you for your comments and I do apologise for the issues you had with your TV and Towels - it is very frustrating to have issues with your TV and I am sorry for any inconvenience that this may have caused you during your stay with us.

It is pleasing to see the team were able to offer you a different room during your stay.

We appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback!

Reviewed September 16, 2013

The Travelodge Mirambeena Darwin is situated in a good location central to most things in the city, however it ends there. The rooms are extremely basic and we had a leaking tap to sleep through. Our room had no table and chairs - just 4 single beds, despite there being only 2 of us. It was more like a dorm than a hotel room and for the money we paid we expected more. Pool bar was expensive and the pool area itself needs a facelift. All of the staff we encountered were nice and friendly. Very dated rooms.

Room Tip: Stayed at another hotel straight after our stay here for the same price which was much nicer and mod...
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank megsbenno
Angela C, Manager at Travelodge Resort Darwin, responded to this reviewResponded September 17, 2013

Dear megsbenno,

We regret that your stay did not meet your expectations and was not as enjoyable as it could have been, we have taken steps to ensure we resolve the leaking tap you encountered, and I can assure you this is not the normal level of service we pride ourselves on at the Travelodge Mirambeena Resort.

We hope to welcome you back some time in the near future.

Should you wish to discuss these concerns in further detail, please contact me direct at the hotel.

Reviewed September 10, 2013

The rooms provide enough space, very clean, and the bar and pool are shady and very pleasant..... a good spot to escape the sun. This hotel is in a good location to explore Darwin's foreshore and CBD. It is not a luxury hotel, but good value. Its main asset is position.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Angela C, Manager at Travelodge Resort Darwin, responded to this reviewResponded September 12, 2013

Dear banners1151

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback about your recent stay with us.

We are glad you enjoyed your stay and appreciate your comments.

We look forward to welcoming you back upon your next visit to the Top End.

Reviewed September 7, 2013

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Quickbeds
2  Thank Sheree B

Reviewed September 3, 2013

This hotel is in a great location to get around the city. It does not have any great views or scenery - but it has a lovely pool with food and drink accessible.
The room is only small but comfortable and as said it is in easy walking distance of everything in town.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
Angela C, Manager at Travelodge Resort Darwin, responded to this reviewResponded September 5, 2013

Dear OZkk,

We are glad you enjoyed your stay and appreciate your comments.

We look forward to welcoming you back upon your next visit to the Top End.