“Surprise surprise”

Buzz Cafe
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed February 9, 2013 via mobile

We have been to Buzz many times before. It has a great location and it was a nice location to take visitors to the tropics. With boats bobbing in the marina, a choice of air con our sea breezes and quirky bathrooms. It was a fun venue. However we had given up on it due to poor service and bad ecoeriences with food. Recently we decided to drop in for a drink at the bar and were tempted by the Specials Menu. We sat at the bar, the barmaid was friendly and helpful and the food was delightful. It arrived promptly, hot and tasty. Buzz has redeemed itself for us. Nice :)

Reviewed January 16, 2013

I have been to the Buzz Cafe a number of times, as a family, a couple & business, and I have really given up. To me the place is over priced and over rated.
The most memorable however was when I attended dinner as part of my partners work function. When the waitress took the drink orders, I had to repeat my request for a glass of white house wine three times. She still looked confused as she walked off, and came back with everyone else's drinks, except mine!
Yes that was the final straw.

Reviewed January 8, 2013

Yes we went in the wet season, not many customers but the food and service was excellent. We all ordered a different dish and were all pleased with what we had. The two desserts that we ordered were also excellent. I would definitely go back.

Reviewed December 23, 2012

Buzz is an enjoyable truly authentic tropical quayside experience. They serve tasty snacks to go with your cocktails and you can stay for dinner. The men must visit the male restroom for an unusual experience too! Right on the water's edge, enjoyable day or night and great for functions of any kind for medium-sized groups. Heather@staffmanagement.com.au

Reviewed December 6, 2012

We went there on a Wednesday night so it was fairly quiet and thus we expected there not to be any hiccups with providing our meals.

The fact that the table beside us had to send their meals back twice to be heated up because they were served cold should have been a warning to us. After ordering the daily special, we were approached 10 minutes later and told that there were none remaining and could we order a different meal. Most of our orders didn't take too long to reach us, however the salad of all things was the last to come out and took a extra 5-10 minutes to reach the table. I don't know whether my meal had gone cold in this time due to the wait or it it wasn't particularly hot to begin with but I soldiered on only to discover the medium-well steak I had order resembled a Quentin Tarantino film.

The wait staff were very attentive and friendly, and I think the issue was more a kitchen problem than anything else.

I would definitely go back for the cocktails but I probably wouldn't return for a meal again.