“Lovely location”

Vibe Hotel Darwin Waterfront
Ranked #10 of 36 Hotels in Darwin
Reviewed December 13, 2012

Good hotel and great rates in the wet season. Right on the waterfront - nicest area in Darwin.
The hotel is very big so if ask for a close room if you don't want a long walk to your room. The hotel is fine, with nice rooms, a little small, but with all you need. Service was fast and friendly. The Internet rates, as usual with hotels catering to business travelers is exorbitantly expensive, but the coverage extends far out into the lovely lawns by the wave pool and waterfront. Nice place to sit in the evening and do some work.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the forth floor facing the waterfront and not to far from the reception.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
Swoodbury, Manager at Vibe Hotel Darwin Waterfront, responded to this reviewResponded December 17, 2012

Dear makadalu,

It's always a pleasure to receive positive feedback.

I will share your comments with our team.

Thank you again for sharing your stay at the Vibe Hotel Darwin Waterfront.

Reviewed December 6, 2012

We booked 2 rooms for 6 days at the medina vibe Darwin . I must say we have only good comments about our stay at this hotel .The rooms were clean / serviced daily by friendly attentive staff / the air conditioning was excellent / the pool and spa an excellent way to end each day.
The hotel is with in walking distance to the mall and situated on the water front surrounded by beautiful gardens / the wave pool/ icecream shop etc A short walk to the warf area where you can purchase meals at reasonable prices. We throughly enjoyed our stay and would reccomend this hotel to our friends and family . Well done to the Vibe team .

Room Tip: we had guest rooms at the rear of the hotel , they were quiet and very nice . Im not sure how much a...
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Sandy598

Dear Sandy598,

Thank you for your review on Vibe Hotel Darwin Waterfront, I am glad that you enjoyed your stay.

Kind regards

Reviewed November 30, 2012

Just completed a 4 day run aroud Darwin, good hotel at $139 per night, hotel rooms are hotel rooms and as long as they clean it is good, the staff on the front desk are full of energy. Coffee down stairs is not the best - the barrister either needs some upskilling or change the brand of coffee beans. Close to some trendy bars at the waterfront and a short walk into the town centre were it all happens. Really a place for all ages and worth a visit. Just steer clear of the local aboriginals at night as they tend to get drunk and they are all over you - just another issue that will never be resolved, impossible if you not willing to change. But in saying that go have a look really worth the effort and the food is good all over town.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
VHCM, General Manager at Vibe Hotel Darwin Waterfront, responded to this reviewResponded December 2, 2012

Dear Springkaaner

I look forward to welcoming you back very soon.

Reviewed November 26, 2012

if you want to stay out of pocket for a bit.. they charge your card for room charge plus incidentals for the mini bar at the time i checked in.at check out, I had pay for our stay. when I told them that my card was charged at check in, I was told that that's just holding and i needed to wait for the pending to be cleared to have the original funds held pending at the time of check in clear.. the first hotel I ever stayed with that did that.. 1 day gone and I'm still waiting for funds to be available again.. I stayed for one night n I can only imagine if I had stayed for more. I know I will have those funds back but inconvenient as I then had to postpone other costs over the weekend! next time I'm not putting my card up for charges for sure!

• Stayed: November 2012
1  Thank shirlsingh

Dear shirlsingh,

Thank you for your review on Vibe Hotel Darwin Waterfront.

In relation to our payment policy, it is clearly displayed at reception that we require a pre-authorisation to cover the cost associated with staying in the hotel. This is processed with your credit card provider, which is cleared when payment is made on check-out. This policy is standard in all hotels in Australia and around the world. We also have options of paying via EFTPOS and cash for guest who do not carry a credit card.

From your review we can see that you found room to very clean which is great to hear.

Kind Regards

Reviewed November 25, 2012

The staff are friendly enough but not well trained. They didn't explain much or well. We had no idea how to get from our room to receiption. There are now signs leading to the lifts further down the passage. We were not offered local wet season prices so paid full odds. The room although clean was smaller than my office. Not worth $205 per night. We were given a card? to swipe for parking but it didn't work so took a ticket not realising that it meant our parking was dearer. We booked on line including the restraunt but decided to have room service. I rang to see if this was ok but not we had to follow through with our original booking. Half an hour later we went down to the restraunt but the kitchen was closed because they had a pipe leak. No one rang to tell us. Not good. I slipped in the bath and you have to be a double jointed to get the toilet paper. It is behind you. When we went to leave the key didin't work to the car park obviously they have a use by time. becaus another couple with late check out couldn't get to their car either. Went back to my room and rang reception to get someone to let us in. As far as calling reception it would have been quicker to go personally if we knew how to get there. To top it off my husband couldn't get out of the car park. because he took a ticket the swiper didin't work and the machine didn't recognise the nab credit card. Give them there due they paid back the difference. As for parking it should be free to people who stay there.
We have stayed at most of the hotels in Darwin as we are local and this one is defineatly on the no go list.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Leila C

Dear Leila C,

Thank you for taking the time to post your feedback from your recent stay at Vibe Hotel Darwin Waterfront.

It is disheartening to hear you faced some issues whilst you were in the hotel. Unfortunately some of these were beyond our control, however I will share your experience with our team to help improve our levels of service.

We have released our fantastic territorian rates, and look forward to seeing you return.

Hotrel General Manager

Reviewed November 15, 2012

We had a discounted rate of $159 which is average value. Hotel looks very new but there are some worrying signs of premature aging on the outside of the building. Good location right next to wave pool and 10 minute walk to centre of city.
Pool setup is good as half or it is under the building and therefore shaded. Pools in Darwin can get very hot.
Food was excellent but some of the staff were very average, luck of the draw.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Cobra53

Dear Cobra53,

Reviewed November 12, 2012

My wife and I were attending a dinner at the Darwin Convention Centre and decided to have a night in a hotel so we could both enjoy the evening. The obvious choice for its locality was the Vibe which is only 2 minutes walk away.

We booked the hotel as part of the 'Territorian' deal so the price was very good, the room was very clean and on the whole the hotel was quiet, even with the room over looking the waterfront area.

There was a usual mini bar with a choice of highly priced items, but as we do not require any of these, it was no concern to us. The parking was easy and well priced at $10 per night, with only a short walk to the hotel, although I can understand if the car park was full at the lower levels, the distance to the lobby could be quite a jaunt.

We did not take breakfast, instead taking advantage of the late check out by having a lay in and then went for lunch in Darwin.

Overall it was a pleasant stay and we would stay again depending on what part of Darwin we would like access to, it is ideal for the waterfront but a bit of a hike to Mitchell Street or the Esplanade.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Steveanson
Swoodbury, Manager at Vibe Hotel Darwin Waterfront, responded to this reviewResponded November 15, 2012

Dear Steveanson