“Thanks Tess...” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Northern Territory Indigenous Day Tours

Northern Territory Indigenous Day Tours
Ranked #19 of 94 Tours in Darwin
More attraction details
Owner description: Learn the real story. Northern Territory Indigenous Tours’ owner, guide and former park ranger, Tess Atie, offers generations of knowledge about the Top End and outback on these unique indigenous tours. Aboriginal guided day trips to Territory Wildlife Park, Woolaning Spring and Litchfield National Park depart from your Darwin hotel every day. Tess invites you to experience inspiration, education and adventure in comfort and safety on her family's rugged and beautiful country.
Queensland, Australia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Thanks Tess...”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 17, 2013

for a wonderful tour to Litchfield National Park 21 October 2013. Your hospitality, your stories and conversation made for a memorable day. Marianne.

Visited October 2013

Perth, Australia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“Great Experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 10, 2013

I had visited Litchfield previously but this tour takes you on a whole different journey and is well worth the cost. Tess is such a delightful person and shares her immense knowledge of the area as well as her family history and customs. We experienced so much, from having our lunch cooked at Tess's place by the water to enjoying termite mounds. I would definitely recommend this as the tour of choice to the Litchfield area.

Visited October 2013
Tess A, Owner at Northern Territory Indigenous Day Tours, responded to this review, October 20, 2013
Thanks so much for your lovely words Kerry. I do aim to give my guests a great depth of understanding of the region, and to do that I draw on my and my family's very long experience in, and connections with, the area. I am so glad you took it all in!
Alexandra Headland
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Beyond Expectations”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 2, 2013

My Partner and I joined the Indigenous Tour to Litchfield National Park last weekend, with Tess who owns and runs the tour.
There are other tours running to Litchfield and although this one is not the cheapest we have to say well worth the money. She only takes small numbers in her tours. From the moment Tess shakes your hand and gives you a beautiful smile you know you're in good hands. She is full of local information and wonderful stories about her indigenous life. She cooked us a nice lunch on her property and made us feel like a great friend throughout the whole journey. We had lots of laughs as well, Tess is a character but this all added to a very educational fun day.
A must do, when in Darwin.

Visited September 2013
Tess A, Owner at Northern Territory Indigenous Day Tours, responded to this review, October 5, 2013
Thank you Pam for your lovely review. As you have noted we are not the cheapest as we don't have the economies of scale of the bigger companies, but we aim to provide the best value for money by offering so much more. Thank you again for coming on my tour.
Sydney, Australia
“Personal, inspiring and engaging!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 30, 2013

This was a fantastic tour and one I value for a few reasons! First, taking a tour with Tess is like having a conversation with a long-lost friend. She welcomes you into her world as you get an intimate and personal experience of her life, family, country and culture. Second, Tess is more than willing to engage and converse with you about anything...so be prepared to ask questions!! This is a privilege as you feel you are not restricted by a guided script...the tour is a two-way exchange and thus is also as great as what you make it! Third, it's flexible...so you can collaboratively discuss if you'd like to stay longer at one particular place or not. Finally, the lunch was amazing...freshly cooked and caught Barra and Kangaroo surrounded by beautiful country and filled with many stories!! Thank-you!

Visited September 2013
Wow, thank you so much for these words, Laura, you've expressed what our tours are about so well. Yes I am very keen that our tours are as interactive as possible and to my future guests: don't be afraid to ask anything, even uncomfortable questions. We will not be offended and will answer and discuss them as honestly as we can during our day together.
Alice Springs, Australia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Amazing”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 28, 2013

I learn so much with Tess,she is very proud of her heritage , and because she is a very good storyteller she pas on the knowledge of her people in a very easy way
The lunch was a delight

Visited November 2012
Thank you Evelyne for your lovely and succinct review. We try to ensure our guests learn the real story of the area.