“Excellent Apartment good position”

Argus Apartments Darwin
Ranked #5 of 47 Specialty Lodging in Darwin
Sydney
“Excellent Apartment good position”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 23, 2013

We stayed for one night in a water view 3 bed apartment (but 2 bedrooms locked off).
The apartments are very large with big kitchen lounge dinning area where you could easily accommodate 6 people.
Furniture excellent, kitchen has everything. A large lounge, fans and air-con. Full laundry with clothes dryer all excellent.
TV in bedroom, large en-suite and additional powder room. Bedroom had queen size bed --very comfortable.
The apartment was spotless the staff were extremely helpful with restaurant bookings etc.
Woolworths within walking distance and breakfast cafe's a block away.
PS: Excellent Restaurant "Tramontana" 2 minutes walk expensive but very good.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (68)
Mornington, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 8, 2013

We stayed for 10 nights in a 3BDR taken as a 2BR - very spacious - excellent staff from front of house to cleaning girls. Facilitiers were very good, beds and towels changed every day, plus coffe tea, and also tissues replaced when box empty. We booked 2 tiours through them at no cost and they were helpful on what tours were the best. My wife wanted to take the unit home and put it on the next door block.

Room Tip: Pay a bit more and get good views of the wharf area.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Perth, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 6, 2013

We stayed at Argus for a week in June and were so impressed. From the moment we walked into reception on arrival until we left, Lindy and all her staff were welcoming, friendly and so helpful. We were amazed by the size of the apartment and balcony. Everything we needed was there - dishwasher, washing machine, airer, iron and ironing board, well appointed kitchen and comfortable bed. Two wardrobes in the bedroom gave us lots of space and the bathroom was large and had really good towels and hairdryer - a rarity. The apartment had both air conditioning and fans and we found that the fans with doors open in the evenings were sufficient to keep cool. We didn't use the BBQ area but the pool was welcome. Location is great - 5 minutes walk to the supermarket, the bus terminus, the Mall and about 25 minutes to the Waterfront. Although we had a car, we found we could walk or use the bus to move around Darwin from the apartments. Parking is convenient and secure. Staff were knowledgeable about Darwin and happy to give advice - they will offer all options but won't offer an opinion on any activity, tour or place unless one of the staff has personal experience, which is great. They are happy to book tours if requested. Reception is open 24 hours and the newspaper is available from very early morning. We would highly recommend Argus Apartments.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Gwen008
Brisbane, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 30, 2013

Considering the top notch price for these apartments (we stayed in the Penthouse) the property was relativity unimpressive. Very large and with plenty of room for entertaining the apartment seemed to be logically at odds, I feel like no one over saw the design or lay out of this apartment.

The master bedroom had no windows. It's a long thin room which becomes a noisy wind tunnel when the air conditioning is on, which it is constantly because the room has no natural ventilation.
Although the property caters to 8 guest, all of the table setting are for a maximum of 6 people.
We had to speak to reception to get salt and pepper for the kitchen. The kitchen itself is very under stocked with necessities, hardly a full self catering kitchen.

The views are exceptional and it's a very good location but I felt the facilities were not worthy of the price tag.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
LindyGibson, General Manager at Argus Apartments Darwin, responded to this review, July 3, 2013
Dear Talzir

I am sorry that you did not find the penthouse to your liking during your recent stay. As you are aware the apartments contain 4 bedrooms and three bathrooms and although the designs slightly differ the 580sqm floor space is good for a family holiday.

We are in the process of refurbishing our Penthouse and water view apartments and we are happy to listen to any feedback in order to improve or provide additional items whenever requested.

On a positive note your feedback on the fantastic view that our level 9 penthouses is welcoming.

I wish you safe travels.

Regards
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 17, 2013

I have stayed at Argus a few times now, and I must say, it never disappoints. The apartments themselves are always spacious, the beds are so comfortable, and the rooms are always clean. The staff are fantastic and are always willing to help you with anything, whether it be recommending day trips,restaurants or organising transport for you, you name it they are always on the ball. The general manager Lindy, is always a treat to speak to when I see her and always makes time to greet her guests. And Miss Vicky is always smiling and always very helpful with whatever information or help I have needed, when I have stayed there. I definitely would recommend Argus as the place to stay while in Darwin.

• Stayed June 2013
Dear Liberati

I would like to thank you for your positive comments on our apartments.

We continue to work hard as we are very genuine in the outcome we want to achieve for our guests no matter if your visit is for work or a holiday.

We hope you have the opportunity to visit the Top End again soon as there is certainly lots of unique things to experience.

