“Delicious and fresh”

Cuisines: Greek
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed June 13, 2012

I love Greek food and Manolis has never let me down. They have a good variety of classic Greek dishes, everything is very fresh and the staff is very nice and helpful when asked info about the various meals. Desserts were fantastic, all homemade by the owner's wife. The only thing missing is a 'sample menu' where you can have a taste of the most popular dishes of the menu - I have seen this option at a few other Greek Restaurants and I think it's a good idea. Ordering a variety of dishes to taste at Manolis without a sample menu can end up a bit expensive but generally meals are reasonably priced and the quality and taste definitely make it worth it!

There are newer reviews for Manolis Greek Taverna

Reviewed June 10, 2012

We'd heard a lot about Manoli's so our expectations may have been high. Certainly the restaurant had a nice feeling and the young waitresses did an excellent job. The saganaki grilled cheese was excellent but the food went downhill from there. We tried the special - scallops fried with ouzo - nope, the flavours just didn't go together. The meatballs in tomato sauce needed some oomph with some herbs or spices. The grilled octopus was nice but it was quite bland and might have been OK if the other dishes had more flavour. Sorry Manolis but we won't be rushing back.

1  Thank 07sistas
Reviewed June 2, 2012

We have dined at Manolis 4-5 times and each time the food has been great. My husband raves about the seafood, I love all the lamb dishes, the vegetables are always delicious and the salads good. One night there was a large Greek family gathering for the matriarchs birthday. The guitarist sang lots of crowd favorites, and we expected to step outside onto a Greek Island!

Reviewed May 23, 2012

4 of us (2 couples) visiting NT from WA for a couple of weeks, and we are complete NT restaurant virgins. We asked the manager of the place where we were staying where is a nice, unpretentious place for a meal. He recommended Manoli's. So off we went.

For our shared entree, we ordered saganaki cheese balls (a taste and salt sensation) and the okra, which was delicious.

We shared our mains, which consisted of the sardines, chargrilled octopus, chicken souvlakia, char grilled lamb chops and a Greek salad. Now I'm not a fan of sardines, but the 2 who sampled them said they were the best sadines they have ever tasted, and they are not easily impressed! The octopus was perfectly cooked and was beautifully tender and tasty. The chicken was almost falling off the skewer, it was melt in the mouth stuff. The 4 lamb chops were cooked to perfection, but were a little bland to my palate.

We decided to round off the night with 2 shared desserts. So a baklava and a dessert whose names escapes me, but was described on the menu as "unexplainable" was ordered. The baklava was the biggest and deepest piece of baklava I have ever seen, and the "unexplainable" was a delicious combination of fresh cream, custard and a thin layer of pastry. At $9.50 for each dessert, value for money was VERY wanting, but in terms of flavour they were both sublime.

They are fully licenced.

2  Thank GreeneeWA
Reviewed May 9, 2012

What a cute little place! We went here for my friend birthday and it was great. I have been to Greece before and it was just like sitting in a restaraunt in Santorini or Athens!
The food was great! We shared mussels, squid and swordfish for mains and dips to start! It was too much for us 3 girls!! The prices were great and were followed with a brilliant smile from our waitress!