“A Chef for Tired Chefs!”
Review of Tramontana

Tramontana
Ranked #67 of 404 Restaurants in Darwin
Cuisines: International
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: Perfect for celebrate your special day,business lunch or dinner with family or friends.
Reviewed October 25, 2012

Chef Darren is in my opinion one of the top Chefs in Darwin. I dine here at least once a fortnight and have NEVER been dissapointed. Menu is not extensive, but I still have difficulties deciding what to have. Have tried it all and happy to have any of the dishes again. Do ring ahead and book. It's only polite. John is a sheep in wolves clothing, but he doesn't tolerate bad behavior, nor should he have to. My favourite place to eat in Darwin.

1  Thank Ashley W

Reviewed September 22, 2012

Fabulous Food, wonderful service! ! My only regret is I have not been going more often in the past!
We live in Evolution and Spellman catered the dinner for 10 up to us and his wonderful staff served us as though we were in the restaurant. My guests were blown away by the food and service as well. We had a variety of entrees and all were fantastic! My guests then got to order from the menu . Again we had a variety of mains and everyone loved their choices. Everyone was stuffed! Then it was time for desserts OMG! We knew these were a specialty so we had to order even though no one thought they had room. At just the right time the servers appeared again and and a variety of desserts that were world class! We all shared each others choices and honestly I can't pick a favorite. Thank you Thank you John and staff! You found 10 new devoted customers last night. See u soon.

Reviewed September 17, 2012

Have heard a LOT of mixed reviews on this restaurant, and was a bit "iffy" on actually going. But boy am I glad I did.
Food was exceptional, atmostphere was fantastic, service was great. Darwin hasn't got many nice restaurants, so when you find one............
the highlight to the night waqs dessert, OMFG; Orange Chilly Panacotta. blew me away.
another quirky thing was the loo's. high tech, but be sure you "press for privacy" button before you drop them.
Now, the owner is the contraversal man that charges you "thongage" if you ware thongs to his restaurant, and so he should. I'm a Territorian girl through & through, but it is nice to sit in a fancy restaurant dress up to the nines and not have to sit next to some 'bloke' in stubbies & double plugga's. seriously guys, if you want to wear this out for dinner, go to the pub.

Reviewed August 11, 2012 via mobile

The food is great is the service is pretty good. The owner is an arrogant old local who provides good food and if you dint like hi place you can leave - I personally love that attitude and would go back over and over! We asked about taking a birthday cake only to be told that they make them there and why should he pay his staff to stay back and serve cake that was brought elsewhere. Fair call I say and they made us a delicious cake! Love it!

Reviewed August 2, 2012

Tramontana is a unique dining experience. We love the restaurant decor which is quirky and fun, a bit like the owner Mr Spellman. My family and I have dined here many times and keep coming back for the outstanding food and service we have received. The menu changes quite often, and the love and passion that goes into the food is always evident. They have a good wine list and coffee is always nice there too. Darwin needs a classy fine dining restaurant and that's exactly what Tramontana is. This restaurant is pitched at people who enjoy paying for fine food, and who are prepared to dress up for the occasion in Darwin. As long as Tramontana stays in Darwin, we are more than happy to give them our business.