“Second to None”
Review of Buzz Cafe - CLOSED

Buzz Cafe
Cuisines: Australian
Good for: Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
“Second to None”
Reviewed March 24, 2013

I recently met friends for dinner at Buzz Cafe and we certainly weren't disappointed. The food, the service, the location and ambience were all second to none. In particular the food was amazing, the flavours were awesome as was the menu. Our entire group walked away happy with their meals and we are already planning our next dinner there. Was awesome to met the chef at the end also, was great to see someone with such enthusiasm for his profession. I would definitely recommend this restaurant to all, it's perfect for a romantic dinner for two, dinner with friends or to just sit with a cocktail.

“Great atmosphere!”
Reviewed March 22, 2013

My mum came up to visit me and we went for dinner @ Buzz. I really love the quirkyness of this place! i recommend getting a table on the deck overlooking the Marina, gorgeous view and the soft lighting creates a great atmosphere. I had the Prawns & Mango Salad, amazing! Fresh local prawns and juicy mangos, mum had the soft shell crab also really tasty! I had been to buzz a about a year or so ago, but wasn't that happy! i think the new chef Alan?? or Adam?? has really turned that place around, great place to take that special someone or even clients to dinner. Will be back soon :)

Darwin, Australia
“Lunch?”
Reviewed March 14, 2013

Great spot for lunch/dinner overlooking the marina. Food is good - service great and they have a good wine selection usually.

Visited June 2012
“Dissappointed”
Reviewed March 11, 2013 via mobile

Garlic bread was good and that is it....! The food is terrible, expected a nice fresh calamari dish and it was disgusting and it just kept going down hill from there. Will never ever go back there as my partner would highly agree with me...:(

WANGARY, SA
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Tempura Soft-Shelled Crab and Impeccable Service”
Reviewed March 11, 2013

Cullen Bay itself was a wonderful discovery in Darwin, and Buzz Cafe was the jewel in the crown. My fiance and I checked out ALL the local restaurants there during the day to find the perfect place for our anniversary dinner that night. After reading through the dinner menu, and being impressed with the decor and setting (overlooking the marina), we booked our choice of table for our event. We returned that evening to impeccable service and a suitably romantic setting. Our entree of Tempura Soft-Shelled Mud Crab was heavenly and HUGE. We almost didn't need to move on to our Steak Main, but it was so melt-in-your-mouth delicious that I finished off every morsel. Lily, our waitress, was so impressive I just had to press a tip note into her hand. Then I saw my fiancee also tip the staff, and didn't tell him about my tip because the service was THAT GOOD !! Highly Recommend !! Also must note how the place was "buzzing" during our day-time recon. With many enjoying the lunch menu at the time. Will have to return for a lunch experience in the future !!

• Visited March 2013