“My Friends Kitchen”

Cuisines: Vietnamese
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed October 17, 2012

An unpretentious little Vietnamese restaurant in the heart of the city
Good food, friendly staff,clean but basic, the old adage what you see is what you get
Bonus point you can take your own wine but of course there is corkage to consider
By the time you pay that and have one course it's still $25 dollar per head though, why is Darwin so expensive? never mind quick in and out a glass of wine or two with friends you won't be disappointed

1  Thank Simon0101

Reviewed October 11, 2012

Overall it was an uneventful experience.
The food arrived nice and quick and the food was freshly prepared. The food is quite blance and the service was simply take the order and bring the food - no wow factor.
Not much more to say other then if you want authentic Vietnamese, you'll need to go elsewhere.

Reviewed October 5, 2012

We were very impressed with the food at My Friends Kitchen. The sesame prawn toast was very different to what we are used to, but absolutely delicious. We both had the pork chop with egg on rice. It was great, up to the standard we expect in Melbourne. Friendly service and very reasonably priced.

1  Thank waughsl
Reviewed June 1, 2012

I had the vermicelli and lemongrass beef, a staple of Vietnamese food that I've had in many places before. It was bland tasting and the portion was not very generous at all. Very disappointed as I was expecting a simple, affordable, yet satisfying experience.

Reviewed May 12, 2012

Extensive Vietnamese menu, charming service, good cooking, very clean, excellent value. Concur with other comments about mild food, but I suggest just ask.

1  Thank Taxidhi