Tripadvisor
Darwin
All reviews chinese restaurant loong fong free shuttle an overnight stay bedroom suite few minutes walk air conditioner buffet breakfast casuarina iron suitcases laundry
Selected filters
Reviewed January 18, 2020 via mobile

The service is excellent and accommodation standards high. The staff are polite and very helpful. The restaurant is across at the Mercure Resort where the food and service is also excellent.

They also have one if the best hotel gyms I have seen.

Date of stay: January 2020
Trip type: Traveled with family
K_Staraj, General Manager at Novotel Darwin Airport, responded to this reviewResponded January 21, 2020

Dear Terence_Low,

thank you so much for another kind review regarding your recent stay with us.
Its so lovely to read that we get it right when you stay with us, it is what we strive for every day.

Thank you again and no doubt see you soon,
Kindest regards,

Reviewed January 7, 2020

We had to be moved three times as for poor hygiene reasons and non working a/cs. I have a photo of the aircon filter and it is clear it had not been cleaned in months. We will not b staying there again as it was supposed to be a relaxing getaway. This it was not. All we were offered was a discount on our next stay, this will not be happening.

Date of stay: January 2020
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

Dear evalleycons,

thank you so much for your feedback regarding your recent stay with us.

I am so sorry to hear you did not enjoy your time with us and we did not meet your expectations.
Please trust, I will address your concerns with the team in order to improve our services in the future.

It is our hope to welcome you back in the future,
All the best

Reviewed December 14, 2019 via mobile

My partner and I went to the Novotel Darwin Airport today as we were planning on having lunch at the Loong Fong restaurant.
We asked the lady (with long black hair at about 1.30pm 14/12/19) at the reception where the restaurant is and she advised us "The restaurant is across the road at the Mercure Hotel".
We thought this was odd, but we went over there, only to find out this was wrong.

I called the restaurant directly and was given instructions by the lovely gentleman, who confirmed the Loong Fong restaurant is located inside the Novotel Darwin Airport.

We did approach the lady at the reception again to question why she would send us across the road in the rain to the wrong place.

We did not get a response, but a dirty look and some snarky comments when we walked away and while we were out of site. While other customers were at the counter.

This is very unprofessional behaviour and should not be tolerated by staff working in the service industry.

The restaurant was nice and I cannot comment about the hotel facilities as (luckily) I was not a hotel guest, but this experience makes me NEVER want to stay there!

Date of stay: December 2019
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
K_Staraj, General Manager at Novotel Darwin Airport, responded to this reviewResponded December 28, 2019

Dear stinobruns,

thank you for your feedback regarding your recent experience with us.

I am sorry to hear the team gave you the wrong information regarding the restaurant. The Mercure and Novotel belong together and our guests have the choice between Loong Fong at Novotel and Cossies at Mercure.
My receptionist must have misunderstood which restaurant you were wanting to dine in and for that I am truly sorry.

Please trust I will address this with the team to avoid confusion in the future.

Reviewed December 9, 2019

The room was clean, quiet and comfortable. Everything i required was advisable, staff at the reception desk was very helpful with all my quires. The only thing that i would like to see the water bottle in the frigate could be fill for convince of the quest. It would have been preferable to have the water jug in the frigate was filled with cold water, I had go back down to reception to purchase bottles of water to bring back to my room, little thing like this would made my stay even more comfortable.

Date of stay: December 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

Dear waynelysaght,

Thank you for your lovely review regarding your recent stay with us.
Its a pleasure to read you have had a good time and the team looked after you.
Thank you also for your feedback regarding the water, this is definitely something we can look into for the future

Many thanks again and until next time

Reviewed December 1, 2019 via mobile

This is a comfortable hotel to stay overnight when transitioning through Darwin. I actually stayed here in Aug 2018 and this was a comfortable and relaxed experience. I would recommend this hotel to anyone transitioning through Darwin, comfortable beds, great service and a shuttlebus

Date of stay: January 2019
Trip type: Traveled solo

Dear 466corinneh,

thank you for your lovely review during your recent stay with us. Its a pleasure to read you have had a good time and enjoyed what we have to offer.

All the best and until next time