“It truly is unknown heaven...”

Bawaka Cultural Experience - Day Tours
Ranked #67 of 101 Tours in Darwin
Reviewed April 12, 2013

I was fortunate to take a short trip to the Yolngu homeland of Bawaka, a couple of hours drive south of Nhulunbuy in North east Arnhem Land. I truly felt like I became part of the family. The location is absolutely stunning and the insight into Yolngu Aboriginal culture left me wanting to come back again and again. For anyone that wants to get a glimpse of what authentic Aboriginal culture is all about, this is it.

2  Thank nigel_malone_two_dog

Reviewed December 2, 2012

My husband and I were lucky enough to spend a night at this beautiful place. The local people were very accommodating showed us the traditional way of fishing, weaving. Would certainly recommend to anyone who wants a magical experience. I took a few gifts (toys) for the children which were appreciated.

3  Thank Shirl071