Regards
Darwin, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 17, 2013

My Family and I stayed at argus Apartments and were made to feel so welcome not only by reception staff the General Manager went out of her way to make our stay so special and enjoyable , nothing was to much trouble . The apartments were sparlking clean and beautiful .Not only will my family be staying here again we have recommended Argus to all our friends who travel to darwin often for work .I would highly recommend Argus to all that travel to Darwin .

bairnsdale
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 12, 2013

we stayed at this apartment in the start of June and to say I was bitterly disappointed is an understatement, on opening the front door to the apartment and putting our belongings down, we proceeded to have a look around, the bench tops are heavily marked with what looks like hot mugs being placed on them and burning the imprint into the bench which looks terrible, not the resorts fault but change the tops to better wearing, then the floor of the kitchen had something spilt all over it and had not been cleaned up, then into the bathroom, I was disgusted, there was black mould everywhere, on the floor, walls and even the ceilings, the floors in the toilet and laundry were dirty, I rang the front desk and spoke to the duty manager and he came and had a look and then sent the cleaners in, I proceeded to show them the problem and they went about cleaning, not at any time was I rude in anyway, then a woman came to the door whilst the cleaners were there, she was the manager ( Linda ) I don't think I have met a ruder woman, she disagreed with everything I said, raised her voice to me, talked over me even though I proved to her what I was talking about.very aggressive , nasty piece of work, I felt sorry for the staff, not approachable at all, we found other problems but there was no way I was going to approach anyone, never slept at all the first night being so upset. The apartments are a great size and great views and very close to everything, the staff were great, but I would not hesitate to sack the manager, you can't run a place by bullying and stand over tactics , my family were disgusted, I would recommend you stay somewhere else , definitely not 4 star not even close, has the potential to be so much better. Very very upset.

2 Thank sharon070Bairnsdale
LindyGibson, General Manager at Argus Apartments Darwin, responded to this review, June 17, 2013
Dear Sharon

Despite your obvious disappointment, thank you for taking the time to give your feedback.

We can remember your stay so well as we take the time to get to know our guests so that we can offer them every opportunity for their stay that they may otherwise miss regardless if here for business or a holiday.

Our housekeeping staff work very hard and the apartment you stayed in was the last one that was spring cleaned in our twice yearly schedule of 58 apartments.

As you will now be aware due to our apartments being 220+ sqm in size they do take more than the average time to have ready for our next guest as they are much larger than any motel room. Unfortunately your arrival time to check in at 6.30am was not possible as the current guest would have still been sleeping and had a check out time of 10am.

Although you were disappointed at not getting immediate access, you and your family were offered the complimentary air conditioned guest lounge which contains TV, lounge area, reading materials, dining area, luggage storage, gym, swimming pool and kitchen facility with fridge plus tea and coffee making facilities.

We stored your luggage and offered you some information on local venues for breakfast and information on places of interest in the Darwin CBD whilst you all waited for your apartment.

I am sorry that you were disappointed that we could not ready your apartment prior to the advised check in time of 2pm and although you showed your disappointment on a number of occasions throughout the day we were happy to advise you that your apartment was ready on time.

Within a few minutes of attendance in your apartment, your request for our Duty Manager look at a few aspects that you were not happy with was attended to immediately. Although nothing could be seen that you described by him or our cleaning team including mould on the floors, walls and ceiling in the 2nd bathroom, he called housekeeping back to re-mop the bathroom and kitchen floor area for you which wthey were most happy to do.

As GM I attended your apartment to ensure that the situation you had reported had been duly addressed as it was a day off for our Housekeeping Manager. On entering the apartment I was greeted by yourself and saw our cleaning team scrubbing the bathroom floor in a frenzied manner. When I asked you what the issues were you proceeded to advise that the floor was not clean enough and you had several other areas and matters that required cleaning as they were disgusting.

I am certain that although there are some minor black marks evident in the run of the grout that there was no mould anywhere in the bathroom area. Although I am pleased to report that the floor was cleaner than clean with four housekeeping staff scrubbing it on their hands and knees for the second time in a few weeks.

An an extra measure to ensure your stay was as pleasant as possible, the Housekeeping Manager attended your apartment each day of your 5 day stay during daily servicing as housekeepers were not confident to do this on their own thinking their work was not sufficient.

Our staff are fantastic, happy and dedicated. 90% of them have work with myself and the owner for more than 2 years.

We are most appreciative to receive constructive comments as it helps us to improve and do the things that are the most important for our guests, however, I am unsure why you would suggest that anyone in our team including myself would be anything but professional.

I thank you again for your input and wish you and your family safe travels.

Kind Regards