“Good steak, friendly service” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Cav

The Cav
Ranked #12 of 358 Restaurants in Darwin
Cuisines: Bar, Pub, Australian
Good for: Business meetings, Families with children, Kids, Special occasions, Bar scene, Large groups, Dining on a budget, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Brunch, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Alice Springs, Australia
“Good steak, friendly service”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 20, 2013 via mobile

We both came here at the end of a busy working day. There was a very large table of 20 and that clearly delayed our meals, but they made up for it by giving us a free glass of wine each. When our steaks arrived, they were perfectly cooked. What really made the evening was the exceptionally friendly bar staff. They seemed genuinely pleased to have you in their restaurant, recommended a great wine and their attitude really did add to our evening. We would go here again. It is not intimate dining, but the menu is varied and is a bit more interesting than most.

Visited April 2013

• Indonesian first
darwin
“Great meals - need better coffee...”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 15, 2013

Eaten here many times and it jsut gets better. Fabulous steaks (Thursday is 2 for 1 rump nights), Taco Tuesdays. Great for a quick bite of lunch. Have tried breakfast once and it was average - coffee was terrible - if they got breakfast right I would say it would be one of the best spots in Darwin.

• Visited March 2013
Darwin
“Breakfast for two”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 5, 2013

Great breakfast: food and ambience excellent and service smart, friendly and efficient. Nice setting and good temperatures.

Visited December 2012
Sydney, Australia
“bad steak”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 2, 2013

My wife and I had dinner there on Easter Monday. I ordered the special on the menu 400 gram sirloin, my wife the grilled chicken. When my steak arrived it was neither 400 grams or a sirloin ( that was beautifully displayed in the glass cabinet. It was a thin rump overcooked and full of gristle. My wife's chicken was also well overcooked. when I took my steak back and asked for the chef, he said it was a sirloin and that was that. no apologies and end of discussion with him returning to the griller/stove.

• Visited March 2013
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank 299chrisn
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Fresh produce- best food in darwin”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 31, 2013 via mobile

I eat at the Cav 3- 4 times a week. Breakfast , lunch or dinner .always fresh produce on my plate. The steaks are to die for. The pork belly is amazing and I love their wine list. They have the best chilled Pinot served by glass or bottle. The who the who all go there and it's one of the best local hang outs for cocktails .