“Worth the money”

$88.59*
and up
Darwin Sunset Dinner Cruise Aboard a Traditional Ketch
More attraction details
Owner description: Relax and enjoy a magnificent Darwin sunset, a delicious Chef prepared banquet and seated dining comfort while cruising Darwin Harbour. Fully licensed or BYO. All ice, eskies and glassware provided. Owned and operated by NT professional Fishermen.
Australia
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 24 helpful votes
“Worth the money”
Reviewed August 18, 2013

Cruise was nice, slow cruise around Darwin, boat was nice, but this is not fine dining. Staff is in resort wear, guest down to flip flops, shorts, and t-shirts. Seating was very comfortable, lounging, however getting in and out of the seat was slightly challenging. If you split the $100 ticket into $60 for the sunset boat ride and $40 for the food you won't be disappointed. Entree had good prawns, oysters, some smoked fish, pasta salad, Asian salad, bread and green salad. The main meal was a piece of fish or steak, with no sides, however you could go back to the buffet for the items available on the entree to have with your main. The steak was about a $4 fillet from the grocery store, nothing to write home about. The fish was better. Desert was a small cheese cake and coffee. So you can eat your money's worth if you eat a lot of prawns. Even still the whole experience was nice and worth the $100 per person. Just don't expect you're going for fine dining. Say you want to sit on the top when you make your reservation, then be first in line to get your pick of seating. The port side of the boat will have the best sunset views and the starboard side will have the city views. Do not sit in the middle of the boat as the low hanging roof will obstruct your view. Also, it's BYO, and no corking fee.

Visited August 2013

Melbourne, Australia
58 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 62 helpful votes
“Beautiful”
Reviewed August 11, 2013 via mobile

This trip was well worth it - the team run the cruise like clock work guiding you to your own table. There was plenty of fresh food to be enjoyed with a beautiful sunset. A very relaxing way to spend the night. The cruise offers BYO or buy it on board at reasonable prices ($7 per glass or $25 for a bottle of Yellow, Jacobs Creek etc)

Visited August 2013
Hong Kong, China
25 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 22 helpful votes
“Great”
Reviewed August 7, 2013 via mobile

I desperately wanted to give this 5* but have to agree with a previous comment on the commentary. The food was superb, so much of it and beautifully cooked and very tasty. I was particularly impressed by the dessert as it would have been so easy to serve just fruit or a commercial dessert but again really lovely. This was our first trip to darwin and we would have loved some landmarks or facts about the area, luckily there was a fellow passenger who filled us in on a few things. I realise people don't want a constant/ needless chatter but a little more would have been appreciated. That said I would recommend the tour to friends but just clarify the lack of commentary. It was however very calm and relaxing.

5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Excellent sunset cruising with meal option.”
Reviewed July 28, 2013 via mobile

Initially I was disappointed at the reception I received when making enquiries on the phone- the manner of the gentleman answering my calls was a little dismissive. I am pleased that I didn't go with my first instinct and book a different cruise. Our sunset cruise aboard cape adieu ticked all the boxes. Great service, enjoyable food prepared on board and BYO option. Of course a perfect Darwin sunset to boot. Highly recommended

1 Thank Angelae0309
CapeAdieu, Manager at Cape Adieu Harbour Cruises, responded to this review, July 29, 2013
Hi Angela
Thank you for taking the time to post a review of your Sunset Dinner Cruise experience, we appreciate all feedback and all comments are taken on board to better our service and product. My sincerest apologies that you were unhappy with the phone manner that you received from myself and I am extremely happy that you still decided to cruise with us. I am very pleased you had an enjoyable cruise and we certainly hope to see you again. Thank you once again, Tristan Woodbridge, Operations Manager.
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“One word says it FANTASTIC”
Reviewed July 21, 2013 via mobile

We went on Cape Adieu on the 1st July,it was NT day so we had a wonderful light show to go with a excellent night.The service by Suzie our waitress was outstanding she couldn't do enough for us. The food,what can I say,yummy and as much as you want to eat.This was our 2nd time as we went on a sunset cruise 2012 and we will go again 2014 when we come up.Highly recommend, it's one thing you must do when in Darwin

1 Thank Karen D