“Should be much better than is” 2 of 5 bubbles
Review of il Piatto

il Piatto
Ranked #54 of 358 Restaurants in Darwin
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza, Seafood, Australian
Good for: Local cuisine, Scenic view, Families with children, Business meetings, Special occasions, Large groups, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Darwin, Australia
“Should be much better than is”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 15, 2014

Yet again I was disappointed with this restaurant from the quality of my dinner to the average service. There were 6 of us celebrating my daughters birthday. We are locals and thought lets give this restaurant another try, maybe it has changed, I was wrong.
The lamb sounded great yet was tough with lots of sinew and my prawn entree had a piece of stale white bread on the side. The waitress was nice though unfamiliar with the menu and seemed to not understand my daughters requests as her meal was wrong. I have to say two of us were happy with their meals. I am not that fussy but if you go to a nice restaurant where you pay higher prices I do expect decent food and service. I will never recommend this restaurant or go back ever again.

• Visited March 2014

Darwin
“Great food and service”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 13, 2014

Wonderful attentive service, extensive menu and lovely food! Can't fault anything and the prices were better than reasonable. Can't wait to go again.

• Visited March 2014
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
“Just average”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 13, 2014

Not too much good to say about this place....food average...I had steak...could have been fresher.. .service ok...

• Visited February 2014
“And again!!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 15, 2014 via mobile

Thought I would try this restaurant after the last time there went so bad, but some things never change. Breakfast there with a couple of family members, wait to be seated was a bit long without any sort of recognition anyone had even noticed us. Seated at table, about half the tables full this morning. Ordered 3 savoury meals and 3 sweet meals and asked for them to be brought out about 10 min after first meal done. We had to ask for sugar, then salt and pepper and also water despite other tables around us getting offered fresh ground pepper and refilled water bottles. When first plate bought out waitstaff said do you want all? I again said no I've asked for it to be about 10 min after please. Finished first meal and waited for plates to be cleared, about 15 min, no one asked if we wanted any more drinks so I waved down a staff member and ordered another coffee. One hour later I asked for our bill and to cancel rest of order. When I went to pay I again asked for it to be cancelled , to be told its coming. I said is it ready now and she said no making it now. I was told very busy day and need time to make items. I said that we were not looked after at all, had to ask for everything, no salt, pepper, water refills offered and was just not waiting any longer. This is now the third time in a row I have been disappointed here so will def not be back.

Visited February 2014
“Good as always”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 31, 2014

Went there with a friend about 2 weeks ago. Enjoyed the food and the service throughly. Went there after 2 years. I am not sure if it is true or I am imagining this but the menu has gone ??smaller.

• Visited January 2014