“comfort while you work”

Adina Apartment Hotel Darwin Waterfront
Ranked #9 of 35 Hotels in Darwin
Reviewed August 25, 2014

The hotel is well situated to the Conference Centre for work purposes and has the added attractions of the wave pool, good dining facilities and open spaces to relax or walk along the water front. good

• Stayed: August 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
DannielleJenkinson, Manager at Adina Apartment Hotel Darwin Waterfront, responded to this reviewResponded August 30, 2014

Dear Rosalindt W,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review about Adina Apartment Hotel Darwin, we are so glad you enjoyed your stay as well as the surrounding facilities.

We look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel in the future.

Adina Apartment Hotel Darwin

Write a ReviewReviews (1,354)

998 - 1,004 of 1,354 reviews

Reviewed August 21, 2014

My husband was attending a conference in Darwin and we selected this property because of its proximity to the conference venue and because a number of years ago, we stayed in what was then the Medina apartments in Coogee NSW during some home renovations and loved it.The location on the Waterfront, close to cafés, restaurants, lovely walks, and the Smith St Mall is excellent. Our studio apartment is clean and comfortable. That said , on check-in, we were asked if we would like the Northern Territory newspaper delivered in the mornings, at a charge. Please could we have The Australian, instead ? The young man checking us in turned enquiringly to another man behind the counter. "Oh the Australian is not printed in Darwin and only arrives in the afternoon. You will find it at the newsagent up the road , across the bridge , on the corner........." The next day, I duly waited till the afternoon, found said newsagent, purchased the newspaper and enquired what time it arrived in Darwin. "We get it first thing in the morning. It is printed in Darwin." I returned to the hotel to impart this information, and would it therefore be possible to deliver the newspaper to my room in the morning? Some consultation with an unseen person took place before the response was given. "No, we do not have arrangements with the Australian".
We have booked to attend part of the Darwin festival in a park and were informed that there is no seating, and we should bring our own blankets or folding chairs. My husband and I cannot sit on flat ground for prolonged periods. I approached hotel reception. There is a folding suitcase rack in our room, may I take it along to use as a stool? "No." Well, then, may I simply take the large cushions on top of the sofa in our room? More consultation with the unseen person before the inevitable "No." What should I do? "Well maybe you can hire a beanbag, or something." Oh, really......? There have been other requests, and similar responses from the unseen person relayed by the staff at the front desk.
We were not expecting world-class service: this property is rated four-star. But regardless of facilities or comfort levels, it is always the staff and level of service that set the tone for one's stay and enjoyment. It is not the denial of what I do not perceive to be extraordinary requests that I find offensive, but rather the manner in which it has been relayed, without even the modicum of any attempt to appear helpful.

Room Tip: Choose another hotel if service is important.
  • Stayed: August 2014, traveled on business
3  Thank Hazel P
Ralph D, Manager at Adina Apartment Hotel Darwin Waterfront, responded to this reviewResponded September 12, 2014

Dear Hazel P,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay with Adina Apartment Hotel Darwin Waterfront.

I couldn’t agree with you more that it is always the staff and level of service that sets the tone for one’s stay and enjoyment. At Adina this has always been our earnest endeavour and I’m really sorry that we have failed on this occasion. I don’t think your requests were extraordinary and my team could have done a better job if they used a little imagination. As the manager of the hotel I accept responsibility for this and will do my best to encourage my team to start thinking outside the box and come up with alternatives instead of saying NO. We do offer the NT News as we are big supporters of local businesses but we can also organise The Australian and other popular Australian newspapers. As a follow up, I will change our newspaper order to include The Australian so we have a good mix of newspapers to offer to our guests in the future.

Your request to take the folding suitcase rack outside as a chair was turned down due it being a health risk as they are not designed to be used as chairs. I apologise that this wasn‘t explained to you clearly. The cushions on the sofas are part of the furnishings in the room and we don’t allow these to be taken outdoors as there is a risk that insects may attach themselves to it and cause an infestation. Once again I would like to inform the readers of Tripadvisor that we have purchased 2 brand new ergonomic camping chairs and these can be hired from reception, all thanks to Hazel.

I am glad to read that you enjoyed the excellent location of the hotel and the cleanliness in your room. Phew!

