“Worth the wait”

Evoo
Ranked #73 of 359 Restaurants in Darwin
Cuisines: Australian
Good for: Special occasions, Scenic view, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Full Bar, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Elegant | Exceptional | Equisite You will find EVOO nestled on the top floor of SKYCITY Darwin offering stunning, sweeping views of the Darwin CBD and Arafura Sea. The menu incorporates fresh, local and seasonal produce year round to ensure the highest quality and taste. Combining Australian and Mediterranean flavours EVOO creates a contemporary signature style that is sure to leave an impression. For the ultimate taste of EVOO we highly recommend indulging on the degustation menu which inlcudes accompanying premium wines. SKYCITY Darwin is also proud to announce that EVOO has been awarded a prestigious Age Good Food Guide ‘Chef Hat’. The annual and highly sought after awards saw Australia’s top restaurants considered for the list of 2016’s ‘hatted’ restaurants, among which was EVOO, the only Judges Choice winner in the Northern Territory.
Liverpool, United Kingdom
“Worth the wait”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 28, 2013

We were starving when we got there and ordered 2 appetisers- the rabbit and tuna tartare. It took ages to come out and when they did they were so small that I'm glad we ordered 2 as you wouldn't be able to share them. They were delicious though. We had the chicken and fish of the day as mains and they were small portions which we figured they would be so we ordered a side of potatoes. Overall the food- small portions and expensive but good
Atmosphere- nice watching the sun set over the ocean. Clean and elegant with candles and fresh flowers on the tables
I found the wait time quite long. I'm a tea drinker and would have preferred a tea pot instead of having to call someone over to get me more hot water all the time as the tea cups were small.

• Visited June 2013

• Indonesian first
Western Australia
“Fantastic dinner experience”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2013

I visited here with some VIPs from our work as a team dinner, it is not somewhere I could usually afford and I was extremely impressed. We were allowed to have a pre-drink on the balcony to enjoy the sunset over the ocean while waiting for a member of our party. The food was superb, we paid for the set $90 meal which was three courses however we received little courses in between and cheese platters which meant we definitely left full. The only issue for my meal was the waitress topped my red wine glass up with the wrong red and then took fifteen minutes to come back with a new glass and and pour a new glass for me.

• Visited May 2013
Darwin, Australia
“Degustation menu - average”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 25, 2013

I have been to evoo twice now. The first time was a couple of years ago for the degustation menu and everything on it was absolutely beatiful.
However, my 2nd visit, i was nowhere near impressed. 2 out of the 7 items on the menu I actually enjoyed. One of the worst was the tomato sorbet (to cleanse the pallet). That was horrible! Take it off the menu, gross.
I wont be going back until they change the degustation menu (hopefully back to what it was a coupel of years ago)
Mind you, the service was impeciable

• Visited December 2012
Darwin, Australia
“Terrible Service, overpriced food, really let down”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 11, 2013 via mobile

We decided to go to Evoo for Christmas and I wish we had stayed home. It was the most over priced, poorly serviced let down I have ever had the mid fortune to endure. The service was terrible, we were stick in a corner right by the musicians even though I had booked 5 months ahead. We couldn't here ourselves think. The service was so slow that after waiting 35 mins for a coffee we gave up asking for it and left. Food was average at best, the linen and cutlery were filthy (we took photos) and although we complained nothing was done to rectify out complaint other than a weak apology for someone nearly a week later. Never again

• Visited December 2012
4 Thank Carla P
Australia
“Excellent”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 18, 2013

Whenever we visit Darwin, we visit Evoo and now have been visiting the restaurant for a number of years. . It is the only truly fine dining restaurant and again, we had a wonderful meal. I had an amazing entree of a large salmon filled ravioli on a bed of lobster, butter emulsion and finely sliced, grilled red capsicum. The taste was excellent. The second course was a piece of beautifully cooked Red Emperor fish accompanied by a perfectly prepared pea and spinach risotto. The service was excellent and the views of the water and sunset from the outdoor balcony area are lovely. We eat out very often and I would rate Evoo to be the equivalent of many one and two hatted restaurants in Sydney and Melbourne.

• Visited April 2013