“Definitely one of the best hotels in Darwin.”

Adina Apartment Hotel Darwin Waterfront
Ranked #8 of 37 Hotels in Darwin
Singapore, Singapore
“Definitely one of the best hotels in Darwin.”
Reviewed February 27, 2013

This is my 2nd stay at the Adina (Former Grand Medina) in the past 2 years, and I have to praise them for their impeccable service and clean rooms. Located just 5mins away from the heart of Darwin, facing the wave pool and waterfront.. this hotel is ideally located in a great district.

Well, if you're lucky and got a room facing the waterfront, you will love sitting at the balcony sipping a glass of wine watching the sunset/sun rise. Unfortunately, this time i got a room facing the roads but overall i really enjoyed my stay with them. Hope to return next year again! Thank you Adina!

Room Tip: Ask them for rooms facing the wave pool/waterfront for a better scenery. 1 bedroom apartments come...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank ShannNG
Swoodbury, Manager at Adina Apartment Hotel Darwin Waterfront, responded to this review, March 3, 2013
Dear ShannNG

It's always a pleasure to receive positive feedback.

I will share your comments with our team.

Thank you again for sharing your stay at the Adina Apartment Hotel Darwin Waterfront.

Assistant Hotel Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (153)
Adelaide, Australia
Reviewed February 27, 2013

I have only stayed here once. It was a decent room but to get out it was a huge walk through many passage ways to get to the elevator. Only stayed one night so it wasn't bad. The pool was pretty good. Friendly service

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Topknotpigeon

Thank you for your review on Adina Apartment Hotel, I am glad that you enjoyed your stay.

I look forward to welcoming you back very soon

Kind regards

Carnamah
Reviewed February 16, 2013

we have stayed at these apartments several years ago,and once again we weren't dissapointed.the staff were all very friendly ,the rooms were clean and very spacious,with great views. over the water front,stokes wharf.we did have a bedside light not working and the mixer tap over the sink was in danger of falling off,and our friends in another apartment had several lights not working ,which they had fixed the next morning.that problem could be solved by haveing the cleaning staff report these types of problems each day?

Room Tip: just make sure to get a room with a view
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Keith C
Swoodbury, Manager at Adina Apartment Hotel Darwin Waterfront, responded to this review, February 20, 2013
Dear Keith C

We very much appreciate your comments regarding your stay at the Adina Apartment Hotel Darwin Waterfront.

I am sure that this feedback will serve as an encouragement to all of our team as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services.

Thank you again for sharing your experience.

Reviewed February 15, 2013

Stay was great, as we live out rural Darwin, was nice to stay In town. However, paid a mint for a one bedroom app for valentines and was overlooking the rest of the building, paid for a view and got a lesson in architecture, no balcony, no view, no ice, no cold water, and the king was a queen and a single slapped together, also paid 33 bucks in parking fee's, we were there for 18 hrs, so in all, our stay was very disappointing, I don't mind paying large but expect some reflection, oh and this is in non-peek period. Service was very warm and friendly, but this hotel is letting them down.... Russ, Gunn.

• Stayed February 2013
2 Thank RussNt
Dear RussNT,

Thank you for taking the time to provide us some feedback on your recent stay at the Adina Apartment Hotel Darwin Waterfront.

I would like to apologise in advance for any inconveniences caused during your stay. Due to the anonymity on Trip Advisor, it makes it hard for us to follow up and contact you directly in relation to this feedback. I strongly encourage you to contact myself at swoodbury@toga.com.au so that we can discuss your stay in further detail with you.

We certainly do value your patronage and we would like the opportunity to welcome you back again so that we may provide the service and standard that we pride ourselves.

Darwin
Reviewed February 11, 2013 via mobile

This is the second time we've stayed both times in a one bedroom water view apartment once when it's was the medina could not fault that stay, now it's the Adina and the cleanliness was not up to standard at all the floors and benches in the kitchen & bathroom were filthy, they had no parking cards so we had to pay expensive parking rates for the car park and then get reimbursed by the hotel, just an annoying inconvenience. The apartment are a good size though.

• Stayed February 2013
Swoodbury, Manager at Adina Apartment Hotel Darwin Waterfront, responded to this review, February 14, 2013
Dear Dream84,

Thank you for taking the time to provide some feedback on your recent stay at Adina Apartment Hotel Darwin.

At the Adina we strive to provide the best quality service for our guests and it seems that we have failed on this occassion. Please accept my sincerest apologies. Please note that I have discussed this feedback at length with the relevant departments so that we may correct this for the future.

The Adina Apartment Hotel Darwin Waterfront formaly Medina Grand Darwin Waterfront is still managed by Toga Hospitality and has only changed the name of the property.

We do value your patronage and we hope to welcome you back to the Hotel so that we may provide the service and standard that we pride ourselves and one would expect from the Adina Apartment Hotel Darwin.

Adelaide, Australia
Reviewed February 2, 2013 via mobile

For a hotel so well located and seemingly contemporary design it is let down by average service, poor food choice and air conditioning that can't be changed sufficiently.

My advice is to get a two room apartment overlooking the wave pool.

• Stayed January 2013
Swoodbury, Manager at Adina Apartment Hotel Darwin Waterfront, responded to this review, February 4, 2013
Dear Orgdevsa,

Thank you for taking the time to provide some feedback on your recent stay at the Adina Apartment Hotel Darwin.

I was disappointed to hear your comments regarding the service and poor food you had experianced during your stay. Please accept my sincerest apologies.

Please note that we strive to provide a high quality service and standard and it appears that we failed on this occassion. I have passed on your comments with the relevant department concerned so that these occurences may be avoided in the future.

Orange, Australia
Reviewed January 30, 2013

I stayed here for 11 nights in a one bedroom apartment overlooking the wave pool and harbour waterfront/wharf area in early January 2013. The room was very comfortable and had a full size fridge, kitchenette, good sized shower (not miserly on water) and a very comfortable bed. It was pretty tough walking out through the lobby to walk around all of the adjacent restaurants, Bars, ice cream parlour, wave pool and lagoon area - but I managed! I'm not a young man but I loved the wave pool and this is an excellent location for those with kids. It's a short stroll along the sky bridge up to the mall and CBD area, which makes this a really great place to stay and enjoy everything Darwin has to offer. Highly recommended and I'm looking forward to getting back there as soon as I can. House keeping can be problematic anywhere you stay, but this is a busy place and they work hard to meet everyone's demands. I had no problems with my room during my stay, but I did elsewhere in Darwin. You won't be disappointed with this location.

Room Tip: The rooms have good air conditioning and the room service is prompt and friendly.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Swoodbury, Manager at Adina Apartment Hotel Darwin Waterfront, responded to this review, February 3, 2013
Dear HAC2005

Thank you for your review on Adina Apartment Hotel Darwin, I am glad that you enjoyed your stay.

I look forward to welcoming you back very soon