Vibe Hotel Darwin Waterfront
$128
$125
Hilton
  • Restaurant
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Darwin(Darwin)(Great Value!)
$163
$92
$73
$69
Good 3.5/5
Oaks Elan Darwin(Darwin)(Great Value!)
$138
$132
  • Pool
Mantra on the Esplanade(Darwin)(Great Value!)
$160
$154
Mantra Pandanas(Darwin)(Great Value!)
$114
$100
  • Restaurant
Quality Hotel Darwin Airport(Darwin)(Great Value!)
$100
$96
Very Good 4/5
Palms City Resort(Darwin)(Great Value!)
$127
$89
$153
$146
Hotwire.com
Good 3.5/5
1,807 results
All reviewswave poolgreat locationdarwin waterfrontshort walkhotel poolwater frontcar parkingeasy accessrestaurants and barsthe air conditioningbusiness tripwet seasonreception staffwould stay againbuffet breakfastwharfconvention
FilterAll languages
Reviewed May 7, 2013

I stayed for business reasons and found the welcome warm and inviting. The room was clean and modern and the air conditioning worked very well. The bed was very comfortable and there was plenty of room to relax. The room has a spacious bathroom including and over the shower bath. Plenty of hot water, towels etc although the water pressure could have been a tad higher.

The location is excellent, morning walks around the waterfront meant I didn't use the Gym, however it was well equipped. The views of the sunrise and close bars and restaurant make this a great place to wind down after work, or to entertain clients...I enjoyed how easy the stay was..no hassles..simply good!

Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
Ralph D, Manager at Vibe Hotel Darwin Waterfront, responded to this reviewResponded May 8, 2013

Dear Allan B,

We are delighted that you enjoyed your recent stay at Vibe Hotel Darwin Waterfront and thank you for taking the time to provide us with your positive feedback.

We look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel in the near future.

Ralph Dsouza

Reviewed May 5, 2013 via mobile

Stayed 3 nights enjoyed the room, the view and location, pool and outdoor spa great for after work relaxation. No wifi in my room after reporting 3 times - still not fixed after several complaints and a 20 minute phone call from hotels on line. I was annoyed that I was billed for non used connection (but credited by staff).

• Stayed: May 2013
Ralph D, Manager at Vibe Hotel Darwin Waterfront, responded to this reviewResponded May 7, 2013

Dear DebWilko,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay at The Vibe Hotel Darwin Waterfront. We are glad to hear that you the enjoyed the view from the hotel and our lovely outdoor facilities.

I apologise for the inconvenience caused to you due to the Wi-Fi not working in your room. We have raised the issue with our supplier who will be upgrading our Wi-Fi equipment shortly to ensure this doesn’t happen again.

We hope you will give us another opportunity to serve you better in the near future.

Reviewed May 4, 2013 via mobile

I stayed 2 nights at the vibe and while not blown away, I was very comfortable and it has a great location. I booked accommodation at another venue but immediately on arrival I had a bad experience and had no problem coming back to the vibe where the staff were really helpful.

• Stayed: May 2013
1  Thank Lindsay W
Ralph D, Manager at Vibe Hotel Darwin Waterfront, responded to this reviewResponded May 5, 2013

Dear Linsay W,

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your positive feedback. We're pleased to hear that you found our team members helpful and I will personally share your encouraging comments with them.

We look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel in the near future.

Ralph Dsouza

Reviewed May 3, 2013

The Vibe has a lot going for it, I felt very sorry for everyone at the hotel because it is badly let down by the ventilation in the rooms. Mine was on the second floor and it may not affect every floor. The room was terrific, spacious and ingeniously laid out with a view of the harbour, two TVs, a kitchen, a laundry, a desk, a sitting area and a balcony. Personally I dislike those natural linen coloured net curtains, they just look dirty even though they might not be.

The major problem is that as you open the door to the room, there is a pronounced musty smell, that says "dirty" right away and the room was clean, bathroom sparkly, with no trace of mould but that smell creates a terrible impression, almost made me want to leave at once. I wondered whether it was a healthy place to be and decided it was OK for one night but not if you had a baby.

The ventilation in the passageways is very poor. The cleaning staff sprayed a lot of cleaning product around, I'd guess to cover up the smell and it did help a bit but before they came on, the passages smelt very stale and worse than the rooms and there was no suggestion that there was air conditioning there as the passages were hot and stuffy on the second floor but not on the ground floor.

