“Very enjoyable”

and up
Cage of Death at Darwin's Crocosaurus Cove
Ranked #12 of 121 things to do in Darwin
More attraction details
Owner description: Crocosaurus Cove allows visitors a unique, up close and personal view of massive saltwater crocodiles, crocodile hatchlings, juveniles as well as being home to the World’s largest display of Australian reptiles and the famous Cage of Death. The Cage of Death is the only cage in the world that brings you face to face with some of the largest Saltwater Crocodiles in captivity. Remember to bring your bathers and ‘Swim with the Crocs’ in our unique swimming area that allows you to get up close to our very active juveniles. Don’t miss the chance to feed these hungry juveniles as part of our latest attraction, "fishing for crocs" ...this is a photo opportunity not to be missed. Meet the reptiles and learn more about the Top End’s unique and favourite critters such as Western Bearded Dragons and Olive Pythons. Check out the barramundi in our 200,000 litre freshwater aquarium and don’t forget our gorgeous top end turtle enclosure. All this and a daily program of fun & interactive reptile activities await you at Crocosaurus Cove, in the heart of Darwin City.
Houston, Texas
128 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 53 helpful votes
“Very enjoyable”
Reviewed February 4, 2014

To be honest, I decided to visit to kill time before departure as my hotel was close. I was pleasantly surprised at how interesting it was. I loved feeding time and seeing people go down in a cage with the crocs. I stroked a baby croc. A very enjoyable experience. I stayed a lot longer than I thought that I would.

Visited October 2013
1 Thank LJV1515

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
Qld
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“Great place and value for money”
Reviewed January 30, 2014

We went on a Sunday in the wet season and found it fantastic. We spent 3 hours here but could have spent longer. The shows are really informative and the kids loved holding the baby crocodile as well as the snakes and lizards which is all included in the price. The highlight for the kids was swimming in the tank next to the smaller crocodiles so that from the outside it looks like they are all in together. This is also free you just have to remember to take your swimmers and a towel. There are showers for afterwards too.

We have just moved to Darwin and with a local drivers licence were able to get a locals pass at no extra cost which allows us to return as much as we like for one year. We will definitely be back.

Visited January 2014
1 Thank FamilyTravellerQld
Bluff, Australia
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 17 helpful votes
“Interesting”
Reviewed January 29, 2014

It was raining when we were there so didn't stay long will go back again and do some of the activities offered

Visited January 2014
Darwin, Australia
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 17 helpful votes
“Kids paradise”
Reviewed January 19, 2014

We love this place. My 2 year old loves spending 2 or 3 hours here at least once a month. He loves the lizards and snakes rooms which is air conditioned so a great place to cool off. They do handling so you can wear a snake around your neck or hold and pat a lizard. The croc's water is clean so you can see them. The tanks have side windows which allow you to get a different angle of them. There is a little swimming tank there with baby crocs swimming behind. A glass window separates you. You can take pics which look like you are swimming with them. All in all a great place to see a croc in the middle of town.

Visited September 2013
San Miguel de Allende, Mexico
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“Up Close And Personal With Dinosaurs”
Reviewed January 3, 2014

If you do one thing in Darwin, visit Croc Cove. It's perfectly situated in the heart of downtown, and is more fun than you can throw a boomerang at. I thought I knew how big saltwater crocs were. But seeing 'Chopper' up close and personal in the brilliant 'Cage of Death,' I had to think again. They are enormous, and to get so close to something that hasn't changed since the dinosaurs was truly a unique experience. Seeing the younger crocs jumping out of the water in the 'Fishing for Crocs' section was a fun sight too, and the kid within me loved every minute. With a huge collection of snakes and reptiles to observe, and with a very friendly and knowledgeable staff at hand, Croc Cove is a great few hours out for all the family. And, do 'The Cage,' you won't regret it.

Visited December 2013