I hope you don’t avoid our hotel in the future as I assure you we won’t disappoint you again. At Adina we are always looking at ways to improve and we appreciate the time you have taken to share your feedback.

We hope you will give us another opportunity and look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Reviewed August 18, 2014

We had a very comfortable stay. The service at reception was excellent. Nothing was too much trouble for the lady who checked us in. She even gave us an upgraded room and a late checkout. The accommodation is in close proximity to restaurants, cafes and the Wavepool. I would definitely recommend this venue.

1  Thank Martin H
DannielleJenkinson, Manager at Adina Apartment Hotel Darwin Waterfront, responded to this reviewResponded August 19, 2014

Dear Martin H,

Firstly, I would like to thank you for taking the time to post a review about Adina Apartment Hotel Darwin. We’re so glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay!

Our team were thrilled to read about your stay and Katie was pleased you enjoyed your upgrade and late check out.

Thank you again for sharing the experience of your stay with us and the readers of Trip Advisor and we look forward to seeing you again next time.

Reviewed August 18, 2014

The Adina Apartments were great. We had a room with a view on the third floor however the trees blocked most of it! Fourth floor and above probably better. Great location on the Waterfront. Rooms well set out and comfortable.

1  Thank SamJB1

Dear SamJB1,

I am so glad to hear that you had an enjoyable stay with us.
Thank you for taking the time to post a review about Adina Apartment Hotel Darwin.

As you mentioned, the tree's have grown a little bigger than we expected but do not obstruct all the "view rooms" and we are currently working with the Waterfront Council for a solution as they do provide fantastic shade from Darwin's all year round summer on the beautiful waterfront.

Thank you again for sharing the experience of your stay with us and we hope to see you again next time.

Reviewed August 18, 2014

We loved our stay at the Adina - it was clean, spacious and modern. It was an easy walk to the CBD and fantastically located in the waterfront precinct close to many restaurants and the wharf. Great place :)

Dear Ashton26,

Thank you for the time you have taken to provide us with your feedback!

The team and I were delighted to read about your relaxing stay with us.
We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Many thanks,

Reviewed August 16, 2014

Well located hotel with clean and unremarkable rooms. Fearsome air conditioning that could not be turned off or adequately adjusted. No wifi
Unless extortionate daily data fees were paid. Adina checked us into an "access" studio which was not requested and unwelcome. This place is pedestrian at best and definitely not good value. Untrained staff at reception.

• Stayed: August 2014, traveled solo
2  Thank Sonny H
Ralph D, Manager at Adina Apartment Hotel Darwin Waterfront, responded to this reviewResponded August 21, 2014

Dear Sonny H,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay at Adina Apartment Hotel Darwin Waterfront.

I am really sorry that we didn’t meet your expectations. We will learn from your feedback and work on improving our service delivery.

Our air-conditioning circulates air in the hotel continuously to control the humidity and provide a pleasant environment for our guests. We can however adjust the temperature in the rooms and I apologise that this wasn’t explained clearly to you. My team is always looking to go above and beyond for our guests and we would have loved to change your room, if you would have expressed your dissatisfaction with the room you were checked in to. I do acknowledge that we have a few new faces at reception at the moment due to the transient nature of the work force in the Top End. Having said that, please be assured that we invest heavily in the training of all our new team members so we can consistently provide great customer service.

We hope you will give us another opportunity to turn your experience around. Please do not hesitate to contact me directly at the hotel or email me rdsouza@tfehotels.com if you wish to discuss this further
Thank you once again for your comments and we look to welcoming you back to our hotel
Warm regards,

Ralph D’souza
Assistant Hotel Manager
Adina Apartment Hotel Darwin Waterfront

Reviewed August 16, 2014

The rooms were good with lots of storage space and facilities and the bathroom has a good hot shower. The location is good with just a short walk to local restaurants, town and wharfs with its sea food restaurants.

Review collected in partnership with this hotel
DannielleJenkinson, Manager at Adina Apartment Hotel Darwin Waterfront, responded to this reviewResponded August 17, 2014

Dear DP,

I am so glad to hear that you had an enjoyable stay with us.

Thank you for pointing out to the readers of Trip Advisor our great location and surrounding amenities!

We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Duty Manager
Adina Apartment Hotel Darwin.