“Croc Cruise”

Spectacular Jumping Crocodile Cruise
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: SPECTACULAR JUMPING CROCODILE CRUISE is the best possible way to be a witness to the natural jumping behaviour of these amazing Australian Saltwater Crocodiles. Our cruises operate four times daily at 9am, 11am, 1pm and 3pm. Each one hour cruise will amaze you with how close in proximity you are to these wild animals and provide you with invaluable information about the intriguing Saltwater Crocodile. At Spectacular Jumping Crocodile Cruises our passion for these animals is clearly evident.
Reviewed January 12, 2013

Have been on this cruise a few times and have always loved it! But I must admit my last trip was bit of a disappointment...$40 for an hour and the best part were the birds rather than the crocs! Great for the tourists, but gets a bit old for the locals. Overall a easy drive and a nice day out!

All reviews
"sea eagles"
"top end"
in 35 reviews

Reviewed January 7, 2013

I've lived in the NT for 10 years so please take it from me and DON'T book the Spectacular Jumping Croc Cruise! I have always taken visitors to the Adelaide River Queen Cruise and it has been amazing. Yesterday (7 January 2013) they were closed so I took my visitors from New York to the Spectacular Jumping Crocodile cruise. While we did see crocs, I was absolutely horrified and embarrassed by the boat captain's attitude to the customers. The Captain (who is also the tour manager so who does one complain to?!) was scare mongering and told us that if we all ran to one side of the boat it would tip over and he only had two life jackets on board which he would give to the crew and the rest of us would become crocodile food! There was only 20 people on the cruise so I very much doubt we could have caused the boat to tip over! As the reviewer below states (we must have both been on the same cruise) he called all of us "stupid idiots" and said he had to "put up with our cr*p everyday". He referred to a poor man standing in the middle of the boat as a "smart ar*e in the blue shirt". I was and still am ropable. I will be telling every Territorian I know about this experience and sending all of the business to the Adelaide River Queen Cruise. The guides on the Adelaide River Queen Cruises have names for the crocs and respect them. The Spectacular Jumping Croc Cruise captain referred to crocs as fat, lazy creatures. This person clearly should not be in the tourist industry. I apologise to anyone who experienced that cruise yesterday and sadly the reviews on trip advisor suggest that his behaviour is often like this.

9  Thank BubbleGirl13
Reviewed January 7, 2013

We went on the spectacular jumping crocodile cruise only to be thoroughly amazed not by the crocodiles but the sheer rudeness of the captain. We did not pay 35dollars each to be hurled abuse at. The captain who said it was important to remain on one side of the boat only needed to give a polite reminder to customers, however he decided it was acceptable to rant for 5mins, call everyone on the boat 'stupid idiots' and single out one tourist who had done nothing wrong a 'smartarse'. As visitors from overseas he gave us an awful impression of the tourist industry in australia - saying that he has to deal with this crap everyday. This unnecessary outburst completely spoilt what could have been a lovely experience. I recommend anyone considering this cruise to choose another company!

6  Thank Handb89
Reviewed December 11, 2012

The trip on the river lasted just over an hour, but all I can say is that is the most exciting and most memorable hour we have spent in ages!!

We must have seen around 5-8 large crocodiles jumping up out of the water within a metre of where we were sitting on the boat.

The crew are very skilful in spotting the crocodiles and whilst they "play" with them by taunting the line with the meat dangling right in front of their eyes, there is a good balance between man and wild animal and the crocs are rewarded for their efforts with the dangling food.

We are in our mid 40's and 50's and we found this exciting with lots of wow factor. Any age of person cannot fail to be amazed by the size and ability of these crocs to jump so high out of the water! This is a great trip for adults and kids alike.

The skipper of the boat offered commentary throughout the trip, some of which was humorous, but also a lot of good knowlegable information that we found interesting and informative.

We were on an organised tour that provided bottled water, rather than the operators of the river boat, so do remember to bring cold drinks with you, and make sure you have lots of battery power left on your camera as you'll be taking a lot of snaps and video clips on this trip.

You can sit inside downstairs or on the covered deck upstairs. Clearly if you sit downstairs (no air-con but good fans blowing) you get a side-byside view of the crocs feeding and jumping up, where-as if you are upstairs you will be looking down into the jaws of the jumping crocs. It's hard to tell which is the better place to watch the views from, but we were not disappointed with our views from the inside deck downstairs.

As the boat approaches the crocodiles you are told to stay in your seat, and the skipper and helper spends time teasing the crocodile on one side of the boat, then after a few minutes, he turns the boat round so the people on the other side of the boat get the same experience.

Even sitting on the opposite side to where the crocs were, you could still see the crocodile jump up to head height of the passengers on the other side of the boat, it was quite awesome to see past the heads of the passengers and see this mighty croc jumping up adjacent to their windows!

We did this trip just over 2 weeks again, and I would happily pay to see it all over again in a hearbeat - a great, exciting trip!!!!!