“Forgotten about..”
2 of 5 bubbles Review of Buzz Cafe - CLOSED

Buzz Cafe
Cuisines: Australian
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Adelaide, Australia
“Forgotten about..”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 5, 2013

I visited on a work trip and finished work late and came to join my uncle and auntie for tea who were travelling to Darwin separately to myself.
I arrived at about 10pm and sat down to choose my food quickly (I hadn't expected the kitchen to still be open but my family were still waiting on their meals). I got up to order and it was a few minutes before I was acknowledged by anyone. When I asked if I could order I was told them the kitchen was closed. I asked them how that could be as my family had been waiting for their meal for well over an hour! (Maybe even an hour and a half)
The waitress seemed a bit panicked and spoke with the kitchen. I sat down and a few minutes later she returned to let me know that meals would only be a few minutes and she was very sorry and all our meals would be on the house- great!
She returned with our drinks and then re-informed us that my meal would not be free as mine was not a mistake. I hadn't expected my meal to be free and thought it was very kind of them, but to say it was and then take it back isn't going over and above to satisfy very hungry annoyed forgotten about customers. It put a bit of a sour taste in my mouth to be honest.

The place seems disorganised, my uncle and auntie ordered half a dozen oysters as an entree and received a dozen. Turns out it was lucky that they stuffed the amount up or they would have been even more hungry.

Food was amazing, we all had the fish. If you go here I would recommend that.
If you want good customer service and your meals on time then this is not the place for you.

1 Thank Tashwv88

Sydney, Australia
“Good food, great location”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 31, 2013 via mobile

Went there with some work colleagues for dinner. Food was delivered in a timely manner, tasted great and was fresh. No complaints from any of us. Prices were reasonable and staff were friendly.
Location on the water was great and the atmosphere was nice.
Men, enjoy the bathroom! You will understand when you go there!

Visited July 2013
Perth, Australia
“Great food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 29, 2013

We only had lunch here. Service was good and food good too. Great position and nice and cool.

Would return again, if ever in Darwin

Melbourne, Australia
“Worth the wait!”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 27, 2013 via mobile

After waiting for a long time we got entree before our drinks or water arrived! Wait staff were run off their feet, not enough waiters until 1 hr later! Salads were excellent and waitress did come and apologise for delays. Management need to lift their game on service as their food was great.

Visited July 2013
Geraldton, Australia
“Excellent atmosphere with incredible views and poor service”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 7, 2013 via mobile

When we arrived I was amazed with the fantastic views and the wonderful table layouts. Upon being seated at our table we were asked if we would like water, which we requested. Shortly after the water arrived and the table requested some additional beverages including alcohol. The waitress couldn't understand English and didn't understand what we were requesting. After showing her on the menu what we were requesting everyone at the table was getting frustrated and we were wondering what we would be served with. After a long wait the drinks came out, one of these were incorrect but the person kept the drink rather than trying to explain to the confused waitress.

We ordered our meals and after a while our entree finally came out. I requested some salt and pepper and again confused the waiter.

My partner ordered the calamari which was a large serve and it was okay. I ordered the chilli prawns, this wasnt nice at all, the prawns were undercooked slightly and came in a sizzling pot of oil, however it wasn't sizzling. It was like the prawns were dumped in luke warm oil and they lacked flavor. On the positive side it came out with a great serving of warm bread which was the high light of the dish.

After a long wait and slow clearing of the dishes I finally got the opportunity to prompt the waitress for another drink. When the Sri k came out it was incorrect so I decided to go to the bar and speak to another waitress. They were run off there feet and after an extended wait they happily exchanged my drink.

Our main meal came out and thankfully everyone at the table thoroughly enjoyed our mains. The barramundi was delicious and I also tried the lamb rack which was cooked perfectly. The only downfall of the mains is that they aren't very big.

We waited a while wanting more drinks but no one came to take our order. In the end we decided to leave and move on to another place for some more drinks.

The mains were great it is such a shame that the service was terrible.