“Tess-t-monial”

Northern Territory Indigenous Day Tours
Ranked #9 of 101 Tours in Darwin
More attraction details
Owner description: Learn the real story. Northern Territory Indigenous Tours’ owner, guide and former park ranger, Tess Atie, offers generations of knowledge about the Top End and outback on these unique indigenous tours. Aboriginal guided day trips to Territory Wildlife Park, Woolaning Spring and Litchfield National Park depart from your Darwin hotel every day. Tess invites you to experience inspiration, education and adventure in comfort and safety on her family's rugged and beautiful country.
Reviewed July 6, 2012

Tess picked us up from the hotel in her 'top of the line' 4WD. She immediately made us feel like we were part of the family and with two new friends we set out on our personalised tour. She shared her knowledge of the land and her family, of fauna and flora and mythical creatures. I felt at ease to ask questions about her culture and received answers that for me, were long overdue. We played in waterfalls, lunched at grandads and we were totally inspired by this gifted teacher.
PS The campfire coffe was the best.

Management response:Responded July 12, 2012

Thank you Dale for your tess-t-monial! I was the one who was privileged to enjoy your company. I hope you've been inspired. Thank you so much.

All reviews
in 3 reviews
"booked this tour"
in 5 reviews

Reviewed July 2, 2012

If you think that seeing a place is as much about people as it is about places, then this is the tour for you! We had the pleasure of sharing the day with Tess and her husband Greg. Both had a wealth of knowledge about the area and were willing and able to share it. I didn't feel like I was an outsider coming in to see a strangers land. I felt like I was welcomed into a friend's home. What a wonderful, uplifting experience.

Management response:Responded July 12, 2012

Thanks Jan. As a friend, you are welcome anytime. Thank you for you and your father coming along. I felt blessed and privileged to be in your company and for sharing your stories.

Reviewed June 30, 2012

This was just a top day, I did'nt feel like a tourist at all. Tess is friendly and open - a great lady. Happy to answer all those questions we hesitate to ask about our Indigenous Australians. Sitting in the stream on her grandfathers property was just perfect. Great coffee brewed on the open fire. Thank you Tess.

Management response:Responded July 12, 2012

Thanks for your comments Jenni. You were not a tourist, you were one of my important guests! I was glad to be able to discuss those things with you and introduce you to Grandpa's tranquil spring-fed stream away from the rushing buses and noisy throngs.

Reviewed June 19, 2012

Tess, what an inspiring woman! Passionate, visionary, bubbling with life and love of her country. Tess imparted a view of Litchfield through different eyes, her eyes; not the eyes of a tourist who just accept what the ranger says. I was humbled and privileged to be part of this small and intimate tour group of 6. A perfect number for such exploration. Time at Florence and Wangi Falls was balanced with a special time at her own country; felt the peace and tranquility. The coffee 'cooked' on the open fire was a taste sensation! No instant powder here!! Learned a lot about Aboriginal connection to the land; we all need that. Thanks Tess and may you and Greg be abundantly blessed with more that you thought possible!

Management response:Responded July 12, 2012

Thank you so much Jan for your wonderful comments. I feel blessed to be able to take people such as yourself to appreciate and learn. I hope this experience will stay in your heart and inspire others. Thank you again.

See more reviews
Reviewed June 15, 2012

Tess had her heart totally in the job, providing an enjoyable, informative day. Knowledge of the area- its plant and animal life (and how to cook, or not ) very informative. Small group, no rushing around the beautiful Litchfield National Park- it was at a pace for appreciation - , kangaroo, barramundi & croc BBQ lunch at Tess' tranquil Woolaning Spring tasty.

Management response:Responded July 12, 2012

Thank you so much for your review. I enjoyed your company. I do appreciate that my guests come to learn about my country and I try to create the comfortable and relaxed atmosphere that will make the experience one they will always remember.