My guess is that this could be what creates the impression from reviewers here that the hotel is dirty. However I did discover that the towels in my room were stained which is not right at all. Dark carpets in the passages by the lifts were covered in bits of white tissue and lint all day, before and after cleaning. Rooms were perfectly clean though, just the awful smell which hits you whenever you return to it.

There is half an hour's free wifi in the lobby and Gemma from reception went to a lot of trouble to try and connect me and when she couldn't, allowed me an hour's complimentary room wifi, which also worked in the lobby.

There is a magnificent piece of indigenous weaving in the lobby which is lit with coloured lights and is worth a visit there alone, especially at night. I found the reception well staffed with polite, helpful young women who used their initiative to solve minor difficulties. They couldn't tell me anything about the weaving except that they clearly enjoyed looking at it during the day as they worked. Their uniforms are ugly and don't coordinate with the rest of the hotel decor.

The artwork throughout the hotel was lovely and I especially liked Curve, the cafe which opened onto the waterfront and was cool and breezy all day. It has an indigenous theme again which I really liked. Woven fishing net lights and paintings and in colours which coordinated with the soft furnishings.

Vibe created a top impression with its design and art and then it was let down by the ventilation but lifted somewhat by the nice staff. I don't know much about air conditioning and found myself wondering about the ventilation and how it could be fixed. Cleaning staff can't do anything to fix it themselves and must be frustrated by not being able to make the rooms feel clean as well as look it.

I am a doctor and have treated alcoholics for years. I have a pet peeve about mini bars and always ask for them to be removed when I book to see whether the hotel cares about the stress they must create for people with drinking problems. This request is always ignored, even in the smartest places in Australia and abroad. Though most places will comply when I ask after checking in. One expensive hotel in Sydney said there was a charge of $20 to do so until I asked to speak to the manager. If my request is ignored a second time, I simply fill up the drawers with the bottles from the fridge to make space for my own food and drink. If you agree with this approach please join me in my one woman protest.

The Vibe had a massive fridge and a minimal mini bar so I didn't hassle them over this. Lots of cupboard space to put the drink away in my room but still a temptation for anyone trying to abstain.

Room Tip: Queen bedded room with view
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank RomaRose

Dear RomaRose,

Thank you for taking the time to write a detailed review about you recent stay with us. Our owners have personally selected the artwork and décor for the hotel and we are delighted that you enjoyed this aspect of your stay. I have also shared your positive feedback with Gemma and the housekeeping team who will be encourage by your comments.

I apologise for the inconvenience caused to you due to the lack of ventilation in your room. I will review this with our maintenance manager to look at ways we can increase the effectiveness of the air conditioning in such rooms. With regard to your feedback about our carpets in the passages, I have personally addressed your feedback with the concerned department head to initiate corrective measures
I again thank you for sharing your observations and feedback as it will assist us to review our existing practises and standards, in striving for excellence.

My team and I look forward to your continued visits and assure you of our best attention and service, at all times.

Reviewed April 28, 2013

The bad reviews don't do this hotel justice. The room I stayed in was small, but it did not matter as there was still enough space. The room was very new, super clean with funky bright furniture. The bed was great and the room was quiet, you can't hear any noise from the hallway. The room service menu has great healthy alternatives, which I loved. Great tasting food and fast delivery. For $10/day I could park my car undercover and take the lift directly to the hotel rooms.
There was no wait at reception on check in and the staff was friendly and efficient.
The only negative remark would be the housekeeping staff always replacing the towels even though I left them on the rack to be used again.
Location: Great restaurants and pub right next to the hotel, great to be able to go for a swim in the lagoon or relax near the small beach in the shade on the lawn. The wave pool is right outside. It's only a 5min. walk to the mall via the bridge.
I didn't have breakfast at the restaurant or used the pool or gym.
I stayed for 4 nights and it was very enjoyable.

• Stayed: April 2013
1  Thank Kirsty013
Ralph D, Manager at Vibe Hotel Darwin Waterfront, responded to this reviewResponded April 29, 2013

Dear Kirsty,
Thank you for taking the time to write a detailed review about your recent stay at The Vibe Darwin Waterfront. I agree that some of the reviews don’t do justice to the great accommodation facilities and friendly service we provide at The Vibe. Your positive feedback will go a long way in encouraging my team to give their 100% every day to ensure our guests have a memorable stay with us, every single time.

We also appreciate your feedback about the towels always being replaced by our housekeeping team. I will personally review this procedure with our Housekeeping Manager so we can improve in this area.

Thank you for choosing to stay with us and we look forward to welcoming you back to in the near future.