“Delicious food & great service!”
Review of Eat at Martins

Eat at Martins
Ranked #106 of 397 Restaurants in Darwin
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed August 23, 2013

Great place to be! The food was superb and so well presented on the plate. No matter what you order, everything is freshly made in their kitchen. That is goo to see. Service was spot on. Very friendly staff. I will go back there again to try their lentil soup, it looked rather inviting at my next door table.
And also they make great coffee!
I strongly recommend it. It is a place not to be missed while you are in Darwin. You will not be disappointed!

1  Thank Dominique B

Reviewed May 17, 2013

My husband will often say it's not a real plate of food unless it's good meat on it, I admit I often feel the same, but looking at how much meat per person we now consume I try and have at least a couple of days a week with only veggies.

Travelling around doing work with a bunch of crew and our local contact recommended this spot for lunch, driving into what looked like an industrial estate area I thought - really? But lo and behold a vegetarian extravaganza was on offer. Really beautiful food, lovely service (although would be nice if the glasses for the water were cold or at least room temperature not boiling hot, probably more just bad luck as they'd just been cleaned).
I had the bali pumpkin curry and it was delicious, our producer had the vegan salad and wow - thats a salad! not those wimpy a few lettuce leaves on a plate jobs - pumpkin, beans, tomato, cucumber, pepper an abundance of delicious healthy and TASTY food.

if I'm back in Darwin I'll definitely be eating here again.

1  Thank rdesain
Reviewed April 30, 2013

Martins has great food and service. My friends and I regularly meet for breakfast in this 'industrial chic' part of town. Love it.

Reviewed March 19, 2013

This is a cute little place with an experience offered that belies its exterior promise. I am a darwin local, always looking to try new things out of the limited (but often fantastic) places on offer, and the first time I came here (a while back now) I was a little hesitant- hot carpark, featureless building etc. But push past that to find a little (teeny) sanctuary!

Lovely fresh vegetarian food, even as a non vego I appreciate the flavours and massive serving sizes- the Bircher muesli is TO DIE FOR. Fresh and amazing, I order it most times, only occasionally stepping out to have a meal more suited to lunch etc! Drinks are nice and fresh, definitely worth visiting here- just beware, the shop is closed sundays and from 3pm every day.

One thing to note is that this place is much better on a quiet day- not when it is packed with weekend crowds- the coffees deteriorate as does the service. And perhaps people are a little put off by the owner, but it is his no nonsense attitude that has managed to make such a little place do so well ina tough market like Darwin, take him with a grain of salt! Overall a great little place for a casual brunch or tasty lunch, you can take away the lovely food too which is definitely a plus.

1  Thank Amy S
Reviewed December 30, 2012

Have been going here on and off for years. Excellent value and huge portions. Mango lassi's are to die for as most of the food here. Food is always fresh and although not vegetarians, we appreciate the simple, yet very tasty meals. The Bali curry is excellent.