“Disappointing ~ Beware of excessive unauthorised charges!” 2 of 5 bubbles
Review of Travelodge Resort Darwin

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Travelodge Resort Darwin
Ranked #15 of 38 Hotels in Darwin
Melbourne, Australia
“Disappointing ~ Beware of excessive unauthorised charges!”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 3, 2012

I stayed at the Travelodge with my partner and his parents in Sept 2012. More than a week after our stay, my partner discovered the Travelodge had, without his knowledge or permission, taken and were still holding nearly $1,000 from his credit card - this was for 2 nights stay for the 2 rooms PLUS a $200 holding amount. We had already paid for our stay in full upon checking out, therefore this came as a complete surprise and my partner spent considerable time on the phone trying to have this incident managed. It caused my partner considerable stress as initially it seemed as though his credit card had been used by an unauthorised person, and he also incurred extra interest fees because his credit card was temporarily overdrawn. The full amount was refunded when he called Travelodge about this issue, however no apology was made for their mistake. What is more, his credit card company said it is a common mistake made by the Travelodge, so beware and be careful!

Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank genki79
A_Cawthorn, Manager at Travelodge Resort Darwin, responded to this review, October 30, 2012
Dear Genki79,

Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay at our Hotel.

We appreciate the time you have taken to provide us with your feedback. We apologise for not meeting your expectations.

I would like to thank you providing this feedback and if you would like to discuss this in more detail, please do not hesitate to contact me directly at the hotel.

Assistant Hotel Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (178)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
Wollongong, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 2, 2012

I spent 2 nights post a Kakadu trip at the Travel Lodge and found it a great place to rest up after several nights camping in +38 degree heat. It is very central. The rooms are clean and welcoming. I took the advice of a previous Trip Advisor and asked for a back room to avoid the noise. I am not sure there was much noise to avoid. This hotel is tremendous value, this may have been helped by a deal that was on offer when I booked. I would come again.
Well done fellows

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Dodger52
A_Cawthorn, Manager at Travelodge Resort Darwin, responded to this review, October 3, 2012
Dear Dodger52,

Thank you for your recent feedback about your stay at our Hotel.

We appreciate you taking the time to provide this as we pride ourselves on Guest Service and Satisfaction and welcome all comments as we are always eagar to improve where we can.

I will be sure to share you feedback with my team.

Melbourne
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 30, 2012

I have stayed at the Travelodge a couple of times, the first time in June 2011 by myself and more recently in September 2012 with my partner and parents.
The hotel is very well located in central Darwin CBD and is walking distance to Mitchell St bars and restaurants and the esplanade and is directly opposite Woolworths. There is ample car parking.
The service was generally good, front desk staff were efficient but not particularly warm or inviting (at least on the 2nd occasion). The staff were very responsive to a number of housekeeping requests.
The pool area is good, there are 2 pools in a lovely tropical setting with undercover and open air seating.
I stayed in a Guest room both times. The rooms are spacious with 2 queen beds. The aircon unit is fairly quiet and the beds are reasonably comfy. Unfortunately we were awoken at 8am on Sunday by drilling, hopefully this is not a regular occurrence! The rooms are motel style and there are no cooking/ eating facilities however housekeeping were very responsive in bringing us bowls, plates and cutlery to prepare meals.
In summary, this is a decent place to stay in central Darwin although like most hotels in Darwin it is a bit overpriced: in my opinion you pay $30-$40 more than for similar accommodation in Melbourne or Sydney.

Room Tip: The Budget motel rooms are very basic - worth paying the extra for a guest/ resort room
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
A_Cawthorn, Manager at Travelodge Resort Darwin, responded to this review, October 15, 2012
Dear Umanator,

Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay at our Hotel

We appreciate the time you have taken to provide us with your feedback. In relation to the points you have raised I have addressed your concerns with the relevent departments to improve our overall guest experience.

Launceston
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 22, 2012

We stayed for 5 nights in August and booked through Southern Rail as part of a train cabin upgrade deal they run - whereby you get a better cabin on the train if you book your Darwin accom.for 2 nights through Sthn Rail. The agreed rate for Sthn Rail patrons is high and you get a standard room, no breakfast. Would have been OK if we had booked our additional 3 nights through Lastminute.com. ...would have had top room plus breakfast. We ended up paying $286 per night after using discounted breakfast offer. Spoke with duty manager to express disapprova, hoping for 3 day upgrade...waste of time.
T M R is well located in central Darwin and worth considering if you get a good rate.
Overall impression is the resort is about due for a makeover.l

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Dar LauncestonUpnabout,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of your stay with us. I am extremely disappointed to learn that your experience did not meet with expectations.

Please feel free to contact medirectly at the Hotel if you wish to discuss this in further detail.

KInd regards

Melbourne
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 19, 2012

This hotel was good clean, comfortable, well located, and with helpful staff. Shops are nearby. We only had 2 towels for 3 people and they quickly supplied an extra one. The internet swallowed our coins which was refunded without fuss. The buffet breakfast was enjoyed.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Review collected in partnership with Quickbeds

A_Cawthorn, Manager at Travelodge Resort Darwin, responded to this review, September 21, 2012
Dear Cathy N

Thank you for your recent review of Travelodge Mirambeena Resort Darwin.

My team and I appreciate the time you have taken to complete this review.

Your kind comments with regard to your stay are greatly appreciated, I will ensure these are shared with my team.

Katherine, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 19, 2012

My check in was extremely efficient. After a long journey this was what I really wanted - To go to our room and relax. The staff were very polite and all my requests were met with a smile. My special thanks to the young boy who woke up me on the 17th of september (I dont remember his name) by personally coming up to my room and knocking on my door and personalising a wake up call by greeting me with my name. Really appreciated it. Property wise the pool is really good, the rooms are spacious. Dont forget to have a few drinks at the pool bar - it's really nice and has a nice tropical feel to it. I would love to come back here again.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
Dear Kamkun M,

Thank you for your recent review of Travelodge Mirambeena Resort Darwin.

My team and I appreciate the time you have taken to complete this review.

We look forward to welcoming you back upon your next visit to Darwin.

Hannover, Germany
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 18, 2012

We stayed there the second time and again it was really great. The price was ok for this kind of hotel. The best thing is definitly the pool! It is big, clean and looks like a laguna. Pooltowels were there for free and we could find a sunlounger every time. The hotel room was big enough for two, very clean with a nice bathroom. WiFi was fast and gratis, too.
We will stay at Mirambeena Resort next time we´ll be in Darwin, too.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
A_Cawthorn, Manager at Travelodge Resort Darwin, responded to this review, September 20, 2012
Dear Sunflower1503,

Thank you for your recent review of Travelodge Mirambeena Resort Darwin. My team and I appreciate the time you have taken to complete this review.