“Decent hotel by the waterfront” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Vibe Hotel Darwin Waterfront

Vibe Hotel Darwin Waterfront
Ranked #9 of 38 Hotels in Darwin
Manila, Philippines
“Decent hotel by the waterfront”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 7, 2014

Stayed in Vibe Darwin for 4 nights before boarding our cruise, so it was convenient being by the waterfront. The rooms are of a decent size, but a bit weathered and dingy in some areas. This was acceptable given that we only paid about AUD 130 per night. They don't give toothbrushes or shaving kits in the room, although you could request for one if needed, as this was what we did.

There are quite a few restaurants downstairs once you exit the hotel, and the wave pool is just across, although the hotel has it's own pool as well. There are no convenience stores nearby, which was a real problem for us, as we arrived at 4am and extremely hungry. The hotel restaurant opens at around 630. We simply went to sleep with empty stomachs and ate at Curve, the hotel's restaurant the next day. There is also no free internet. The main town is easily accessible, around 10-15 minutes on foot. That is also where you can find the nearest convenience store.

All in all, a decent place to stay for a few nights if ever you find yourself in Darwin.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
      Sleep Quality
1 Thank Kenny C
DannielleJenkinson, Manager at Vibe Hotel Darwin Waterfront, responded to this review, March 15, 2014
Dear Kenny C,

The team at Vibe Hotel Darwin Waterfront are delighted that you enjoyed your recent stay with us and thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback.

We are consistently working on keeping the hotel up to date and looking fresh, thank you for your feedback, I will be passing the information onto our team.

Duty Manager | Adina Vibe Hotel Darwin

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (172)
Yorkshire
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 2, 2014

Modern, Clean, Shower over bath?, plenty of shapoo etc, surrounded by bars/restaurants, overall a very good experience.
Parking attatched with direct access to the hotel.
Just a great location to chill or tour.

Room Tip: As i usually say go for a quiet one ;-)
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
      Sleep Quality
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
DannielleJenkinson, Manager at Vibe Hotel Darwin Waterfront, responded to this review, March 3, 2014
Dear Criticalmick,

Duty Manager | Adina Vibe Hotel Darwin
Darwin, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 22, 2014

My wife booked a 'secret hotel' deal online, and when I learnt it was the Vibe I was a bit reluctant, having read some of the other reviews. But our stay was fantastic. Check in was not a hassle, even with 2 cars. Marion and Daniel are the friendliest receptionists I have ever had the pleasure to meet! The room may have needed a paint, but otherwise was spacious, clean, comfortable and had a great view of the harbor. Breakfast was tasty the next morning, and the girls in the restaurant were all happy and smiling despite the crowd! Checkout was quick and efficient. I will happily stay here again!

• 5 of 5 bubbles
DannielleJenkinson, Manager at Vibe Hotel Darwin Waterfront, responded to this review, February 27, 2014
Dear JohnBrownlee,

Daniel and Marion are delighted and thank you for your kind words.

Dannielle Jenkinson | Duty Manager
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 21, 2014 via mobile

We stayed here for a couple of nights from our awesome holiday in the Philippines and before going back to Sydney. Love love love the location, its right near Darwin waterfront, wave pool and about 10 minutes walk to CBD. I dont understand how the other reviewers gave it a negative review because seriously this hotel is worth the money and very friendly staff. We arrived around 3:30am and check in was so quick with a couple of helpful staff on the front desk. We stayed before at a hotel near the airport and spent a lot for food etc, but in Vibe, theres a lot of choices of restaurants nearby and their open til late. We had a nice walk in the park even at night (heaps of lights), few tourists and locals walking around in this laid back atmosphere. The only negative that i can say about this hotel is that their breakfast is $29 per person yet Vibe Gold Coast only charge $15 with the same value of food, oh well heaps of stuff are more expensive in Darwin. Having said that, will definitely stay here again when we go back to Darwin.

Dear sherelydf,

Dannielle Jenkinson | Duty Manager
Brisbane Region, Australia
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 21, 2014 via mobile

I stayed here last night for business and arrived late on a flight from Sydney. After I finally communicated through the locked door that I was there to check in I was let through the locked doors and booked in, I had to ask about car parking, then after I was issued with my card and told there will be a $100 fine if I don't return the car park key they neglected to mention where the car park was ! So by now I'm thinking this place really knows how to give great service. I had to prompt the attentive receptionist about where breakfast was as well! The room stank of glade plug in air freshener and the mini bar fridge sounded like a low flying 747. The aircon was comparable in noise to it. Awful experience. Never again.

Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank southsider4121
Dear SouthSider4121,

I’m really disappointed to read that your stay wasn’t up to your expectations and I apologise for this.

After 11pm our night team do lock the main doors for the safety of our team as well as our guests. An intercom system is installed next to the doors so that guests checking in or in house guests returning to the hotel can alert our front desk team.

I apologise that our parking facilities weren’t clearly explained to you at check in. I will pass your feedback onto the entire team as simple things like car parking should be a pre-empted request. We are constantly looking for ways to improve our car parking system and have made drastic improvements over the last 6 months. We will continue to improve our car parking over the next few until the system is near to perfection. I thank you for your feedback on the matter.

The reception is staffed 24 hours for your convenience. I implore you to contact reception if something in your room is not up to your standard so that we are given the opportunity to rectify the issue.

If you would like to discuss matters further, please do not hesitate to contact me at the hotel on 08 8982 9999 or email djenkinson@adinahotels.com.au directly.

Kind Regards
Adina Vibe Duty Manager
Alice Springs, Australia
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 20, 2014

I am currently staying at the Vibe Waterfront Darwin. I arrived on Monday, late, and ordered room service.
It is now 19.35 on Thursday night, 3 days later, and my room service tray with plate etc is still on the side in my room!

1 Thank Pauline R
Dear Pauline R,

I am really disappointed to read that your stay wasn’t up to your expectations.

I assure you that our restaurant team do floor checks for room service trays at least 4 times a day to try and prevent instances like this occurring. It seems that we may have dropped the ball on this occasion and I sincerely apologise for this. I will share your feedback with the relevant department heads so that they can initiate corrective measures.

We tried to contact you regarding this issue but weren’t able to catch up with you before you checked out. I request you to contact me at the hotel on 08 8982 9999 or email djenkinson@adinahotels.com.au directly if you would like this further.
Canberra
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 15, 2014 via mobile

Just checked into this self rated 4 star hotel. Its filthy dirty, small and the reception staff are rude with an side serve of attitude.

Room are less than basic. It would be a 2 star hotel at best.

Booked for 3 nights, and have lasted 20 minutes. Didn't even bother to unpack my bags.

Booked alternate accommodation already snd heading out the door as I type.

Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank Thedhowl
Luke S, General Manager at Vibe Hotel Darwin Waterfront, responded to this review, February 16, 2014
Dear Thedhowl,

I am unsure if this review is for Vibe Hotel Darwin Waterfront, as we have no record of anybody checking in and leaving within 20 minutes. Added to this your comments are not reflective of the style of hotel we are, or the level of service we provide. Additionally, we are not self rated, but rather AAA rated.

It is also strange that you have been able to come to a conclusion on the hotel, given you were only here for 20 minutes, and if your comments are accurate, the team would have readily helped resolve any concerns you had.

Please contact the hotel directly if you would like to discuss this matter further, or alternatively withdraw your review if it has been linked to the incorrect hotel.

Kind Regards,