“So much better than we expected!”

Travelodge Resort Darwin
Ranked #14 of 37 Hotels in Darwin
Canberra
“So much better than we expected!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 3, 2011

What a great place to stay! Fantastic price (cheaper twin room than all the backpacker places in town), close to the CBD, incredibly good service, good amenities, nice vibe, ... what more can I say.

I suppose our expectations were low given the bargain price we paid for a "townhouse" room and some of the reviews listed here, but we were pleasantly surprised.

The rooms were basic, but the kitchenette had everything we needed, including full-size (quiet) fridge. The bed was really comfortable. The pool area was relaxed and had plenty of shade (the sun can really bite in Darwin). It's true that free parking was a bit limited, but we found somewhere to park for all 6 nights we were there.

Most of all I'd like to say how much we enjoyed the service. The desk staff and the assistant manager all went to great lengths to make sure we had a comfortable stay.

Highly recommended!

Room Tip: Try Travelodge's own booking site for a great deal. The rates change regularly (even within 5 mi...
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
A_Cawthorn, Manager at Travelodge Resort Darwin, responded to this review, November 5, 2011
Dear Hambly11,

We are delighted you enjoyed yor stay with us and thank you for your feedback.

We apprecaite all comments received about our car parking and due to our CBD location, this is limited however, we are thrilled we could assist you with this during your stay.

We look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel upon your next visit to Darwin.

Assistant Hotel Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (181)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
Melbourne, Australia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 1, 2011

I stayed at the travel lodge for 3 nights, bed was amazingly comfortable. I think the hotel needs a bit of a lift in the way of decor, I didnt get to see the pool area as i was on tour most of the time I was there and they were early starts. I recommend the hotel is you are looking for nothing fancy and just need it as a place to sleep.
The one gripe I do have it is not catered to singles in other words you have to pay for a double room, surely in this day and age there are more singles and it could be catered to.

Room Tip: check what is available in season
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled solo
1 Thank banjosmum
Dear Banjosmum,

Thank you for providing us with feedback about your stay at our Hotel, we are glad you enjoyed your stay.

Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 1, 2011

Stayed 8 nights, Room Attendants are 1st class. discreet, polite and totally professional (we ad a townhouse and were very happy with all services provided 2A + 2C (teens 15 & 18yrs)), all staff are amiable and helpful++, pools are excellent, thumbs up - love the location!!! Would truly stay again and again. Very happy with the Mirambeena, thankyou to all the staff.....

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
Dear RachelB

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with feedback about your recent stay at our Hotel.

We apprecaite your feedback and are so delighted you enjoyed your stay with us.

Your feedback will be shared with our team who will be proud of this.

We look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel upon our next trip to Darwin.

Sydney
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 31, 2011

I found a deal (using trip advisor 'book now' feature) where the villa/townhouse type room was the price of a regular budget room. This was very handy as I was able to cook my own meals and save money.
The pool is great. So is the location being close to woolies and what seemed to be the only bus stop in town!
The staff were quite arrogant I found...
The reason this review is not 'excellent' is because of the ants... ants ants everywhere!! When I took out my laptop on the plane on the way home, the same ants were crawling out of it, ants were in my bags, and suitcases! Terrible!!

Room Tip: Find the room online!!
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank equinny
Perth, Australia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 27, 2011

I have booked this hotel as part of the Virgin Blue holidays package and selected the budget room. The room has the same description as the 4* room so I thought it can't be that far off. After reading the comments given by other travelers about the condition of the room, I was rather worried and send an email to the hotel requesting for a room away from the pool and requested for a clean room. The feedback given by my parents was the room was in a bad state, ie there is no table in the room, TV is CRT types and the wardrobe door cannot be closed properly, the presentation and design of the room is very run down as well. I can't expect much from a "budget room" only for it to be clean. When I pass on the feedback the next day to the reservations, they immediately offer to change it to a 4* star room since there was a cancellation. It was such a kind and great gesture from the hotel. My parents are delighted with the new room and really enjoy returning to the hotel each night.
As for service, feedback was the hotel could provide better service or touch with helping the guest with their bags and check in. They only have carry on baggage but witness other guests struggled with large luggage getting off the bus and getting to their rooms after check in.
I want to thank Belinda for making an effort to make their stay a much better one.

Room Tip: Do not choose budget room if you have high expectations for room quality.
1 Thank loveducks
Sydney, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 13, 2011

Great value for what we paid. Booking online is the best way to save money when making a reservation.
right next to woolies and not far from CBD..
no complaints from me.

Room Tip: not too good for a long stay but great for a stop over or a couple of nights.
1 Thank DOWN-UNDER-JOE
LukeMcDonald, Manager at Travelodge Resort Darwin, responded to this review, June 4, 2014
Dear Down Under Joe

Thank you for your review on Tripadvisor. We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us here at the Travelodge Mirambeena Resort Darwin.
We all look forward to welcoming you back to the resort on your next stay.

Kindest regards
Elliot Agius
Relief Assistant Hotel Manager
Adelaide
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 4, 2011

Stayed for 4 nights at the Mirambeena in early September 2011.

Booked at the resort based upon the great memories I had of the resort from when I stayed at it way back in 1994...

Not sure if much has really been updated since then.

Pool area and bar are fantastic to relax and kick back at even if looks a little dated and upkeep of area seemed poor.

Rooms were reasonably modern and functional - nothing outstanding but nothing worth complaining about. My only real complaint is with travelodge's choice of bathroom amenities - very poor quality with soap that hardly suds up.

Location of the Mirambeena is excellent. Directly across the road from a Woolworths supermarket and only 5 minutes walk to many restaurants and pubs.

Darwin hotels are not cheap and this one is about the usual price for this standard of hotel in Darwin.

So overall an average stay 3-3.5 stars