“One of the Best in Darwin!”
Review of il lido - CLOSED

il lido
Cuisines: Australian
Good for: Large groups, Scenic view, Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Located at the Darwin Waterfront, il lido offers sweeping views over the Darwin Convention Centre, wave pool, lagoon, Stokes Hill wharf and to the harbour beyond. There are numerous areas you can choose from, dependent on numbers and all offer something unique and memorable. From casual and informal through to elegant and prestigious our friendly team will look after your needs. Specialising in freshly-plated contemporary Australian cuisine, il lido's a la carte menu offers innovative meals crafted by a passionate team of chefs. Or relax in our modern tapas lounge offering great share plates, wine, cocktails and good times.We welcome you to try our new menu, open for lunch and dinner 7 days
Houston, Texas
“One of the Best in Darwin!”
Reviewed January 12, 2013

We have only been in Darwin for a few months, so we haven't hit all the restaurants that Darwin has to offer, but I have to say that Il Lido is one of our favourites. I'm not sure what I expected, but I was definitely pleasantly surprised. The staff was welcoming and attentive and the food was superb. We sat inside in a small booth which was comfortable, roomy, and intimate. Some restaurants try to crowd as many tables into a space as possible and that makes your meal a lot less intimate and noisy. We will be regulars here In no time, I'm sure. Try the veal cutlet. Absolutely wonderful!!! Do yourself a favour and check this place out.

• Visited January 2013

“Food was some of the best I have eaten ever, and I consider myself a food snob.”
Reviewed January 7, 2013

Food was some of the best I have eaten ever, and I consider myself a food snob. Food was divine. I told the waiters that the chef was gold. Service was excellent. We went back three times during our week in Darwin.

Darwin, Australia
“Awful”
Reviewed January 5, 2013

Il Lido was dreadful from the moment we asked for a table. The waitstaff made us feel unwelcome and rushed, even though the restaurant was empty during a peak time.
The coffee was bitter, lukewarm and expensive; not even two sugars could save it.
The food was overpriced and utterly sub-par. We each ordered different meals but all left feeling unwell; if the restaurant is going to have an open kitchen, the chef should not be actively unsanitary.
This restaurant relies on its location for business, as it has nothing else going for it.

• Visited January 2013
4 Thank jasminela
illidodarwin, Owner at il lido, responded to this review, January 10, 2013
We are disappointed you have had an unenjoyable experience here at il lido. We pride ourselves on ensuring our service delivery, coffee and food is of a high standard. We are shocked to hear you left feeling unwell and find our pizza kitchen unsanitary. We are screened through the Northern Territory department of health on a very basis with a positive record. Did you manage to speak to a Manager or Supervisor before you departed the restaurant? Please if you wish to discuss further, I am contactable through hr@illidodarwin.com.au. Provide you details and I can personally contact you back.

Darwin
“Underwhelming”
Reviewed January 3, 2013

Prime waterfront location with well designed alfresco and separate bar area. Great view of the ships at Stokes Hill Wharf. Well lit, big spacey room. Nice and noisy like all Italian resturaunts should be, extensive wine list, menu reads really well and the staff were really friendly, but sadly that's where it all ends. I have been to this venue 3 times in the last 6 months and I have always walked away dissapointed. On all occassions there were just as many staff as customers (if you include all the chefs in the open pizza kitchen) yet it takes forever for someone to come over and take a drink order and then another long wait for the drinks to be delivered. The pasta dishes were tepid on each occassion, the pizza soggy in the middle, bruschetta was okay. How such a large licenced venue managed to open without its own toilets is a mystery. One must walk about 50 meters down the back of the building exposed to torrential rain to use public toilets which are always a mess. I have given it 3 chances now. I won't be rushing back. So much potential to really lead the pack but seems content with mediocrity.

• Visited December 2012
4 Thank MatronDarwin
illidodarwin, Owner at il lido, responded to this review, January 10, 2013
Thank you sincerely for your extensive comments. We are very proud of our location and venue and are constantly striving to perform on all levels to ensure we exceed our customers’ expectations on service and food quality. The issues you encountered have been discussed with our Chefs and major changes are currently happening with our team to continue to deliver the type of customer service that leaves you wanting to return. The restroom location is unfortunately out of our control, however after recent observation; we have requested the amenities be serviced more regularly.

Darwin, Australia
“Work Christmas function”
Reviewed January 3, 2013

The meals were way overpriced for what you got. One member of our party ordered a steak but it was full of gristle and he only got to eat a few bites. The "salad" and vegies are almost non existant. Will not rush back.

Visited December 2012
2 Thank Donna8990
illidodarwin, Owner at il lido, responded to this review, January 10, 2013
Thank you for your feedback. We believe we have great value for money and our number one priority is to ensure our customers leave not only satisfied but extremely content with their experience and excited about returning. We have discussed your issues with our Chef and he is disappointed you received a piece of steak such as this, as our steak is aged for 24 days and is top grade A angus beef, recently we have changed the cut and preparation to reduce the fat served with the meat.